Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

Guest glasgowfox

Whilst I agree in principle with UniFox21....I get annoyed when premier league refs have a mare so are punished by having to ref a championship game.

Edited by glasgowfox
Error meant to quote

Just now, glasgowfox said:

Whilst I agree in principle I hate when a premier ref has a mare so is made to manage a championship game.

When it's a punishment absolutely, but when there's the availability to, absolutely no reason a Prem ref shouldn't step down and ref a game or two. Even if they're an assistant to a younger ref.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

When it's a punishment absolutely, but when there's the availability to, absolutely no reason a Prem ref shouldn't step down and ref a game or two. Even if they're an assistant to a younger ref.

They had one of the PL refs on Leicester women v spurs women last week, quite good to see 

Watford boss seems to disagree, saying he should have yellow carded vardy. 

I thought it was a good tackle followed by their guy  making a fuss trying to get the card - anyone seen a replay of it?

49 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Watford boss seems to disagree, saying he should have yellow carded vardy. 

I thought it was a good tackle followed by their guy  making a fuss trying to get the card - anyone seen a replay of it?

I was quite close to it. I don’t think there could’ve been many arguments if it was a 2nd yellow. Yep he clearly wins the ball but it was a bit naughty of him with his trailing leg. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Surely today's ref deserves better than being stuck in this topic. Thought he was excellent today. Very balanced, consistent decision making and got the big calls right. Well done, I say.

true, easily the best ref we've had down the KP in years, fair, balanced and consistent

and by some way, actually go as far to say the ref today puts some of the "top" standard ones we have in this country to shame

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Perm refs do step down and do championship games, we have had Graham Scott and Simon Hooper already this season, Oliver Langford refs in the championship & also does VAR in the prem, Thomas Bramall also refs in the Championship as well as the prem

• 2 weeks later...

Stroud was pathetic a few weeks ago and bloody awful tonight. You'll never see a more obvious pen. THAT is why VAR will stay because these idiots miss blatant calls like that. Ricardo gets a high challenge in the first few mins no booking, the next 3 fouls nowhere near as bad all got booked. Compared to the last two refs he was terrible.

Keith Stroud is honestly one of the worst officials in the league, dont know how hes still getting games, like one of the hobbits has escaped the shire or something

also the best official ive seen in a long long time is Sam Alisson; by far and some way the best official in the football league and I'd go as far to say the country from what Ive seen