Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

Mandela Keita getting linked to a few Premier League and Championship clubs, yet for some reason we don’t get a mention. 

Surely one of the easiest deals to do this summer. 

He would add some much needed ball winning ability to our midfield. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Mandela Keita getting linked to a few Premier League and Championship clubs, yet for some reason we don’t get a mention. 

Surely one of the easiest deals to do this summer. 

He would add some much needed ball winning ability to our midfield. 

Maziz from Leuven would be a very shrewd pick up too. Would be much cheaper 8/10 than Yunus would cost us.

I know O'Hare is available on a free but Maziz for £4-5m would be a better signing IMO.

• Like 3

On 07/05/2024 at 15:10, GingerrrFox said:

Armando Broja would be lovely but probably too expensive for our current financial situation. 

They stitched Fulham up with a silly loan fee if a certain % of starts weren’t reached.

I would avoid any loan deals with Chelsea.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

They stitched Fulham up with a silly loan fee if a certain % of starts weren’t reached.

I would avoid any loan deals with Chelsea.

I'd avoid dealing with Chelsea where we can anyway to be honest, given their recent treatment of us with signings. Fofana was a farce, leaving us little time to sign a replacement, and then they recalled Casadei midway through the season...and proceeded to barely play him. Again, we struggled (and this time failed) to replace him.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Remember being linked last season or whenever it was. Not sure how he’s doing this season but he had great stats when we were first linked.

Pretty good. He's played 30 league games, scored nine and assisted six. So a goal contribution precisely every two games. Not too shabby for one of the 8 positions...

Edited by ClaphamFox

44 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Remember being linked last season or whenever it was. Not sure how he’s doing this season but he had great stats when we were first linked.

His overall form has very much coincided with Rennes season as a whole, a mixture of high and low points. 

When Bourigeaud has delivered though, he has still very much been one of Rennes’ best performers and most important players. 

A joy to watch when he gets his passing right. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maziz from Leuven would be a very shrewd pick up too. Would be much cheaper 8/10 than Yunus would cost us.

I know O'Hare is available on a free but Maziz for £4-5m would be a better signing IMO.

Yes. He’s so good 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The sort we should have signed last summer for £1-2m. I'd flagged him back then too, in fact we both did I think.

I like Jón Dagur Thorsteinsson aswell but maybe abit inconsistent 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Wonder what chances of bringing in Aaron Ramsdale on a loan deal from Arsenal. A keeper is a must.

Tom Heaton an option though not sure what he's like having not played for a least season. Though I don't think he'd be Enzo type keeper.

Honestly a goalkeeper is the absolute least of our issues🤣 very over the top to say its a must

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Wonder what chances of bringing in Aaron Ramsdale on a loan deal from Arsenal. A keeper is a must.

Tom Heaton an option though not sure what he's like having not played for a least season. Though I don't think he'd be Enzo type keeper.

What do some people see when they watch football..?! 

Keeper is just about bottom of the list, let's concentrate on shifting the useless mongol we've got who's pocketing 70 bags a week to get splinters in his arse, shall we?

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Ah silly season has begun then. 

Dujon Sterling. 

I realise this won't be an attractive or popular suggestion but he has been very good for Rangers this year, not only at RB but probably more so at CM so the RB/CM role that we play would be absolutely ideal for him. 

He's also offered cover at RW and LB this season. Still only 24 and would be relatively cheap. 

Not a glamorous option but more a case of the perfect tool for the job. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

err what? lol

Ramsdale is on close to 100k and you’d have him over Mads?  Or you’d pay 100k for a keeper to sit on the bench?  And if so, you’d delegate stolarcyk to third choice?

Edit:  correction, he’s on 120k a week. I can say with certainty, we won’t be bringing in ANYONE who’s earning 120k a week

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, CaliFOXnia said:

What do some people see when they watch football..?! 

Keeper is just about bottom of the list, let's concentrate on shifting the useless mongol we've got who's pocketing 70 bags a week to get splinters in his arse, shall we?

I do like ramsdale. Very impressed at that home game against us two years ago. That said you are spot on.