Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kelechi Iheanacho

If this were to happen, with no contingency signing ready to come in, it would probably see the end of Rudkin (finally).  To let KI go with no replacement to come in would take this Club´s incompetence to another level.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Wolves will be flush with cash too after selling Nunes.

Might not be. Their manager left because of lacks of signings, they can't make many because of FFP, most of the money coming in will probably be used to balance the books and doubtful they'll want to spend all of what they have on one player.

All of this seems very familiar........ :huh:

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He's someone with a year left on his contract, who the manager doesn't REALLY fancy, who hasn't scored in our first 4 games (not saying he hasn't had influence.)

If Palace are offering 15-20m plus JRS on loan then ****ing go for it! 

As much as I agree we've done some pretty dense business, there's absolutely no way we haven't started making enquiries about other strikers, we need 3 next year no matter what division we are in!

Yeah but keeping Nacho = Promotion, haven't you heard?

So we'd essentially be paying £15-20m for PL football. Very simple, binary decision innit.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If this were to happen, with no contingency signing ready to come in, it would probably see the end of Rudkin (finally).  To let KI go with no replacement to come in would take this Club´s incompetence to another level.

Rudkin must have photo's of Top in the background of Tom Hoppers Thai rendezvous, no way he leaves the club's until he says so, we could hit the deepest, dark depths of administration and somehow he'd be the only member of staff still with a job

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Langston said:

We have form for unbelievably dense business.

I see this sentiment all the time during transfer windows, "I don't trust Rudkin", "This is typical us to not have a target" ect.

Other than the 14 second admin error, what actual examples are there in recent years of us selling players without contingency plans or similar incompetence?

Edited by Verumex

2 minutes ago, Verumex said:

I see this sentiment all the time during transfer windows, "I don't trust Rudkin", "This is typical us to not have a target" ect.

Other than the 14 second admin error, what actual examples are there in recent years of us selling players without contingency plans or similar incompetence?

We tried to replace Mahrez with a bloke who looked a bit like him.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Verumex said:

We have let hundred of millions of pounds of talent walk for nothing...

Just now, Jimbo said:

Rudkin most have photo's of Top in the background of Tom Hoppers Thai rendezvous, no way he leaves the club's until he says so, we could hit the deepest, dark depths of administration and somehow he'd be the only member of staff still with a job

I think Fan pressure could play a part if this window ends badly . The Fans of the Club may not readily accept a second shafting in a short space of time.

Any how, lets see how this pans out over the next 36 hours.  As someone already pointed out, the 15-20m fee against not going up this season is an interesting financial equation.  This on top of what we have lost since last May.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

I think Fan pressure could play a part if this window ends badly . The Fans of the Club may not readily accept a second shafting in a short space of time.

Any how, lets see how this pans out over the next 36 hours.  As someone already pointed out, the 15-20m fee against not going up this season is an interesting financial equation.  This on top of what we have lost since last May.

I could understand this sentiment if he was the leagues top scorer after 4 games. But he's already 7 behind Southampton pairing, and he's finally been given starts which is what everyone said would make the difference....

Also we've scored our winners when he's left the pitch in the majority of games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

We have let hundred of millions of pounds of talent walk for nothing...

That's a big issue with the contracts signed, and one that needs to be addressed, but that's a long term issue, and each player that walked has either left a successor, or we've recruited this window in a way that looks good to replace them. 

Obviously only time will tell on how good.

I could understand this sentiment if he was the leagues top scorer after 4 games. But he's already 7 behind Southampton pairing, and he's finally been given starts which is what everyone said would make the difference....

Also we've scored our winners when he's left the pitch in the majority of games.

How many are Vardy and Daka behind the Southampton pairing??

• Haha 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

How many are Vardy and Daka behind the Southampton pairing??

Yeah, we need another option, doesn't mean i'll be sad if the current main option leaves :) 

3 minutes ago, lanefox said:

With both Daka and Nacho looking likely too leave surely some links for a striker will start popping up

you expect us to sign a striker with what less than 48hrs to go.

weve not even announced the Issahaku deal and we've known thats been about done for days

As said before...we might we well hold out till the last moment. Football is a finance business and to get £20m for someone who's contract ends next year is great business. We will miss him and may struggle to replace but it's a no brainer financially.

2 things can be true at once:

• Iheanacho's contract situation and quality makes him a sellable asset that multiple PL sides would be interested in, if the right bid comes in, it makes total sense for him to be sold
  • Iheanacho is easily good enough to stay this season and start most of our league games, and would likely make a lot of goal contributions

Just because it's likely he'll leave doesn't mean we need to stoop to revisionism and say "he wasn't good enough anyway" and 4 games is hardly a good enough sample. Yes, he's always had an inconsistent career here, but he's been criminally undervalued/underused in his time hear, we've rarely played to his strengths when he has had gametime and he's always been under Vardy's shadow. Nevermind the fact that Rodgers destroyed the confidence and ability of many a player over the last 2 years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Yeah, we need another option, doesn't mean i'll be sad if the current main option leaves :) 

Yes - but this is the point.  I am hoping some of us have it all wrong and that we do have a exciting oven-ready replacement lined up.

• Like 1

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Just because it's likely he'll leave doesn't mean we need to stoop to revisionism and say "he wasn't good enough anyway" and 4 games is hardly a good enough sample. Yes, he's always had an inconsistent career here, but he's been criminally undervalued/underused in his time hear, we've rarely played to his strengths when he has had gametime and he's always been under Vardy's shadow. Nevermind the fact that Rodgers destroyed the confidence and ability of many a player over the last 2 years. 

It's not revisionism, my opinion on Nacho over the years has been an utter rollercoaster i'm more than happy to admit that. But if someone is waving £15m at us for him, with a potential loan back of one of their starlets who we are after, i'll snap their hand off. 

I'm a bit sick of waiting for this potential to be honest lol 

He's had 4 games against majority lower standard in this league and the closest he's come is hitting the post. 

I've said in a few other threads Burnley got promoted with 50 goals from their wingers, we will be much the same which is why i'm not massively worried about who our central striker is this year. 

• Like 2