Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window 2024

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Little concerning Ipswich, saints etc are all strengthening and we're sat doing nothing 

When is Rudkin back from his winter break?

5 hours ago, TommyK said:

Do we need to strength? We're pissing this league and have a big squad. 

We need to get rid of players - as we have done for the last two years. 

True, but if KDH is out and obviously Fatawu is suspended for Monday against Ipswich...do you honestly like our options for replacing them? They're our two most creative outlets. We're crying out for a consistent, fit number 8 to partner or step in for KDH.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Surprised Villa are going for Morgan Rogers. Wasnt he a free agent? Surely Maresca would of took him in the summer if he rated him from his time in the Man City under 21s

Bizarre. They've sold Archer and Philogene who are both much better than Rogers. Weird move.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So we're now net -2 spaces in the squad since the start of the window (don't quote me saying Luke Thomas unless you can bring a confirmed source saying he's been registered in the squad). 

There's really no excuses for no incomings now. 

It's nothing to do with squad places, it's purely finances.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2024 at 00:48, TommyK said:

Do we need to strength? We're pissing this league and have a big squad. 

We need to get rid of players - as we have done for the last two years. 

Really , we are light on for midfielders, cop a injury or two we are in big trouble 

On 19/01/2024 at 09:31, Ric Flair said:

Bizarre. They've sold Archer and Philogene who are both much better than Rogers. Weird move.

Aaron Ramsey who they sold to Burnley was also more highly rated. Maybe Emery see's Rogers fitting in with his formation and tactics better 

1 hour ago, lucybro04 said:

Aaron Ramsey who they sold to Burnley was also more highly rated. Maybe Emery see's Rogers fitting in with his formation and tactics better 

I can kind of see that, Emery has at times throughout his career favoured another forward who plays behind the main striker. I actually think that's Cameron Archer's best role and he's more advanced in his development than Rogers. But they are different in some ways, Rogers is very strong too.

On 18/01/2024 at 11:29, UniFox21 said:

Not a huge name admittedly, but a decent, experienced pro. Exactly what you're after in a title run in.

11 appearances for Bournemouth in the Prem this season, 20 last season too. 45 in champ in 21/22 for Blackburn. 

Excellent player - was mom at our place last season in a huge 6 pointer 

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Looks like things are not working out for Soy at Atletico. 

I know he's Turkish, so there may be interest in returning "home", but of those four options, is Fenerbaçhe really the best choice? Then again, other clubs could be agent talk.

2 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I know he's Turkish, so there may be interest in returning "home", but of those four options, is Fenerbaçhe really the best choice? Then again, other clubs could be agent talk.

Ünder has gone there.....

To be fair, Turkish football is having a bit of a renaissance in the quality of players it's attracting. Not just a retirement ground for players from Europe, there is a but more to the recruitment than the past decade.

• Like 2

With wingers so important in our system, I'm concerned we don't have enough quality and pace; I really want us to get a winger in who can cover for Stephy and Abdul.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ünder has gone there.....

To be fair, Turkish football is having a bit of a renaissance in the quality of players it's attracting. Not just a retirement ground for players from Europe, there is a but more to the recruitment than the past decade.

Always felt he took Rodgers treatment of Ünder badly, was the start of the end of their relationship as player and coach.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

With wingers so important in our system, I'm concerned we don't have enough quality and pace; I really want us to get a winger in who can cover for Stephy and Abdul.

I’ve got a feeling if we can get someone out (Praet or Thomas) I’ve got a suspicion we will try for Diallo. I’m not sold United will keep him, there’s a deal there to be struck I think.