Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

Just now, Nod.E said:

I've just updated my post having seen the other angle again!

Genuinely don't blame the ref or lino for not seeing it as a clear pen to be fair. From their position in real time, you can easily make a case for it being a coming together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

only defence i have of the ref there, is his probably had a shit eyeline to see it, even then the linesman had a clear view

another shocker to go with the Fatawu non pen against Millwall the other week

growing trend of shit officials in this country

That doesn't look like a poor eye line to me, he's bottled it.

ref.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trev3939 said:

Sam Allison today who I remember being our best ref so far this season and who had his prem debut last week. Hopefully a competent ref for once 

Thought he had a good game again. Nothing too contentious mind

• Like 4

Bit strange Black ref no taking the knee. Suppose it could have looked patronising but we've done it a lot recently.

Yeah decent ref too, liked the advantage.

Aside from the one yellow, it was a clean game. Casedei perhaps a little lucky to get away with one but otherwise very few little niggly tackles pulling of shirts etc.

that said, well done to the ref for keeping it that way. Let the game flow, let the players know that you won’t take any sh*t but will be fair and that is what you get.

being an ex player gets him a bit of respect too I think.

• Like 3

As soon as I saw he was the ref. I was interested to see if he reffed as well as his previous match. He was excellent again and let the match flow whenever he could. I think the players realised he wouldn’t be “conned” at any point and therefore lessened any bookings for rolling round when hardly touched, and getting an opponent booked. He officiated in the PL a couple of weeks ago and was top notch again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Seems to be an absolute pile on championship refs but I can't remember them being that bad this season?

Sure, we've had some decisions go against us but I really don't think it's that bad. 

The two most “high profile” ones we’ve had in Keith Stroud & Darren Bond have been poor and by far the worst. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bert said:

A very easy game to ref indeed but he’s been brilliant both games we’ve had him. 

There are times a ref manages a game well early on and it makes the rest look easy. He deserves credit for that performance.

17 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

There are times a ref manages a game well early on and it makes the rest look easy. He deserves credit for that performance.

He reffed Sheff Utd v Luton over the Christmas period and was good in that too. Many of us are quick to slam the refs so it’s only fair to give credit when credits due. 

Little coincidence an ex player that’s getting good reviews. 

Fox Forever, that was an incident I was particularly thinking of. As you say, 9 times out of 10, a free kick is awarded against the forward. He did seem to take a moment to consider the situation then gave a corner. I don’t think the defender had the nerve to contest it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Seems to be an absolute pile on championship refs but I can't remember them being that bad this season?

Sure, we've had some decisions go against us but I really don't think it's that bad. 

Couldn't tell you officials etc, but we've had a handful of games where the ref was in absolutely no control at all

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Couldn't tell you officials etc, but we've had a handful of games where the ref was in absolutely no control at all

Which ones? I genuinely haven't come away from a game this season thinking the ref had a bearing on the result. Sunderland is the only time I've been frustrated but I think that's because they were decent.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Which ones? I genuinely haven't come away from a game this season thinking the ref had a bearing on the result. Sunderland is the only time I've been frustrated but I think that's because they were decent.

So I guess it depends how you look at it, I don't think a result has been impacted. But I've certainly come away from games where the official has definitely altered the game (not necessarily the result where our quality has shown), or lost control.