Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

21 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Bobby “Referees Badly” Madeley is the t**d that won’t flush away. Does he still get / ruin Premier League games? 

No. His brother Andy refs in the PL. He’s not too bad thankfully. 

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Is he the one who took the mickey out of a disabled person .

i suspect had it been towards someone of race or to do with sexuality he probably would have not been allowed back but maybe just being cynical ?

I thought it was something to do with a dog?..

20 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

No that was a joke going around .

He mocked a disabled person in a video he sent to someone .

Admittedly it was a private one and he was  grassed up ( maybe as they knew disabled people?) but he was lucky to get back in ?

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/31/referee-bobby-madley-dark-joke-premier-league-sack

Edited by Super_horns
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

So that rumour was started by a Leeds fan apparently….

But yes he recorded a disabled person and sent it to a friend with the caption of “‘F**k me I have a chance of winning the parents race this year.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

No that was a joke going around .

He mocked a disabled person in a video he sent to someone .

Admittedly it was a private one and someone grassed him up ( maybe as they knew disabled people?) but he was lucky to get back in .

Someone he trusted as well. A friend had a referee seminar with him a few weeks ago and he was quite open about it all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

So that rumour was started by a Leeds fan apparently….

But yes he recorded a disabled person and sent it to a friend with the caption of “‘F**k me I have a chance of winning the parents race this year.”

Seems pretty harmless tbf .

Mind you probably got as offended by the swearing !!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Matt said:

'Abominate' or not, they don't hide or wait for VAR  to make a decision for them and I respect them for that.

Thoroughly enjoyed the officiating this season, no doubt masked by winning but i'd say alot less mistakes have been made without VAR.  

are you drunk or high?

only thing to enjoy this season in terms of officiating is the fact we could enjoy a goal without VAR looking at every single second of it

officials in general have been awful, from top to bottom, theyve been shite

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

'Abominate' or not, they don't hide or wait for VAR  to make a decision for them and I respect them for that.

Thoroughly enjoyed the officiating this season, no doubt masked by winning but i'd say alot less mistakes have been made without VAR.  

The officiating in this league is woeful, and that's being kind. One ref was very good (Preston game, Watford guy). The rest are utterly awful. Inconsistent and incompetent decisions. 

All need training again, or a higher standard. No VAR was good, but other than that, I couldn't disagree more. Sorry 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

are you drunk or high?

only thing to enjoy this season in terms of officiating is the fact we could enjoy a goal without VAR looking at every single second of it

officials in general have been awful, from top to bottom, theyve been shite

But the officiating has been no worse, if not better than what we've experienced in the PL, without VAR.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I like how having a multi ball system does absolutely nothing to speed games up.

Will be even slower next season…

• When the ball goes out of play and is not quickly retrievable, players must go to the nearest cone to collect a replacement ball themselves to restart play
  • 4x additional balls wills be on the touchlines
  • Ball assistants are not permitted to return a ball to a player
  • Ball assistants are required to return a ball to a vacant cone each time a replacement ball is used
  • Ball assistants should not be positioned next to the cones so that it is clear they will not return balls to players

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

The officiating in this league is woeful, and that's being kind. One ref was very good (Preston game, Watford guy). The rest are utterly awful. Inconsistent and incompetent decisions. 

All need training again, or a higher standard. No VAR was good, but other than that, I couldn't disagree more. Sorry 

The same ref yep, feel like we had 1 other decent one at some point too.

The fact we're debating whether var is actually better is a damming indictment on the efl refs though.

Edited by ealingfox

11 hours ago, Matt said:

But the officiating has been no worse, if not better than what we've experienced in the PL, without VAR.

i dunno, been some right honking decisions, the offside goals for leeds, Ipswich and even us,like plain to see and they wasnt given 

imo id say it is; no consistency with decisions,