Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

8 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

He was right to book Nacho for clapping him but I loved Ricardo questioning a minute later why that was worth a booking but not Roberts hacking down Winks.

I loved how Nacho had to clap for a good 20 seconds before the ref realised lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He had absolutely not control over the game nor the players. Countless times ball has been moved 10/15 yards further forward following a foul and absolutely no repercussion. 

Don't get me started on when there was a scrap between Vestergaard and their defender, ref books both and instead of returning the ball to us, gives them a goal kick

• Like 1

Ironically on the walk back to the car a Sunderland fan I got chatting to asked if the ref lived in Leicester !!
I thought he was so biased towards them it was untrue so when the opposition fans think totally the opposite you know he must have been totally fecking useless 

• Haha 1

I don't like to slag refs too much, but last night's bod was the worst I've seen for a long time.

Most of it has already been said, but one extra oddity was that he did give fouls for tripping, but never seemed to give anything for shirt-pulling or holding (which Sunderland did a lot)......as if he was reffing to a different rulebook.

I'm convinced he didn't have a clue what had happened with the Vestergaard tussle - just had a guess and booked them both.

Clear sign of having lost control was that more than once he told a player to take a kick from the right spot, the player ignored him, took it from further forward....and he just played on. Should be struck off and sign on with a circus! lol  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Holly B said:

Ironically on the walk back to the car a Sunderland fan I got chatting to asked if the ref lived in Leicester !!
I thought he was so biased towards them it was untrue so when the opposition fans think totally the opposite you know he must have been totally fecking useless 

Which for me is a clear indication he was terrible for both teams. Easily the worst we’ve had so far this season. He was so inconsistent it was unbelievable. Let them pull and push us but let them get away with it. Even their manager said that the crowd’s reaction said it all about the ref. 

Lost control early on, utterly inept. You can gauge a lot from the players reactions as well and you could sense that players from both sides weren’t happy. 

18 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Because ref thought Faes played the ball - he gave a corner? 

He was absolutely Miles away and had such a poor view, he was certainly relying on his Lino to make the decision. 

16 hours ago, Holly B said:

There were a few rows with the away coaches with a lot of their fans calling us cheats and having the ref in our pockets. Bizarre.

17 hours ago, Holly B said:

Mowbray was so angry he refused to get drawn in as he’s been in hot water already for criticising officials so yes everyone thought he was crap 

I also agree with Sunderland camp that the time added on both halves was an absolute disgrace. 1 min added on for the first half when there should have been 3, then plays over the 1 to see out a promising Sunderland attack. 5 mins in the second half when there should have been 9. If we were losing we would be in uproar.

4 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I also agree with Sunderland camp that the time added on both halves was an absolute disgrace. 1 min added on for the first half when there should have been 3, then plays over the 1 to see out a promising Sunderland attack. 5 mins in the second half when there should have been 9. If we were losing we would be in uproar.

We had that with Hull and we were losing, there was not uproar :)

On 25/10/2023 at 18:29, Dan LCFC said:

He's a renowned abysmal referee. A damning indictment that he still gets a game at this level.

Yeah he is notoriously shite, couldn’t believe when I got my binoculars out and spotted it was him reffing us. Thought he would be league 2 at best by now. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

...whatever just happened there.

That was actually good refereeing. 

One yellow card offence for the grab round Fatawu's neck. 

A second yellow for pushing Fatawu in the chest. 

And a correct yellow for Fatawu for squaring up after the neck grab foul. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StanSP said:

That was actually good refereeing. 

One yellow card offence for the grab round Fatawu's neck. 

A second yellow for pushing Fatawu in the chest. 

And a correct yellow for Fatawu for squaring up after the neck grab foul. 

Maybe you're right, but from the perspective of watching live, players were crowding (not that unusual), he's seen a blatant piece of violent conduct (if not two, if you count the pull around Fatawu's neck), got his red card out for all to see, put it back, booked Dozzell, booked Fatawu, and then after a considerable pause, then showed Dozzell a second yellow.

He's arrived at the right conclusion, in the most long-winded and chaotic way.

5 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Maybe you're right, but from the perspective of watching live, players were crowding (not that unusual), he's seen a blatant piece of violent conduct (if not two, if you count the pull around Fatawu's neck), got his red card out for all to see, put it back, booked Dozzell, booked Fatawu, and then after a considerable pause, then showed Dozzell a second yellow.

He's arrived at the right conclusion, in the most long-winded and chaotic way.

It wasn’t violent conduct don’t be daft. Neither was a red card, but both were blatant yellows. It was good officiating and clearly the right decision