Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think we should go for Chris Wilder

Not a chance.

Top wants us to play possession football, all our recent permanent coach have had a philosophy to match Puel, Rodgers and Enzo.

3 hours ago, trooky said:

If Enzo stays, then we can at least expect a decent summer transfer window, otherwise if he's leaving then it's going to be a shit summer.

Why? 
A lot thought that when Ranieri took over from Pearson. 
I don’t think we should abandon hope if Enzo goes. 

You can forget your ideal manager, the owners want a brand of football. Until they go it won't change.

I hope he stays as he seems to support and back the players and they generally seem comfortable with the style of play. We shouldn't have as many teams sitting back so more space should be available.

Next season will be very hard whoever is in charge.

• Like 3

If he went then I think we should look at a pragmatist like Carlos Corberan (if West Brom) don't come up. Done well at Huddersfield and West Brom with minimal funds and at times in turmoil.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If he went then I think we should look at a pragmatist like Carlos Corberan (if West Brom) don't come up. Done well at Huddersfield and West Brom with minimal funds and at times in turmoil.

Good shout, not sure he fits the clubs profile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Why? 
A lot thought that when Ranieri took over from Pearson. 
I don’t think we should abandon hope if Enzo goes. 

What I mean is, if he stays then the meeting has gone and he believes he'll have the transfer funds to strengthen the squad.

If he's off then we've definitely got to no money to work with.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

You can forget your ideal manager, the owners want a brand of football. Until they go it won't change.

I hope he stays as he seems to support and back the players and they generally seem comfortable with the style of play. We shouldn't have as many teams sitting back so more space should be available.

Next season will be very hard whoever is in charge.

I think his style of football will be better suited to the Premier League and being considered underdogs in most games. Teams will likely come at us and not sit back, which at times has been so hard to break down for us this season.

We undoubtedly need an upgrade in players though, especially in defence. 

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think they would favour Potter over Cooper.

I reckon Potter will be the next England manager after the summer. He is a bit of a Southgate 2.0 isn't he? The FA will love that. I half wonder if he hasn't taken a job elsewhere yet because this one's his soon enough.

Just my theory!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Totally agree. Do you think that English as his second language means he’s not able to give the nuanced answers a native speaker would though? 

I’m sure that sometimes his reply is constrained by the breadth of his vocabulary (and don’t get me wrong his English is brilliant, I’m not being critical, just seeking to understand)

Maybe, might be cultural differences, but you do get the feeling across multiple interviews etc that he's not particularly introspective when it comes to his own performance as a manager. 

9 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

If he were to go would we get something like 10 million Compensation. Which would obviously he'll balance the books a bit better.

This is exactly why he won’t go, because no club is paying a £10million buy out clause for him (unless a top, top club comes in for him). 

9 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I reckon Potter will be the next England manager after the summer. He is a bit of a Southgate 2.0 isn't he? The FA will love that. I half wonder if he hasn't taken a job elsewhere yet because this one's his soon enough.

Just my theory!

You’re forgetting he has to have the year off so he can do the summer podcast/euro broadcast tour talking about his time learning from the best coaches across Europe…. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If this quote from the Mercury is accurate I expect he will be here as long as with give money to spend.

“I don’t care about this (selling players for financial reasons). If we lose important players, it’s important that we bring in important players. It’s not a problem if we need to sell players to solve any problems. But it’s important that we can then bring players in.

Sounds like his well aware we may need to sell KDH.

I imagine we are scrambling around trying to sell the likes of Daka, Iversen, Soumare, Kristiansen, Thomas and maybe Justin before we cash in on KDH.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

My take is I don't really want him to go, I think what he did this season has been a bit underated, despite some frustrating games. However if he is to leave, lets get it sorted over the next week or so, so we can plan without him.

@Ric Flair Take on Coberan is spot on, think he's a good manager/coach and think he would do well with us.

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If this quote from the Mercury is accurate I expect he will be here as long as with give money to spend.

“I don’t care about this (selling players for financial reasons). If we lose important players, it’s important that we bring in important players. It’s not a problem if we need to sell players to solve any problems. But it’s important that we can then bring players in.

Sounds like his well aware we may need to sell KDH.

I imagine we are scrambling around trying to sell the likes of Daka, Iversen, Soumare, Kristiansen, Thomas and maybe Justin before we cash in on KDH.

If he is realistic about our financial constraints and mainly want changes to the support set-up and personnel around the squad, I think he’ll get his way and will stay. It doesn’t sound like he wants to leave. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If he is realistic about our financial constraints and mainly want changes to the support set-up and personnel around the squad, I think he’ll get his way and will stay. It doesn’t sound like he wants to leave. 

The structural changes seem to point largely towards the remit of Rudkin and fresh new blood in to that role. Is Top going to remove Rudkin or move him aside? Find it very hard to believe.

More chance of us finding £80m + to give Enzo on transfers this summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The structural changes seem to point largely towards the remit of Rudkin and fresh new blood in to that role. Is Top going to remove Rudkin or move him aside? Find it very hard to believe.

More chance of us finding £80m + to give Enzo on transfers this summer.

Yes, tend to agree. Do not see any loss of face for anyone in moving Rudkin sideways and getting a proper DoF in, but who knows.

Regrettably feels like the more money (and retaining Rudkin in his DoF) is most likely, which would be a shame, as that feels like kicking the can down the road and repeating an issue of handing an uncomfortable amount of power to the manager.

But who knows, this club does surprise on occasion.  :dunno:

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, tend to agree. Do not see any loss of face for anyone in moving Rudkin sideways and getting a proper DoF in, but who knows.

Regrettably feels like the more money (and retaining Rudkin in his DoF) is most likely, which would be a shame, as that feels like kicking the can down the road and repeating an issue of handing an uncomfortable amount of power to the manager.

But who knows, this club does surprise on occasion.  :dunno:

The only thing they could do is create a " Sporting Director " role which is basically what any dynamic DOF would do and they sit under Rudkin but are responsible for doing the stuff that's required to get the playing side of the club ticking with the manager.

If that is enough to save face and get us back on track then do it already. The issue will be how compatible that role will be with Rudkin and the board.

• Like 1