Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Do think this is probably true for his lack of goals - it's my main criticism of his but he does almost play like a wing back at times.

I think that's mainly because he's playing on the side of that inverted FB. 

If the RB is gallivanting around CM, he will have to be a little more switched on to protect that RB area in case of a quick transition by the opponent. 

I don't think it is coincidence that there has been a notable increase in his defensive duties recently since Hamza has been playing RB. That's not a dig at Choudhury but his ability to read a game isn't at the level of Ricardo's so he is being caught out of position more than Ricky would, leaving Abdul to step into that area of the field to help him. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Scotch said:

If the RB is gallivanting around CM, he will have to be a little more switched on to protect that RB area in case of a quick transition by the opponent. 

I don't think it is coincidence that there has been a notable increase in his defensive duties recently since Hamza has been playing RB. That's not a dig at Choudhury but his ability to read a game isn't at the level of Ricardo's so he is being caught out of position more than Ricky would, leaving Abdul to step into that area of the field to help him. 

Agree 100%

Hamza didn't offer an outlet causing Faes error thinking he was Beckenbauer for the first goal, could've put a block in on the second.

Requires exceptional talent and levelheadedness to understand and play IRB, best will in the world...

Coady has played many times every level for England and Enzo describes him as his most influential player, surely incorporate him and allow Fatuwa to do what he does best with Ricardo out

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Definitely. And given Mavididi has been largely awful for weeks, all the more reason to shift the sides of the full back moving into midfield. If you're not going to adapt your shape in a meaningful way, at least flip the mirror image

• Like 1

I want this great kid to suceed, but after great early promise, he has proper stalled and seems to have lost all confidence losing the ball at nearly every opportunity.

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

I want this great kid to suceed, but after great early promise, he has proper stalled and seems to have lost all confidence losing the ball at nearly every opportunity.

Part of the learning process.

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

And yet, he still looks our most dangerous player against a billion pound+ premier league squad. He’s young, he’s gonna make some questionable decisions. 

• Like 2

Got the talent to come good and I will give him leeway because of his age and inexperience. Maybe it'll come with time but I'd like to see him make better decisions. If you know you're one on one with your full back, don't always cut inside. Mix it up and try and take him on. Make it a bit less predictable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Got the talent to come good and I will give him leeway because of his age and inexperience. Maybe it'll come with time but I'd like to see him make better decisions. If you know you're one on one with your full back, don't always cut inside. Mix it up and try and take him on. Make it a bit less predictable. 

I think Chelsea set that trap for him - cucarella seemed to want to show him inside where they had others waiting. He’d be used to full backs trying to push him onto his right foot so he was way too happy to take the bait 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was a damn sight more involved than Yunus when he came on. Was excellent vs Bournemouth and Hull and had Daka not missed yet another sitter he'd have got an assist today.

Aged 20, he's doing absolutely fine.

I’m sick to death of Daka honestly. Got a good engine but can’t pass, can’t control, can’t shoot and falls over loads.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I’m sick to death of Daka honestly. Got a good engine but can’t pass, can’t control, can’t shoot and falls over loads.

His catalogue of missed chances in 2024 is now indefensible. I'm really disappointed in him, shocking composure and technique.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His catalogue of missed chances in 2024 is now indefensible. I'm really disappointed in him, shocking composure and technique.

An yet Enzo keeps playing him over Cannon who I thought looked good in the run of games during Afcon.

Daka is completely ineffectual. He doesn’t occupy defenders and is no threat whatsoever. I don’t rate Nacho this season but would give cannon the nod should Vardy be struggling.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Unfortunately he appears a classic convert 1 in 4 chances player which isn’t good enough, no matter how good a bloke he is / and his effort / willingness to press.

Is Cannon the answer - I don’t know - but I think he has showed more and probably deserves a run when and if Vardy isn’t available 

Edited by JimmyC74

45 minutes ago, mod hero said:

An yet Enzo keeps playing him over Cannon who I thought looked good in the run of games during Afcon.

Daka is completely ineffectual. He doesn’t occupy defenders and is no threat whatsoever. I don’t rate Nacho this season but would give cannon the nod should Vardy be struggling.

Cannon really disappointed me vs Ipswich at home and Bournemouth. I said it when we signed him that he's got no outstanding attributes bar finishing but that he's better suited in a front two. His lack of pace is a problem. Him tucked behind another forward would work but won't happen here.

• Like 1

He has it all in the locker. But needs to make better decisions more consistently. I can't for the life of me understand why, when we are attacking down the left. He doesn't hammer forward to get to the back stick. His goal scoring numbers are low because he doesn't put himself in the right areas. Needs some sustained coaching. But the raw ingredients 💪

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He has it all in the locker. But needs to make better decisions more consistently. I can't for the life of me understand why, when we are attacking down the left. He doesn't hammer forward to get to the back stick. His goal scoring numbers are low because he doesn't put himself in the right areas. Needs some sustained coaching. But the raw ingredients 💪

Sometimes wish he would just shoot though. Clearly capable from distance but then cuts in or dribbles wide and the chance is gone 

On 17/03/2024 at 16:48, st albans fox said:

I think Chelsea set that trap for him - cucarella seemed to want to show him inside where they had others waiting. He’d be used to full backs trying to push him onto his right foot so he was way too happy to take the bait 

Exactly.

Full backs are always taught to force a player inside (contrary to the junior football mantra of ‘show them outside’, which many still believe).

The traffic is on the inside and the defender is isolated on the outside. One shot every now and again will fly in, like Mavididi’s. 

A cross from the outside comes at a better angle than a cross from the inside, regardless of in/out swing. This is another reason we’re wasteful going forward. Plus, taking the outside route is usually something a traditional (non-inverted) winger does, making the crossing angle even more dangerous.

Inverted wingers can work very effectively, just not how we use ours.

• Like 1