Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Might be controversial but I thought he was not so good tonight. Defensively he was superb, often times rescuing teammates when they made mistakes. But on the ball especially in the first half he gave it away a lot. Generally speaking this season he has been good on the ball but not so much tonight. I think you see the games Enzo uses him in, ones where the opposition sit back so much that if he loses it, it’s not terminal. 

The role he’s been asked to play is very difficult, but I suspect we will sign someone to compete / rotate with Winks and Ricardo. 

Seems to be looking for negatives, lets put it this way, if he was on the pitch against ipswich doing what he did in this game I think we wouldnt have conceded.   All those rescues easily outweigh the odd loose ball.  His loose balls are also usually not in dangerous area, e.g. when mads passes it to someone running at our goal, thats what I call a problem.

However I think this is his best game for us this season, so we need consistency at that level.  I also can only recall 1 loose pass in my head from him that I noticed in the game towards the end.

Dont want to be in the Rodgers mindset where losing the ball is considered to be the biggest sin, I so hated that mentality, it got so bad it had clearly got in the players heads (as well as a some fans).  Thankfully Enzo doesnt seem to have the same obsession, he wants control of games, but I dont think he is panicking over the odd misplaced pass.  Enzo ball 2.0 which we now play is also more risky. :)

Edited by Chrysalis

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Might be controversial but I thought he was not so good tonight. Defensively he was superb, often times rescuing teammates when they made mistakes. But on the ball especially in the first half he gave it away a lot. Generally speaking this season he has been good on the ball but not so much tonight. I think you see the games Enzo uses him in, ones where the opposition sit back so much that if he loses it, it’s not terminal. 

The role he’s been asked to play is very difficult, but I suspect we will sign someone to compete / rotate with Winks and Ricardo. 

According to WhoScored his passing accuracy was at 92% 5th in the team.

EJ6isn1.png

Hamza lost the ball 10 times. Watch the first 15 minutes of that game again, he gave it away 5 times in the first 15 minutes! Often times when under no pressure and having time to pick his pass.

The stats show he had a great game defensively, as previously mentioned. But I'll have to agree to disagree with those saying this was his best game for us this season. This was against a team that did not press the midfield pivot of Winks or Choudhury at all. They backed off into a low block and let us build from the back as often as we wanted to.

I'm a big supporter of Hamza and think he's had a great season. He's always done a good job for us this season, and in general his passing has been good every time he's played. But for me, this game shows why Enzo doesn't pick him in games against the high pressing teams in the division. I can't go as far as to say he had a bad game, because he most certainly didn't. I just think that in possession, he needs to be sharper on the ball.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

EJ6isn1.png

Hamza lost the ball 10 times. Watch the first 15 minutes of that game again, he gave it away 5 times in the first 15 minutes! Often times when under no pressure and having time to pick his pass.

The stats show he had a great game defensively, as previously mentioned. But I'll have to agree to disagree with those saying this was his best game for us this season. This was against a team that did not press the midfield pivot of Winks or Choudhury at all. They backed off into a low block and let us build from the back as often as we wanted to.

I'm a big supporter of Hamza and think he's had a great season. He's always done a good job for us this season, and in general his passing has been good every time he's played. But for me, this game shows why Enzo doesn't pick him in games against the high pressing teams in the division. I can't go as far as to say he had a bad game, because he most certainly didn't. I just think that in possession, he needs to be sharper on the ball.

Winks lost it 8 times, and Dewsbury-Hall 14. You've also ignored him having a pretty good pass completion rate last night

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Winks lost it 8 times, and Dewsbury-Hall 14. You've also ignored him having a pretty good pass completion rate last night

His passing  mostly consisted of 2 yards backwards passing though. I don’t rate Hamza at all but  I have to admit he has been a lot better this season so good on him , but last night he reverted back to his old self . 

Edited by baldeagle

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

poor on the ball as usual but covered well. Not a prem standard player if go up

Edited by Claridge
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very good in the cup game. He played as the Winks replacement and in this one, the opposition pressed up high and tried to disrupt the double pivot. Hamza didn't put a foot wrong all game long, and several times received the ball under heavy pressure and dealt with it very well. Not just playing it back the way it came, but moving it onwards progressively. Defensively, he was also excellent.

I was critical of him in the last game, in this one he was my MOTM. In that position, you need confidence that if you give him the ball, he will look after it and get us out of trouble. I felt he did that all game long and Stolarczyk should have used him more often!

I agree MOTM for me too. Looks very composed on the ball to go with his defensive abilities already. He should be starting more games for us now. Enzo has improved him massively. 

• Like 3

He's got a great eye for timing a challenge or interception. Brings his energy all around the park. Occasionally I feel his 'swagger' in possession is misplaced. As he's really not that talented to warrant an ego. But if we focus on his positive attributes & maximise them. He's a resource in this division. As for the prem - 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Ric Flair said:

I thought he was excellent last night.

I thought he was good but shouldn’t have been playing left back, got caught a number of times by Burns over the top, which was just down to positioning or not being switched on enough due to unfamiliarity of position.. His tackling was excellent and I’d have liked to have seen him move centrally during the game.

• Like 2