Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

He got the red out.

He put it back.

He got it out again.

It looked a bit chaotic.

The (admittedly extremely biased) QPR commentators on my stream were sort of OK with the outcome but fuming about how it came about.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

He got the red out.

He put it back.

He got it out again.

It looked a bit chaotic.

The (admittedly extremely biased) QPR commentators on my stream were sort of OK with the outcome but fuming about how it came about.

I don't think they ever realised the two separate offences and why he did it the way he did. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I reckon the referee didn't actually see the extent of the initial foul on Fatawu. Perhaps thought it was just a pull back on him, then had comms with the linesman about the two yellow card offences. 

Agree this might be what happened, but he should perhaps have kept his cards in his pocket until he made his mind up.

• Like 1

The first foul wasn't just a grab but he wrapped his hand round the neck and pulled him back. Very dangerous.  In rugby union I think hat would have been viewed as potentially ending up in a serious injury.

The second foul, he didn't simply push our guy but knocked him violently to the ground.

I'm inclined to think that both deserved a red.  I certainly think it amazing the QPR players questioned it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

He got the red out.

He put it back.

He got it out again.

It looked a bit chaotic.

They were pathetic. Accepted it would be a red and then cried about it when the ref eventually came to the decision.

I think good refereeing in the end to give 2 yellows. Normally they'd bottle it.

14 minutes ago, deep blue said:

The first foul wasn't just a grab but he wrapped his hand round the neck and pulled him back. Very dangerous.  In rugby union I think hat would have been viewed as potentially ending up in a serious injury.

The second foul, he didn't simply push our guy but knocked him violently to the ground.

I'm inclined to think that both deserved a red.  I certainly think it amazing the QPR players questioned it.

He didn't push him violently to the ground lol lol

It was a push in the chest. That's it. 

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

He got the red out.

He put it back.

He got it out again.

It looked a bit chaotic.

I had the stream on, they clearly were expecting straight red calling the player an idiot and were relieved when the ref changed his mind, but of course the assistant had his say and it was red in the end. :)

• Like 1

Hokey Cokey with the red card today. 

He got the right decision in the end, yellow for the foul (as he had Abdul round the bloody neck) and then a yellow for the reaction. 

Not too fussed with the dilly dally, as long as he got there in the end. 

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I got the sending off....it was 2 yellows, he treated then as separate things. 

Today's highlight for me was a free kick for offside being taken 5 or 6 yards INSIDE our half 

That was correctly done. It’s taken from the place where the player touched the ball. If he was offside when the ball was played but he touches in his own half, the free kick is taken from that touch 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

He didn't push him violently to the ground lol lol

It was a push in the chest. That's it. 

Very true, although it wasn't just a little push, where the player has to chuck himself on the floor to make it look worse, it was with enough force to genuinely make Fatawu fall on his arse. Absolutely another yellow card, to go with the one he got for the drag back on Fatawu's neck, which was actually quite dangerous, and may have merited more than just a yellow. Either way, it was rightfully a sending off, and they can have no complaints.

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Very true, although it wasn't just a little push, where the player has to chuck himself on the floor to make it look worse, it was with enough force to genuinely make Fatawu fall on his arse. Absolutely another yellow card, to go with the one he got for the drag back on Fatawu's neck, which was actually quite dangerous, and may have merited more than just a yellow. Either way, it was rightfully a sending off, and they can have no complaints.

C'mon mate! It wasn't enough to make Fatawu fall back! Fatawu baited him and went down. 

I agree it was a red. I agree that it wasn't violent and I think Fatawu played it very cleverly and showed a bit of edge to his game that I like but let's call it like it is.... If he wanted to stay on his feet he would have put a foot out to stop him falling. He kept them together because he wanted to go down. 

• Like 1