Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

48 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Unemotional about it. These lads are kids to me. Difficult to get too atsey about silly behaviour.

Lots of high horse riding on here. Were those of you keen to slaughter Hamza so harsh on Wes, who did the same? 

I would.  When I was 18, 5 of my friends died in a car crash when a drunk driver cut a corner and hit them at 75mph.  It's the one thing I really struggle to look beyond. 

As a result, I've never even had a single pint and then driven. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Wow Enzo that’s a massive massive error playing him after being arrested for drink driving 

club discipline will be a struggle now 

This has ruined my evening … now I’m really worried about Enzo 

shot himself in the foot 

Gut is the club didn’t know about it hence the lack of comment towards it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

If that's the case they'd do well to give him a lengthy ban from the squad. Made the club and the coach look like muppets for picking him now this has come out.

7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Suspend & fine him against Birmingham..and tell hell he’s a very naughty boy,

Then suspend him again against Swansea just to show we are very,very angry :ph34r:

This isn't something Enzo will just gloss over. Enzo put his trust in him because we're currently short on midfielders. Hamza probably decided to not tell anyone about this and now he's managed to make it look like he got caught breaking the law and was rewarded with a start for it by Maresca. 

Just now, FoxFossil said:

Does the club have a wider drinking culture?

Might explain why they run out of juice and conceed late goals. Anyone ITK?

Need to get back to the late summer drinking vibe, sun downers and winning ourselves late on week in, week out. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Wow Enzo that’s a massive massive error playing him after being arrested for drink driving 

club discipline will be a struggle now 

This has ruined my evening … now I’m really worried about Enzo 

shot himself in the foot 

Rodgers dropped the Covid partiers and it didn't do anything for discipline. If anything it felt like it backfired and started that season's bottlejob. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

I would.  When I was 18, 5 of my friends died in a car crash when a drunk driver cut a corner and hit them at 75mph.  It's the one thing I really struggle to look beyond. 

As a result, I've never even had a single pint and then driven. 

This is fair, I do think that it is a spectrum though and depending on where he falls on that (ie did he have 2 pints which many people drive on) is important. 

I like Hamza but he definitely needs to grow up a bit

• Like 1

Before the club offered him that new contract did they not think of his off field antics?

He seems to be more front page news rather than on the back pages.

At 26 and a player that Enzo has clearly put more faith than Rodgers did……you’d have hoped he’d realise the very fortunate situation that he finds himself in (being paid silly money at your boyhood club and actually getting minutes on the pitch).

6 hours ago, LFox99 said:

This isn't something Enzo will just gloss over. Enzo put his trust in him because we're currently short on midfielders. Hamza probably decided to not tell anyone about this and now he's managed to make it look like he got caught breaking the law and was rewarded with a start for it by Maresca. 

I don’t do media,or wagging tong speculation..The lad was foolish,club & Enzo will deal with it has they see fit..Some fans enjoy

that adrenaline of Soap-opera discussion.I concentrate on the football,

training and gameday debate…

• Like 1

Drink driving has claimed the lives of many innocent people, destroying lives and families. Clubs need to take a firmer stance on incidence like this, it appears no one was hurt, but if you’re willing to sit behind the wheel of a car drunk, you’re willing to take the chance that you may recklessly seriously injure or kill someone. 

If he’s got an issue I’m all for the club helping him through it, but he probably shouldn’t be playing for the club again. You can’t be complicit in behaviour like this, not with this kind of profession.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Unemotional about it. These lads are kids to me. Difficult to get too atsey about silly behaviour.

Lots of high horse riding on here. Were those of you keen to slaughter Hamza so harsh on Wes, who did the same? 

Half agree, it’s an absolutely ridiculous thing to do. Not that it’s ok but I’m sure plenty in here have done similar. 

Don’t think any club has sacked a player just for being charged through drink driving alone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Surely they would have to have known about it. I’m pretty sure most employees are obliged to tell their employer if they’ve been arrested? Especially given that it’s gonna come out in the media anyway. 

1 hour ago, bmt said:

This is fair, I do think that it is a spectrum though and depending on where he falls on that (ie did he have 2 pints which many people drive on) is important. 

I like Hamza but he definitely needs to grow up a bit

But why take that risk at all? A multi millionaire (!) who could’ve quite easily got a taxi. 

• Like 2