Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

Meanwhile, Bologna look to secure reinforcements too, as Sky Sport Italia report that Leicester City have shaken hands over left-back Kristiansen.

He is likely to fly out today and be ready to undergo the medical on Monday morning.

This is going to be a loan for €1m with an option to buy for at least €15m.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, happy85 said:

Meanwhile, Bologna look to secure reinforcements too, as Sky Sport Italia report that Leicester City have shaken hands over left-back Kristiansen.

He is likely to fly out today and be ready to undergo the medical on Monday morning.

This is going to be a loan for €1m with an option to buy for at least €15m.

@Ric Flairi thought there was no loan fee ? 👀

23 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Man City will sell him for more than that. We probably would have signed him on a permanent for that much this summer.

I think the reason we didn’t sign him permanently was due to fear of losing out on him. Pretty sure I read we didn’t want to spend to much time negotiating price and buy back clause and risk losing out on him. 

On 26/08/2023 at 12:36, Viva said:

He's been here two minutes really and was involved in the squad that got relegated. He showed glimpses of talent, but didn't particularly pull up any trees. I certainly won't be sad if the club think it's best for him to move on. 

Who pulled up any trees last season?  Far too much judgement of players going on when Brendan was leading the demise. NOBODY played well. 

11 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Who pulled up any trees last season?  Far too much judgement of players going on when Brendan was leading the demise. NOBODY played well. 

The club feel it’s best for him to move on. That’s good enough for me. I’m not giving every player a free pass for last season. 

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I know Rodgers had an unhealthy obsession with right & left backs, but it seems we've gone completely in the opposite direction.  So probably a loan is a good option for now!

Absolutely. If the management was again to change in a year or so’s time - we may require them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viva said:

The club feel it’s best for him to move on. That’s good enough for me. I’m not giving every player a free pass for last season. 

That’s not the point. I said nobody pulled up any trees. If that’s your justification then it applies to every player. Nothing was said about a free pass either. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

That’s not the point. I said nobody pulled up any trees. If that’s your justification then it applies to every player. Nothing was said about a free pass either. 

You was implying that it was mainly Brendan’s fault. Taking the blame a bit off the players. Like I said, I don’t see how anyone could have grown that attached to Kristiansen to be sad if he leaves. He has shown very little on the pitch for us. Yes he could come good, but so could a new signing that we bring in instead of him. 

Every player is available for me if the deal is right for us. There are some I would like to keep more than others, such as Ricardo and Vardy. 

I love the death of the notion of 2 full backs. Usually you have 1 good attacking full back in a side and the other is better defending. This new approach just dials that up a bit more and means that you switch formation when your attacking full back steps in to midfield. 

Doing on both sides is pretty impractical

14 minutes ago, Viva said:

You was implying that it was mainly Brendan’s fault. Taking the blame a bit off the players. Like I said, I don’t see how anyone could have grown that attached to Kristiansen to be sad if he leaves. He has shown very little on the pitch for us. Yes he could come good, but so could a new signing that we bring in instead of him. 

Every player is available for me if the deal is right for us. There are some I would like to keep more than others, such as Ricardo and Vardy. 

You are inferring an awful lot from the simple and obvious truth that NOBODY pulled up any trees last season.  The fault for that is shared between the players and Todgers. 

However, it’s not about getting too attached to players, rather that some of those we have let go and are likely to let go are better than some here give credit.  They are better than 99% of Championship players. They are pretty much mid table Premier League players.  So, replacing them if we get promoted, because we threw them out of the door, will be both expensive and, to a degree, pointless. 

• Like 1

What would be more pointless is keeping players like Kristansen, Castagne, Daka, Soumare etc and having them either sit in the stands or on the bench in the Championship. 
We can worry about buying new players for the Premier League that will be more suited for our manager if and when we get there.