Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

1 hour ago, oundlefox said:

Shows how abysmal the January transfer window business was. Kristiansen and Souttar signed to keep us in Prem and now not even deemed good enough for Championship by Maresca. Woeful recruitment is why we at Rotherham on Saturday. 

Maresca doesn't use conventional full backs so there was no place for him on an Enzo team.

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

Absolutely wild we're barely willing to take a loss on the dross we've signed on massive wages but we'll happily give up a young talent, who will only increase in value, for less than we paid for him 6 months ago.

This club is an absolute circus lol

You don't know that!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Foxestalk masses we need to move players on, no matter the loss...

Foxestalk masses we can't lose that much on a player...

If there is a chance to moan don't miss the opportunity....

Well no I'll moan when it deserves it. This deal really doesn't do much for us. I'm not saying it's a huge error or anything but is a £1mil loan fee and one of your lowest wage players gone really going to get you much? 

Sell Castagne, a high earner for £10mil and there's a very different response - and rightly so as it would be totally incomparable. That's a move that would free up enough to get you probably two signings.

I see this sort of post on here all the time. It's about good business rather than getting somebody out for the sake of it. This will make in the grand scheme very little positive difference to us while we've already accepted a loss on him. Just doesn't do much for me personally. It does seem baffling that we're willing to take a financial hit on a young player like this yet will keep the older heads we've no intention of playing here at all costs.

• Like 1

Well it's evident he wouldn't have played for Maresca so we'd have a player on our hands doing nothing but getting paid whilst his value goes down. Now we have a situation where we get a small fee, his wages paid and there's the chance he shop windows himself, whether that's to Bologna or a Serie A rival if he performs above what's expected. So in that regard, it's a good deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Well no I'll moan when it deserves it. This deal really doesn't do much for us. I'm not saying it's a huge error or anything but is a £1mil loan fee and one of your lowest wage players gone really going to get you much? 

Sell Castagne, a high earner for £10mil and there's a very different response - and rightly so as it would be totally incomparable. That's a move that would free up enough to get you probably two signings.

I see this sort of post on here all the time. It's about good business rather than getting somebody out for the sake of it. This will make in the grand scheme very little positive difference to us while we've already accepted a loss on him. Just doesn't do much for me personally. It does seem baffling that we're willing to take a financial hit on a young player like this yet will keep the older heads we've no intention of playing here at all costs.

The decision by Maresca not to give VK a chance to develop into the Doyle role seems a bit odd to me but he has a very clear idea about players he wants or doesn't want.  We also have no idea as to whether VK himself was keen for this move.  

Whatever, Maresca hadn't selected him once he was fit, even on the bench.  Once that decision is made then the club and players decision to go out on loan is sensible. Wages, albeit lower than some, off the books, small loan fee and most importantly our asset should get playing time rather than depreciating in purgatory here.   

Works for all parties and it's still unlikely Bologna will pay the option fee so a decent chance to get him back - if we want to.  

Plenty of things to moan about recently with the club but this doesn't really seem like one of them.    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

So we want to get a RWer (Maybe Akgun) in asap, maybe we need someone out off the wage bill before we can do that! Maybe this is the easiest and quickest deal to do to make that happen.

Which is great if someone is willing to pay the 10m, maybe at the moment no one is.

I see this sort of post on here all the time. It's about good business rather than getting somebody out for the sake of it.

If Enzo is never going to use him and this is the only offer on the table it's decent business. Money in and wages of our massive wage bill.

This will make in the grand scheme very little positive difference to us while we've already accepted a loss on him. Just doesn't do much for me personally. It does seem baffling that we're willing to take a financial hit on a young player like this yet will keep the older heads we've no intention of playing here at all costs.

To offen we have brought the wrong player and not acted quickly enough to move them on, doesn't matter if they are old or young.

Do we want another Soumare situation? 

Enzo clearly has a bomb squad with the likes of Daka, Castange, Victor Souttar and a few other in, if he's not going to use them we need to get them gone.

Edited by coolhandfox

Bit of potential long term damage here too with prospective players. 

Part of acquiring players is to sell the club, use some case studies  of lads like them who've done well out of the club.

Binning off two (seemingly) nice lads just  6 months after buying them doesn't exactly inspire confidence next time we got to buy.

Add to that that the careers of Daka and Soumare have stalled with us (neither good players, but the next 22 yo from Lille or Salzburg might be)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Bit of potential long term damage here too with prospective players. 

Part of acquiring players is to sell the club, use some case studies  of lads like them who've done well out of the club.

Binning off two (seemingly) nice lads just  6 months after buying them doesn't exactly inspire confidence next time we got to buy.

Add to that that the careers of Daka and Soumare have stalled with us (neither good players, but the next 22 yo from Lille or Salzburg might be)

Yes, but this assuming that things are working out for players at every club. How many Chelsea transfers end up as complete and utter duds, yet it doesn't stop Caicedo or Fofana actively pushing for transfers there. Players stall at every club. Lets not try and make out we are something special with that.

What matters the most is what we do moving forward. Have a platform and a strategy that inspires players like Coady, Winks, Casadei and Doyle. And then hopefully the next batch that we target in the winter and next summer. 

On 24/08/2023 at 11:41, StriderHiryu said:

He doesn't fit into the new system and won't be first choice. Still coulb become a very good player / full back, but we don't play that way.

What I take from this is how far behind we are from Brighton in terms of the way the club is managed. They know that when you change manager, the last thing you want is such a stylistic change that your assets (players) are no longer valuable to that manager. But that is exactly what is happening here.

The worry for me is when Maresca leaves, be it fired or hired by someone else, are we going to have a squad that a new manager can't use? Because unfortunately it seems likely that will be the way.

...not unless the new manager is wedded to our present new style of playing!!!

On 24/08/2023 at 21:51, mozartfox said:

This problem now is, with Rudkin under the cosh to get things done, he will likely agree to some desperate deals so late in the window.  The next view days will see us mugged over several times.

...to a point, this is what a few posters have been asking for, take a hit on deals to get them out the door!!!

How many potential deals have we missed out on, holding out for a better deal or just to "break even." If we could have brought in a permanent signing and get promoted it would be a player already well-versed in the needs of the team and not someone we have to look to integrate into the squad and the way we choose to play.

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Even if the loan fee and reduction of wages allows us to bring in Akgun and another RWer on loan?

Sorry, my post didn't make much sense. A poster on her3 categorically said we wouldn't get a loan fee for him and I was way off. We are getting one.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Do these 'option to buy' clauses also mean we have the option not to sell? Or if the loaned club exercise that option then we have no say? 

We have to accept, but the player may decide not to.

• Thanks 1