Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

Fatawu very cunning in the dark arts for his age. If that bloke could have thought quicker he should have gone to ground like Fatawu did with the first push. Instead he played into our hands nicely. 

Having said that, I think that was a straight red pulling someone down by their neck. If that's not dangerous play, not sure what is! 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

If he’s booking Fatawu for the push, then whether it’s enough for him to go to the ground or not he’s retaliated with a push then it’s still a second yellow card. 

This, him going down didn't affect the 2nd yellow as Fatawu got a yellow for his push and he didn't go to ground.

1 Yellow for the neck grab and 2 yellows for the pushes.

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Fatawu very cunning in the dark arts for his age. If that bloke could have thought quicker he should have gone to ground like Fatawu did with the first push. Instead he played into our hands nicely. 

Having said that, I think that was a straight red pulling someone down by their neck. If that's not dangerous play, not sure what is! 

Agree but no way was he getting sent off for the foul 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Agree but no way was he getting sent off for the foul 

One of those fouls like when Kane does his non jump for a defender to fall poorly on their shoulders or neck. The punishment isn’t as heavy as it should be. 

But agree in the current laws of the game, he doesn’t get sent off but it was dangerous 

Edited by CosbehFox

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Whoever it was tonight I thought was pretty decent tbf.

He tried to let both teams play and let a lot go IMHO

Yeah he wasn’t half as bad as some of the absolute shambles we’ve had. Although only playing an extra 30 seconds on top of the added on time when they had players going down and substitutions made seemed ridiculous. 

Edited by MalletFox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

He was bloody terrible.

The crowd and players reaction say it all. 

Yellow card for Summerville for bodyslamming Choudhury? Joker. He let most things go because he simply missed most of it. 

• Like 2

Ref was crap. Got quite a few decisions wrong and the linesman wasn't much better. 

How Summerville and Choudhury end up with the same punishment for what happened is beyond me too. Summerville slams Hamza down to the ground and not one of the ref, linesman or 4th official see it as a red. Weak as piss. 

Not the worst we've had this season but not exactly anything special. Couple of times just casually chatting to players and missing their players time wasting as they trudge off the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

He was bloody terrible.

The crowd and players reaction say it all. 

Yellow card for Summerville for bodyslamming Choudhury? Joker. He let most things go because he simply missed most of it. 

Thought he was alright to be fair, but that's more because he kept some form of consistency. Like letting Byram off, he then let Winks off later on. Also seemed fairly keen to keep it flowing.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'd also add that whilst they absolutely weren't penalties, we did give the ref two different occasions to make a decision on giving a penalty.

He could easily have given them.

On 29/10/2023 at 09:22, Collymore said:

I know this wasn't tonight's match. But that "tackle" would have been a red card in Rugby Union. Awful decision by the ref not to give a straight red for that.

28 minutes ago, Izzy said:

That’s a very generous rating. Lost control in the last quarter. He was oblivious to the shithousery that Leeds employed to time waste. Very little actual football was played in the last 10-15 minutes and the ref didn’t realise/care what was happening. Not sure it would’ve made much of a difference tonight but he wasn’t worthy of being given too much credit for his performance. 

• Like 3

Thought he lost control abit when Leeds were making subs - he was talking to their keeper & centreback about something while a substitute-boarded Dan James ambled off as slowly as possible walking over from the other side of the pitch. Faes stepped in to have a word with James, but the ref's oblivious talking to their players.

Did add all the wasted time back on at the end though. Great calls apart from that, even when Leeds were having a lie down for nothing he let play on.

I'm normally the first to slate a ref when we lose but he didn't do a great deal wrong tonight. Was spot on to not give the 2 pens when Rutter and Summerville dived and didn't let Leeds get away with their diving too often. Think Byram should have been booked for the first foul on Fatawu but likelihood being that he wouldn't have committed the 2nd foul if he'd have been on a yellow. The only other questionable decision was the yellow for Hamza. Didn't seem to do a lot wrong and Summerville was just being a tit, probably because Hamza nailed him with that great slide tackle a few minutes earlier.