Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

On 03/02/2024 at 21:11, ronnup said:

I suspect we go back for Mcateer, get Sensi on a free, we'd need a better CB or even 2, quicker,  and probably 2 more wingers 

2 more wingers? With Fatawu, Mavidivi, Mcateer and depending whether we sign or retain Albrighton, how many wingers are enough in a 25 man squad? Not only that, bearing in mind FFP issues, where's the money coming from to buy them let alone pay their wages? Good wingers are a bit like strikers, everyone wants one and I don't see us near the top of the barrel for a ready made good one.

There are bigger priorities I'd suggest. 

23 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

2 more wingers? With Fatawu, Mavidivi, Mcateer and depending whether we sign or retain Albrighton, how many wingers are enough in a 25 man squad? Not only that, bearing in mind FFP issues, where's the money coming from to buy them let alone pay their wages? Good wingers are a bit like strikers, everyone wants one and I don't see us near the top of the barrel for a ready made good one.

Striker. One more winger to replace Albrighton.

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Thats a pipedream mate

Yeah sadly, reeks of Spurs or Villa. I don't expect us to spend as much as he'd cost in total let alone on one player. Wish we'd bought him a year ago when linked.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah sadly, reeks of Spurs or Villa. I don't expect us to spend as much as he'd cost in total let alone on one player. Wish we'd bought him a year ago when linked.

It will come down to who has the most money due to FFP, can see Villa losing out next season and needing to sell to buy.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

It will come down to who has the most money due to FFP, can see Villa losing out next season and needing to sell to buy.

Yep. They definitely look like the next batter up on the conveyer belt of mid table teams spending big to try and attack the top six. 

Consistent Champions League qualification is the only thing that would let them continue to keep spending as they have. They're going to have to lay off a bit and cope with what they have. 

They'll also encounter the same problems the rest of us have had where you realise it's now really difficult to sell these players because they're on prohibitively expensive wages and nobody can afford to buy them for what you paid if you do move them on. 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2023 at 08:45, TrentFox said:

Anyone think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that Tielemans returns? Not advocating. Not endorsing. Just speculating.  

To clean Harry Winks boots ? Absolutely. 

Edit: just realised how far back your post was !!

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I think we will end up making all 3 loans permanent - or maybe Doyle on loan with an obligation to buy or something like that - but I expect he will be back with us next season

Praet, Albrighton, Iheanacho to all leave for free

Iversen, Souttar, Kristiansen, Thomas, Soumare to all leave permanently / on loan again (Saudi dollar for Souttar :fc:)

Vestergaard, Ndidi, and Vardy to sign new deals

1x Right Back / Defensive Mid - Competition/back up for Ricardo in the inverted role and Winks in defensive mid - maybe someone who can be trusted for both roles so we don't need 2 players (like how Choudhury has been trusted to play both roles)

1x Left Back - Left footed centre back to compete with Doyle (Justin would then probably be used at right centre back with Faes as we have seen this season)

1x Centre Mid - Probably go back in for Sensi, or maybe McAtee on loan from Man City

1x Winger - Competition/back up for Mavididi (although I do think we may need someone for the same with Fatawu as I think McAteer might end up out on loan and I don't think Enzo wants to use Yunus as a winger)

3 loanees back and then at least 4 more in with probably half of those being on loan - doesn't sound too unrealistic to me

Part of me thinks its Vardys last rodeo this season. Can't imagine how much could offer him on a new deal?

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think we will end up making all 3 loans permanent - or maybe Doyle on loan with an obligation to buy or something like that - but I expect he will be back with us next season

Praet, Albrighton, Iheanacho to all leave for free

Iversen, Souttar, Kristiansen, Thomas, Soumare to all leave permanently / on loan again (Saudi dollar for Souttar :fc:)

Vestergaard, Ndidi, and Vardy to sign new deals

1x Right Back / Defensive Mid - Competition/back up for Ricardo in the inverted role and Winks in defensive mid - maybe someone who can be trusted for both roles so we don't need 2 players (like how Choudhury has been trusted to play both roles)

1x Left Back - Left footed centre back to compete with Doyle (Justin would then probably be used at right centre back with Faes as we have seen this season)

1x Centre Mid - Probably go back in for Sensi, or maybe McAtee on loan from Man City

1x Winger - Competition/back up for Mavididi (although I do think we may need someone for the same with Fatawu as I think McAteer might end up out on loan and I don't think Enzo wants to use Yunus as a winger)

3 loanees back and then at least 4 more in with probably half of those being on loan - doesn't sound too unrealistic to me

Depth options quickly turn into deadwood from my experience. I think most of our money will be used on making Fatawu and potentially Doyle and Akgun permanent and maybe an Ndidi and/or Vestegaard replacement. Backup left back and right back are not needed when we have a player of Justin's quality for rotation.

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Depth options quickly turn into deadwood from my experience. I think most of our money will be used on making Fatawu and potentially Doyle and Akgun permanent and maybe an Ndidi and/or Vestegaard replacement. Backup left back and right back are not needed when we have a player of Justin's quality for rotation.

Justin competing for the left back spot with Doyle is fine but we definitely need someone who can really push Ricardo for that right back / inverted mid spot - Hamza has been decent in the Championship but he can't do it in the Prem

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Albrighton is gone, Mcateer is nowhere near a prem winger. So we've got two, untested in the prem. So no competition to squad places at all. In a system that absolutely relies on wingers creating chances.

You're bonkers 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Justin competing for the left back spot with Doyle is fine but we definitely need someone who can really push Ricardo for that right back / inverted mid spot - Hamza has been decent in the Championship but he can't do it in the Prem

Sugawara only has a year left on his AZ deal in the summer

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hamza as a rotation option is good enough for me, especially considering players bought for rotation usually dont make the cut anyways.

When was the last time we bought a player to be second choice and we actually got value for money from them? The likes of Praet Soumare are what we need to avoid, you could argue Justin was bought as rotation but he only came into his own when he made is way into our first XI.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Every club in the land craves what you talk about.  A striker who only needs a chance or 2 and he will put one away.

Trouble is they tend  cost an absolute fortune.

People will soon start to realise the "gift" we had in Jamie Vardy is something that very rarely comes around. Maybe once in a lifetime if you are lucky for clubs like Leicester .

Cannon and Daka may just be our ceiling for a while. They are both still young and both have potential.

Maybe one will kick on to the next level. 

Bang on tbf .. i think Daka will be the main man next season and like you said he has still not reached his peak and full potential yet which is good.

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Albrighton is gone, Mcateer is nowhere near a prem winger. So we've got two, untested in the prem. So no competition to squad places at all. In a system that absolutely relies on wingers creating chances.

You're bonkers 

You're clearly an expert with inside knowledge. Enzo seems to rate Mcateer, he must be wrong then. Albrighton definitely not being offered another year and Akgun not being bought. Can you tell us the names of the couple of Premiership ready wingers you've got lined up, what you're paying for them and their wages? Just happy it's FFP compliant. 

On 04/02/2024 at 17:52, ALC Fox said:

I'm sure I heard a commentator remark recently that he could be available for as little as £4m-£5m (I presumed you meant Tommy rather than Callum btw). Would be bonkers if true, even with a year left on his current deal by the time the summer comes around. Him and McAtee would be a very good start to the window. Sensi on a free as well and we're cooking.

Proper alternatives to Mavididi and Fatawu would be crucial too, as you say.

Hes not got a year left though.

He's under contract till 2027 with an option for a further year . No way does he go that cheap. £12-15 minimum I would say If and that's if they are prepared to sell. 

do any of the scouts on foxestalk have a list of box to box midfielders we could sign to compete with mcateer/kdh/ndidi? think these workhorses are crucial to our playstyle.

alves/akgun can provide an alternative option in midfield.

43 minutes ago, Shane said:

do any of the scouts on foxestalk have a list of box to box midfielders we could sign to compete with mcateer/kdh/ndidi? think these workhorses are crucial to our playstyle.

alves/akgun can provide an alternative option in midfield.

There's an outside chance of McAtee being available when Sheffield Utd go down, but Man City may well decide to keep him...

• Like 1