Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Daniel Iversen

1 hour ago, Lichfieldfox. said:

Surely a Turkish club would take both of these goalkeepers off our hands

Assuming they want to go there, it's not like it's an hour down the M1.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 07:36, FoxTimmy2 said:

Iversen now the 4th choice behind Danny Ward, not exactly the best selling point.

Purely because of the managers ideology though. I think clubs will be aware of that.

Soyuncu being 5th choice centre back in a relegated side didn't do him much harm getting into the Champions League this season.

This is the problem when the buyer has one price in mind and the seller values them higher. 

Happened multiple times over last 24months, players wanting to go but the club holding onto them only to let them go for free Soyuncu, Soumare, Praet and others last season. Daka, Iversen etc this season.

Omnishambles.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

This is the problem when the buyer has one price in mind and the seller values them higher. 

Happened multiple times over last 24months, players wanting to go but the club holding onto them only to let them go for free Soyuncu, Soumare, Praet and others last season. Daka, Iversen etc this season.

Omnishambles.

This was my fear, but perhaps the more pertinent question is, have we learnt lessons? Guess that depends on the WHY we are operating in this manner as it has been demonstrated several times over the last 2-3 years that sticking to your guns just leaves you with deadwood, a larger wage bill and less manoeuvrability in the market.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Iversen isn't for the way we want to play, but based on his time at this level he is actually more than good enough for a side that don't want to pass out from the back.

But we do pass it out from the back so for that reason alone he isn’t good enough. 

I just don't believe we would have turned down "considerable amounts of millions" for a GK who is now 4th choice and completely surplus to requirements. When you have something that is of no use to you then you have to accept market value whatever price you have in your head that you think is obtainable.

Iversen is after all considered not worthy of a place in the squad of a Championship club that has promoted a £6m buy and an academy product ahead of him.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

I just don't believe we would have turned down "considerable amounts of millions" for a GK who is now 4th choice and completely surplus to requirements. When you have something that is of no use to you then you have to accept market value whatever price you have in your head that you think is obtainable.

Iversen is after all considered not worthy of a place in the squad of a Championship club that has promoted a £6m buy and an academy product ahead of him.

You'd think not, but last summer we had absolutely nowhere to turn and there was a player Rodgers had barely used, had gone back to France for a period of the season before and we were offered nearly what we'd paid for him and yet we moved the goalposts and the deal fell through.

We leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of pigsearerie.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd think not, but last summer we had absolutely nowhere to turn and there was a player Rodgers had barely used, had gone back to France for a period of the season before and we were offered nearly what we'd paid for him and yet we moved the goalposts and the deal fell through.

We leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of pigsearerie.

Slightly different circumstances although I broadly agree.

I always think it's good business if you can get 80% of your money back on a signing that hasn't worked out.

You could make a case for keeping Soumare albeit a very weak one, with Iversen he was completely deadwood for us. Dropped to 4th choice for a Championship club with virtually zero chance of ever getting another game here, any offer of several million would surely have been a no brainer and you couldn't get him through the door quick enough. We were in no position to bargain hard or refuse such offers. 

I'd be amazed if that story was true, the logic of refusing such an offer is unexplainable.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2023 at 16:46, Sambiasso said:

Omnishambles.

Rudkin?