Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

Posted (edited)

Wonder if we'll see more tears from Vennells in the Post Office inquiry today and claims they are genuine, which misses the point.

No one is saying they arent genuine, what we're saying is there is a difference between crying because of feeling genuine remorse this happened to people and for her actions versus crying because she's got caught, can't get out of it and the reality of what punishment she might face for her consequences. 

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm really going to ****ing enjoy this election

He's the perfect mix between Alan Partridge and Prince Phillip...

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Wonder if we'll see more tears from Vennells in the Post Office inquiry today and claims they are genuine, which misses the point.

No one is saying they arent genuine, what we're saying is there is a difference between crying because of feeling genuine remorse this happened to people and for her actions versus crying because she's got caught, can't get out of it and the reality of what punishment she might face for her consequences. 

Found it difficult to believe, she had no idea the post office conducted their own prosecutions.  If true (which I doubt) makes her look like a dimwit.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm really going to ****ing enjoy this election

Stop picking on the man. He’s supported Southampton since he was a boy, why shouldn’t he be happy,” they said. :whistle:

As a person of the cloth I expected Vennells to be more genuine but in reality she like many others who have gone before her in this Inquiry saw "subbies" as thieves and out to do the Post Office. I hope, when it is finalised, they all rot in hell for the misery they have caused.

5 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

As a person of the cloth I expected Vennells to be more genuine but in reality she like many others who have gone before her in this Inquiry saw "subbies" as thieves and out to do the Post Office. I hope, when it is finalised, they all rot in hell for the misery they have caused.

That was your first mistake.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Daggers said:

Another six reported 

IMG_6642.jpeg

IMG_6643.jpeg

I've seen several versions of this, most often it's Martin Lewis making millions or Robert Peston's sad ending.

AI at a low level. It's gonna get worse. Everything you write and then use co-pilot to re-write, is stored somewhere and will be used in the future for who knows what, possibly against you personally?

Am I being paranoid?

Edited by Parafox

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Jesus Christ.

I am now prepared to put money on Sunak going full Reggie Perrin before July 4th.

reggieperrin.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Nalis said:

Quite sickening that with all these scandals you can be sure that the arrogant British establishment (both parties involved in most of them) will cry a few crocodile tears, profess sadness and regret, promise that it will never happen again, maybe dole out a few pounds to those affected. Then they’ll get back to covering each others arses and nothing will change.

The obvious remedies are things like a whistleblower’s charter, and prison sentences for those who inflict these cruel injustices.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

In local news. 

BBC News - Major revamp of Leicester Market paused for review after demolition

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-69045503

Once again, history and tradition about to be wiped from the city.

This man is ignorant and has no consideration for the value, history and importance of our market.

Leicester Market - Story of Leicester

Edited by Parafox