Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 2023/24

Thank absolute **** for that. How anybody can have been there in January and wish anything but the worst on those ***** is beyond me. Fingers crossed they hold Ipswich to a result that sends us up just to compound their utter misery.

If there was ever a game where a manager should be sacked for a win then it's Ten Hag in that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

A+ shithousery 

IMG_1151.jpeg

It's not even shithousery it just a lack of class and self awareness. In contrast Maguire went over and shook their hands. 

1000074454.jpg

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Interesting note if man u score that winner in that similar situation would that have been ruled out? Be Interesting to know.

No doubt Fa blew sigh of relief when that was chalked off. Fa as brand wanted the best viewing figures globally for the final, so yeah they wanted an all Manchester final.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Just seen the disallowed goal and the ‘offside line’. That is not offside! It just isn’t. Cov were robbed. I’d be beyond fuming if I was a Cov fan.

I think this is a turning point for me. VAR does more harm than good. It’s got to go.

Edited by Saxondale

54 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Interesting note if man u score that winner in that similar situation would that have been ruled out? Be Interesting to know.

No doubt Fa blew sigh of relief when that was chalked off. Fa as brand wanted the best viewing figures globally for the final, so yeah they wanted an all Manchester final.

Probably  would be and no one would feel sorry for them .

Like when the penalty was given - not too many complaints.

Edited by Super_horns

44 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm gonna say yes it would have been ruled out. If there was this bias and corruption that you constantly speak of, then Coventry wouldn't have got a penalty in the last minute.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Do we think people (outside of Cov itself) will talk about this ‘forever’?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68871206

No, thought not :rolleyes:

it will certainly go down as a classic FA Cup moment I'd say. 

Petty rivalries aside, it was an incredible comeback and they so nearly pulled it off.

Definitely one of the more memorable semi finals of recent times

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Amount of fans calling out VAR for giving offside is hilarious. Calls like that are exactly why it was brought in no? Whether you’re offside by 1mm or 5 yards it’s still offside. 

Yes but the problem is when it's 1 mm or very close, how can they be sure that the point of release of the pass is spot on. I thought the origonal point of VAR was to eliminate the howler i.e. the bloke is 5 yards offside but the ref doesn't give it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Yes but the problem is when it's 1 mm or very close, how can they be sure that the point of release of the pass is spot on. I thought the origonal point of VAR was to eliminate the howler i.e. the bloke is 5 yards offside but the ref doesn't give it.

Agreed. Also, there is no advantage gained by being 1mm beyond the last defender, so why apply a rule designed to stop unfair advantages.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Agreed. Also, there is no advantage gained by being 1mm beyond the last defender, so why apply a rule designed to stop unfair advantages.

Don't think clear and obvious applies to offside though?

Of course this is coming next season to the Premier league.

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Don't think clear and obvious applies to offside though?

This is the problem! In the wider view it's a sport, to be enjoyed and thrilled by, not having to wait after every goal as they look for a reason disallow it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

it will certainly go down as a classic FA Cup moment I'd say. 

Petty rivalries aside, it was an incredible comeback and they so nearly pulled it off.

Definitely one of the more memorable semi finals of recent times

It wasn’t actually my intention to play it down, more the ‘will be talked about forever’ comment.

Whilst any comeback from 3-0 is memorable, let’s not pretend it was anything short of the worse Man Utd side for some time and the strongest Coventry side for generations.

For me, the likes of Wigan winning in the final against Man City or Barnsley beating Liverpool and Chelsea on the way to the semis are more memorable. But I suppose that is me looking at upsets not necessarily the spectacle of the game itself in which case yes it was that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Just seen the disallowed goal and the ‘offside line’. That is not offside! It just isn’t. Cov were robbed. I’d be beyond fuming if I was a Cov fan.

The thing about the Chillwell one is that he was right in line with the camera and both he and Soyuncu were basically standing on the 18 yard line, so although it was cm he was clearly off.

think the Cov player was offisde, but I don't think you can be 100% sure with that camera angle and two players standing quite far apart just inside the half. 

Also it has to be when the ball is played, and a millisecond difference in when the still image is taken could change the result. With the Chilwell one iirc you could just see the ball moving. Take it a millisecond earlier and he may have been onside. 

I'm actually quite annoyed about it even though it's Cov. Would have been one of the great moments in FA Cup history. Probably helps I don't know any Cov fans...

Edited by bovril

22 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Thought Sheaf looked nervous, O'Hare looked smug

I think it was that false smugness that people give out, mate.

Underneath I could see he wasn’t feeling at all confident. Generally that stonewall confident look, with little emotion apparent, indicates calm.

This guy was faking it.