Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Then the ref books him like a tw** :rolleyes:

Hamza should be starting games like this over Casadei imo. Particularly while Ndidi is out. We need that physicality and tackles to break up play against dogged opposition

different incident

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Hamza should be starting games like this over Casadei imo. Particularly while Ndidi is out. We need that physicality and tackles to break up play against dogged opposition

I did wonder if he can turn Ndidi into an attacking force whether Hamza with his energy and pressing can do the same but it seems the answer to that is no. Shame because he certainly puts himself about far more than Casadei. Great saving tackle though, that was like something from his debut year.

I still think he should be playing in that inverted full back role. 

He’s looked great whenever he’s been there. I’d be tempted to try him there. In terms of Ricardo it’s a bit of conundrum. Because he’s absolutely quality, but I think he’s wasted in that role. And then, again. Where does he play? Because we don’t play with full backs? 

We need to start playing players than maximise the system, rather than for their individual ability. Hamza is good in that role, his traits complement the style, whereas I feel Ricardo is a bit of a luxurious passenger, and that no fault of his own, it’s purely the system he’s playing in.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did more in his role than Casadei did all game before subbed. 

Brilliant tackle on Summerville. Reminded me of the one against Salah a few seasons ago. Still got that pace! 

Shamefully booked by the tit of a ref. 

Would like to see him start over Casadei against Boro. 

Didn't play the same role as Casadei.

He played Ricardo role and Ricardo pushed into the 8 role.

It's not a straight swap.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Didn't play the same role as Casadei.

He played Ricardo role and Ricardo pushed into the 8 role.

It's not a straight swap.

Yeh and maybe with Ndidi out Enzo might start with this set up against Boro. Perhaps for the first time this season there could be a first 11 switch for a real negative reason rather than just to rotate. Casadei was way off it yesterday and he can’t complain if he’s replaced at right sided number 8 by Ricardo. It’s a shame Praet is unavailable as  he would be perfect in the role. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Not convinced. He has to make those tackles because he’s always behind the game. Slows the play down because he doesn’t have the technical ability to play on the half turn. 

100% this - reminds me of Gareth McCauley. Every challenge was a sliding tackle, because he was always chasing the ball. Better players read the game and stay on feet 

18 hours ago, HybridFox said:

2 totally different positions and players. When Choudary came on he played in Ricky P’s position and Ricky pushed up in casadei’s spot

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Did more in his role than Casadei did all game before subbed. 

Brilliant tackle on Summerville. Reminded me of the one against Salah a few seasons ago. Still got that pace! 

Shamefully booked by the tit of a ref. 

Would like to see him start over Casadei against Boro. 

Push Ricardo in to Casadei's position and Hamza at inverted full back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

?

wouldn’t that be a reversal of their  natural positions?

Not necessarily. Ricardo can play many roles, he's far more effective as an 8 than Hamza and Hamza has proven he can do that inverted full back role in this system pretty well. His pace helps out the defence too.

Hopefully Wilf is back after the international break and we can get a bit of fluidity back. All this using players in slightly different positions isn't helping. The last 2 or 3 have been tough going partly because of his absence (never thought I could say that again) but as for Hamza I'd have him in at LB. He's got more energy than Justin and did well there a few games ago. JJ just doesn't look comfortable in this system and whatever anyone says those injuries have definitely made him less mobile in that LB role.

21 hours ago, LVFox said:

His tackle gets the plaudits (it was a beauty), but he's really improved on the ball this year.

Hamza at RB with Ricardo playing as an 8 is a real option. Although I'd worry about the strain on Ricardo's body with that role.

I think so too. Maresca seems to be ironing the kinks out of a few of our players who have previously frustrated.

On 04/11/2023 at 00:42, HybridFox said:

I mean he gets up and gets in Summervilles face, that by the letter of the law is a booking. What the ref got wrong in that scenario is punishing Hamza and Summerville equally for the afters and letting the violent conduct from Summerville to kick it off slide 

On 04/11/2023 at 09:53, alanf0x said:

100% this - reminds me of Gareth McCauley. Every challenge was a sliding tackle, because he was always chasing the ball. Better players read the game and stay on feet 

Yet Gareth McCauley arguably went on to have a better career when he left us. In his prime he'd have done a better and more solid job than our lot at the back last year.