Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

The ref was an absolute disgrace today. You could tell just how arrogant he was. Wouldn’t speak to them just kept telling them to go away.

You gauge a lot from the players reactions as well. Winks was furious with him twice, nearly every single player went over at full time to complain and hardly any of them shook his hand. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean 3 minutes when the head injury was 2 minutes and there were 8 subs is just brazen corruption. 

Just spoke to my mate, Hull fan, and he used the word “corruption” as well regarding injury time. And that’s from the opposition! 

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Did he book the Greaves twice or was that a mistake by the comms on the broadcast?  I thought he had

Nah, 2, 3 and 5 booked from the backline, plus 20 in midfield before that. 

Honestly though, how 5 didn't get a second yellow for every single goal kick wasting 30 seconds makes a mockery of the whole "yellow for timewasting" rule

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just spoke to my mate, Hull fan, and he used the word “corruption” as well regarding injury time. And that’s from the opposition! 

You see, now you're using a word I was thinking of, as I walked out the ground.

Not that we've really been convincing in any of our games so far, but the thought did cross my mind, that the last thing the EFL want is for another relegated team to walk the league the following season after Burnley had done it!

Then I gave my head a shake, and thought I must be being paranoid.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

3 minutes was a genuine joke. I think even if it was 6 there'd have been boos.

Hull took forever at absolutely everything. I'd be surprised if there were 20 minutes of football played in that second half.

I was honestly expecting at least 8 min, and thought it might be more.

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

You see, now you're using a word I was thinking of, as I walked out the ground.

Not that we've really been convincing in any of our games so far, but the thought did cross my mind, that the last thing the EFL want is for another relegated team to walk the league the following season after Burnley had done it!

Then I gave my head a shake, and thought I must be being paranoid.

I don't think so, I think they are just completely inept and up their own arses. Probably needed to be home by 7 or something. 

If it was that, then Vestergaard gets sent off for his lunge whilst they were arguably through on goal. 

• Like 1

30 seconds for a substitution, 8 substitutions, that alone is more than 3 minutes.

That's before we take into account the head injuries, the stoppages for fouls that led to 6 second half yellow cards (just a card happy ref - for both teams), any other stoppages and time wasting.

All of that said we'd not have scored today even if we'd been given the true amount though or even if it was 10+ minutes added.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

What happened with Winks in the second half?

Seemed to motion that Seri had kicked him in the calf with the ball out of play and was quite animated towards the ref which earned him a yellow.

The ref gave a free kick against Winks, when their player had just chucked himself on the floor, to win the foul and fool the ref.

Something their players seemed quite masterly at.

Rosenior has got them well coached in the dark arts.