Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

19 minutes ago, Lionator said:

What’s he been like today? Always nice to see some diversity. 

Maybe it's positive bias but my experience of non-white officials is that they are far better. Loved the way he reffed it today because he made his decision quickly and stuck to it. Didn't allow any nonsense to take place.

Jarnail Singh was class back in the day as well

35 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Surely today's ref deserves better than being stuck in this topic. Thought he was excellent today. Very balanced, consistent decision making and got the big calls right. Well done, I say.

Agreed. Had control of the game. Played advantage well and consistently.

53 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Been the best ref we've had in a while I think 

I mentioned this in the match thread.

Ref's name is Sam Allison.  Former lower-league player, firefighter, and EFL Ref.  Interesting story, he has.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/march/from-firefighter-to-match-official-sam-allisons-refereeing-journey/

But I agree he did an excellent job today.  Think it makes a difference being a former player.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Was their keeper already on a yellow before the penalty incident?

Yes. booked in the 83rd minute. Watford players were arguing about a lot of stuff at that point....

Thought the ref was very solid today, had good control over the game, let it flow but pulled up all the correct fouls when needed. Think that was the first time I've seen him reffing, could be one to keep an eye out for in the future. I mean, if the Prem are giving Man City vs Liverpool to Chris Kavanagh, then clearly there's a vacancy for anyone competent to go all the way to the top because they are crying out for decent refs up there.

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Maybe it's positive bias but my experience of non-white officials is that they are far better. Loved the way he reffed it today because he made his decision quickly and stuck to it. Didn't allow any nonsense to take place.

Jarnail Singh was class back in the day as well

Race is an indicator of officiating capability? Ffs.  This forum sometimes.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Remember that midget who reffed us against Sunderland he was bad. This guy today was very good, I liked that he let us take most of our free kicks quickly. Some refs get petty with that and don’t let the players do it. 

Really let the game flow, was consistent with booking dissent/kicking the ball away for both sides too. 

Honestly wouldn't look out of place in the Prem.