Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 2023/24

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’m LE10 and so are most of my family. 

There is a very distinct difference between South Leicestershire folk and Cov/ Nuneaton. 

I'm Coalville area by birth and grew up amongst pit folk. I had nowt to do with Hinckley growing up although my mum's folks came from Blaby and Countesthorpe. So I had more in common with people bought up in coalfield areas - which included north-west, Warwickshire, South Staffs, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire. But I've allus supported City from when I were a kid and a yoath.

But I've lived in Nuneaton and Hinckley and got on awrite wi um. And anyone who's a City supporter is alright with me.

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If VAR had not ruled it offside, there would be people calling it corrupt against United. Instead we have it the other way.

VAR is in a lose:lose position a lot of the time.

There is no issue with VAR here. The phase of play should end when Wright received the ball. The fact the linesman didn't flag hasn't helped because fans probably presumed it was fine.

It was offside and correctly ruled out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

There is no issue with VAR here. The phase of play should end when Wright received the ball. The fact the linesman didn't flag hasn't helped because fans probably presumed it was fine.

Assistant can only flag if they’re 100% sure it’s offside, I don’t think anyone can blame them for not flagging.

As you say correctly ruled out.

11 minutes ago, bovril said:

Would be interested to hear more about this

No sectarian schisms in the East Midlands and South Yorkshire. All CofE. But in places where Catholics and Protestants cohabit there's always a fierce rivalry based on religious intolerance. So Everton and Liverpool, Rangers and Celtic, United and Man City and Glentoran and Glenavon. A lot of Ulster Catholics support United. It's very much less pronounced these days.

2 minutes ago, gerblod said:

No sectarian schisms in the East Midlands and South Yorkshire. All CofE. But in places where Catholics and Protestants cohabit there's always a fierce rivalry based on religious intolerance. So Everton and Liverpool, Rangers and Celtic, United and Man City and Glentoran and Glenavon. A lot of Ulster Catholics support United. It's very much less pronounced these days.

Sorry I misunderstood your post and thought you meant the LCFC vs Cov rivalry had a sectarian element. 

• Like 1

Speaking to a man u fan just he switched off at 3-3 said didn't care for the outcome. He said, No matter whatever what happened it was still embarrassment to throw away a three goal lead to a midtable championship team. Even said hed been happy if cov found the winner just too see Ten Haag gone.

Well they have had our Swindon Town moment plus an extra couple of twists of the knife. 

I grew up in the north of the county so never really had anything against them, although recently some of their fans do appear to be a little er…..’Unique’ 

That was actually pretty perfect today, Yanited go 3-0 up ha they’re getting battered on their big day out. They come back to 3-3 and I’m thinking Goldridge has probably self combusted. The ‘winner’ let’s all laugh at United, VAR rules it out and Cov fans are broken. Lose on penalties and they are in tears. It really could have gone either way at the end and I don’t think I would have cared.

They would have gone to the expense of another big day out only for Man City to clinically dispose of them anyway. 

51 minutes ago, Corky said:

I disagree, if you can’t see that there’s an issue with fans being able to celebrate a 121st minute winner only for it to be disallowed 2 minutes later, I don’t know what to say.

That has always been the issue. Decisions will be correct sometimes and incorrect other times regardless of whether VAR is used. The offside law is also really poor. Why not the whole body instead of any part of it?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Corky said:

Thing is the linos don't flag if there's an element of doubt because VAR. Not something I'm a huge fan of and I can envisage a scenario where a player gets seriously injured as a result of that play on directive 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Thing is the linos don't flag if there's an element of doubt because VAR. Not something I'm a huge fan of and I can envisage a scenario where a player gets seriously injured as a result of that play on directive 

I don't blame him for not flagging, I just think the people in the ground thought it was onside as he hadn't flagged. 

Didn't want either club to win but always nice to see an under dog team stick it to a top 6 club. Whether that's our local rivals or not.

Not like either of these clubs will beat man city.

Man utd are a hot fecking mess if they can't maintain a 3 nil against feckin cov. ETH is getting sacked.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

It was offside and correctly ruled out

Sort of. The rules,.up until VAR anyway,.allowed for an element of doubt. And where there was, the officials are licensed to favour the attacker. 

In that respect, if that law is still in existence, the goal was incorrectly disallowed 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Sort of. The rules,.up until VAR anyway,.allowed for an element of doubt. And where there was, the officials are licensed to favour the attacker. 

In that respect, if that law is still in existence, the goal was incorrectly disallowed 

I thing if VAR didn't exist, Cov score that goal no one would criticise or blame the lino for not giving it as it was just too close too call and I don't imagine many Man U fans would have been ringing into Talksport and complaining "oh it was way offside, shouldn't have counted" I know var saved us in our moment of glory, probably the only time VAR was useful to us. But since its inclusion, too much questions of doubt have been raised. For me on this occasion your claiming an attack player is gaining advantage over a defender by a toe nail is very harsh. At the end of day, we want to see more goals not games goals chalked off. In the championship this season have we complained often about a linesman or lineswoman missing an offside.

• Like 1