Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

Hamza is really good at passing backwards and making recovery tackles.

He's very poor at making space to receive a pass, being aware of opposition players, dealing with players running at him.

The amount of times he hides behind opposition players so he doesn't have to receive the ball is mad.

I thought he was good last night when defending on the ground but he definitely struggled a bit with some of the long balls in behind him

Close to scoring a banger as well

Wanted to throttle him at the end though when he put that stupid cross in when Albrighton was literally right there

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

He certainly wasn’t. There were dodgy moments (such as that cross at the end) but that role is a tough one to do and on the whole, against 2nd in the league, he did it well.

What did he do well, constantly out of position the winger getting in behind him, dordilling on the ball and shit passing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he was excellent last night.

Agreed his energy and tackling back was great but that daft cross near the end and getting caught out of position let's him down (it was why Rodgers benched him even when Ndidi was out because he'd just wander off chasing loose balls instead of staying in that zone in front of the CBs).

Tbf Enzo asked a lot of him last night. Playing the inverted full back role, then asking him to play it coming from the left and also needing him to cover the marauding runs/dummy runs from Burns. Ipswich were tactically very good last night, I’d say tactically they played with more intelligence than a good number of Premier League teams (credit to their manager) and that made it a really difficult night for Hamza as much mentally as it was physically. 

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Mind boggling that this doesn't result in being dropped. Doyle could have easily stepped in, if nothing else to set a precedent.

And that's just speaking with my football head on. At a human level it's just scumbag behavior.

Doyle doesn’t play the role Hamza was doing (Ricardo’s) so I don’t think he could’ve easily stepped in

But yes he still should’ve been dropped

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Doyle doesn’t play the role Hamza was doing (Ricardo’s) so I don’t think he could’ve easily stepped in

But yes he still should’ve been dropped

Ah yeah, you're right.

Still, Ricardo could have played his role and we could have played Akgun or Praet as the 8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Burns was their biggest threat going forward, beating hamza in the air several times.

In his defence, he’s not a full back. But you’ve highlighted the big issue with Hamza and that’s his use of the ball, especially when under a bit of pressure. We don’t play a system where you can accommodate those sort of players in my opinion. 

Nothing ever came of Burns winning the ball in the air.

More often than not Burns would win the flick on to himself but Hamza would get to the second ball first.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Tbf Enzo asked a lot of him last night. Playing the inverted full back role, then asking him to play it coming from the left and also needing him to cover the marauding runs/dummy runs from Burns. Ipswich were tactically very good last night, I’d say tactically they played with more intelligence than a good number of Premier League teams (credit to their manager) and that made it a really difficult night for Hamza as much mentally as it was physically. 

I thought Ipswich were tactically poor last night, one of the few teams who have struggled with us in the 1st half of games twice this season.

Our undoing was as much us as them. I didn't see anything tactically brilliant from them last night, except to stop being so scared us of going man for man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought Ipswich were tactically poor last night, one of the few teams who have struggled with us in the 1st half of games twice this season.

Our undoing was as much us as them. I didn't see anything tactically brilliant from them last night, except to stop being so scared us of going man for man.

I thought some of the forward runs by deep players into the gaps we were leaving due to how we were marking were good - thankfully pretty much all the attempts didn’t come off or were defended well

But other than that which effectively turned them into a long ball team - I wasn’t too impressed by them tactically either

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeh undoubtedly we contributed significantly to our own problems but I thought Burns, Luongo, Harness and Jackson created a lot of challenges for our back line last night that occupied them and prevented us from being as effective at breaking the press. We are tactically a difficult team to play against, but Ipswich were instigating individual runs and dummy runs off the ball at all times that were clearly pre-planned, well drilled and created chaos at times. This was emphasised later when they were replaced with fresh legs and the ineffective Chaplin was hooked for additional pace. They were playing a team with better players but those 4 and their replacements were absolutely key to them staying in the game and wearing us out physically and mentally. I thought they were tactically one of the strongest teams we’ve seen at The KP. Thru knew they couldn’t go toe to toe but had a game plan that ended up being very effective. 

Also, I assume they’d have been training on Saturday, for a Monday night fixture.  And despite knowing that this was his big chance, due to injuries etc, Hamza still went out on the piss on Friday night.  

Just now, Qwerty said:

Also, I assume they’d have been training on Saturday, for a Monday night fixture.  And despite knowing that this was his big chance, due to injuries etc, Hamza still went out on the piss on Friday night.  

Thursday night into Friday morning - not any better 

Shit for brains 

• Like 2

Seems like the type that thinks they're above the law, given their job title.

A heavy fine won't do in this situation, so hopefully a form of community service can come out of this..

Edited by Wymsey

They term it unpaid work nowadays,Believe me its mind numbing steaming clothes in a charity shop or cutting hedges but serves a purpose.

Bonkers driving when a taxi or driver is in you budget Probably been out on the lash with Mahrez and Kante