Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Daniel Iversen

5 hours ago, TommyK said:

If it's all about money then wouldn't that be Susan Whelan? 

You could be right  -  however the responsibilities for transfer sales seem unclear and it is not the first time that we have turned down sales of "excess" players and end up with still paying their fees

8 hours ago, TommyK said:

If it's all about money then wouldn't that be Susan Whelan? 

Susan surely wouldn’t  get involved in transfer dealings  (unless there are personal relationships to be exploited to get things done   eg. Maguire to yanited) 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Susan surely wouldn’t  get involved in transfer dealings  (unless there are personal relationships to be exploited to get things done   eg. Maguire to yanited) 

Susan had to get the Fofana sale to Chelsea over the line if i recall correctly. 

On 04/09/2023 at 22:20, Ric Flair said:

You'd think not, but last summer we had absolutely nowhere to turn and there was a player Rodgers had barely used, had gone back to France for a period of the season before and we were offered nearly what we'd paid for him and yet we moved the goalposts and the deal fell through.

We leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of pigsearerie.

You keep saying this but there are totally contradictory articles, with people you quoted as a source in the dealings actually stating that we accepted an offer, which he subsequently turned down. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

Seemingly slipped behind Ward going by last nights bench. Want neither still on the books come 1st Feb. 

Maresca to shock the footballing world and include Iversen instead of Ward on the bench on Saturday!

51 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think both him and ward will go in January.

They'll at least go to championships clubs. I think the clear out will continue and we might be surprised to see 1-2 first teamers go too.

Sorry to say but Ward's going no where, wishful thinking that. That's the only thing that bothers me about Enzo is seeing Ward sitting on the bench, instead of an academy player.

46 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

Sorry to say but Ward's going no where, wishful thinking that. That's the only thing that bothers me about Enzo is seeing Ward sitting on the bench, instead of an academy player.

Just looked and he's under contract until 2025 :facepalm:

No one will pay him anywhere near what he's on here so we're stuck with him I should think. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can you see any of them matching his wages here? If not why would he go? Sorry, we're stuck with him.

iversen? yeah i’d think so. Hadnt proved himself when he got his deal and likely got a reduction when we went down. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can you see any of them matching his wages here? If not why would he go? Sorry, we're stuck with him.

I can’t imagine his wages are that big with us

He signed his current deal mid-way through the season whilst out on loan in League 1 and had yet to even play a game in the Championship

More likely to be the transfer fee we want that stops a potential permanent move

• Like 1

On 25/10/2023 at 14:05, MPH said:

I think both him and ward will go in January.

They'll at least go to championships clubs. I think the clear out will continue and we might be surprised to see 1-2 first teamers go too.

I don’t think so not if we are going for promotion and still top of league

2 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

I don’t think so not if we are going for promotion and still top of league

we could be 20 points clear by the time January hits.. if we get a decent offer for Ndidi, he could still  go.. he’s doing a decent job as a CAM but he’ll struggle in the prem.. better to bed a new player in who Is  a natural attacking midfielder and prime them for the prem..

IMO, it’s a total tragedy,how & where Iversen  has found himself…

He is a good goalkeeper, who fell on the sword of poor club rescource negotiations..

Plus another who was willing to stay..from the offset..

The trouble is he is being seen as the 3rd-4th choice,but not on quality professional standings..

He is more than  an adequate PL standard GK, being judged forced to linger in such unwarranted topics & level.

And I really don’t think our fans,from Introduction upto now,has shown fairness or respect to the man..

Edited by fuchsntf

Iversen is terrible with the ball at his feet. 

It’s the reason Rodgers played Ward.

Enzo sacked them both off for Mads. 

Iversen can keep the ball out of the net, so he’d be a really good goalkeeper for half the Champonship. If you aspire to be better than that, he’s not a long term answer. 

• Like 4