Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Victor Kristiansen

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Frankly who can blame the Italian clubs for wanting to drive transfer fees down. I’ve fifty times more respect for the transfer business policy of these clubs, than the like of Man Utd who are happy to repeatedly pay £70-90m for players who GENUINELY wouldn’t get in our side.

It was an agreement when the loan was signed off so the price agreed should be honoured if they want him permanently or they can fck off. Awful way to conduct business 

29 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

It was an agreement when the loan was signed off so the price agreed should be honoured if they want him permanently or they can fck off. Awful way to conduct business 

Easier to stomach if he had other suitors

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually think in this system he'd be decent. I was more impressed with his old fashioned defending and strength than I was him going forward and supporting the winger.

Not sure his good enough on ball?

5 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Yeah, I'd heard that Maddison, Thomas and a the rest of the English clique basically blanked him when he arrived because he was taking LT's position. LT being quite an influential member of the squad.

FWIW, I thought VK looked like a bit of a rough diamond. Didn't look brilliant technically, but had pace, determination and physicality. I agree that there's a player in there.

It's funny. You forget that these guys are basically kids and all the shit that goes with it. Like being back at school. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t enzo say he couldn’t do the ricardo or Doyle role? He’s finished here whilst enzo is in charge if I have remembered that rightly. 

The player himself said he didn’t want to adapt his game, preferring to play as a typical LB who gets up the pitch rather than moving inside. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t enzo say he couldn’t do the ricardo or Doyle role? He’s finished here whilst enzo is in charge if I have remembered that rightly. 

That was for Thomas

With Kristiansen I believe it would've been the Doyle role he would be used in but Kristiansen himself just didn't want to try and do it and wanted to stay as a "proper" left back

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

That was for Thomas

With Kristiansen I believe it would've been the Doyle role he would be used in but Kristiansen himself just didn't want to try and do it and wanted to stay as a "proper" left back

I do think the way Justin played it is more conventional full back than how Doyle does? Maybe could be room for him? 

31 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The player himself said he didn’t want to adapt his game, preferring to play as a typical LB who gets up the pitch rather than moving inside. 

Thats a very poor attitude if true.

16 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I do think the way Justin played it is more conventional full back than how Doyle does? Maybe could be room for him? 

Might be more of the attacking aspect of it I think, as we rarely if ever see JJ or Doyle getting that far forward overlapping the winger etc.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Neither was Ndidi and now look at him.

True.

But Ndidi has shown the desire to play where the manager wants, Kristiansen according to report didn't want to.

As Enzo has shown with Daka it takes a long time to get back in his good books.

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

That was for Thomas

I think you're right but also he'd merely be playing second fiddle with only sporadic appearances. At his age you can't blame him for wanting more.

End of the day the move just hasn’t worked out for either party, as VK has quoted he joined a dysfunctional club, with a Manager desperately eyeing a get out and pay off and a squad that was fragmented. 

Add in that he seems to be quite forthright and it was always going to be difficult to integrate last season, we then get relegated and appoint a manager who wants to take us in a new direction and we desperately need everyone to be onboard with his ideas, so it made perfect sense for the club and VK to part ways as he has stated he does not want to play the role in Enzo’s formation. 

Let’s hope his performances are of sufficient quality that come the summer he has attracted sufficient interest from other clubs and we can recoup the original outlay and move on. 

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Thats a very poor attitude if true.

How so? I’m sure Enzo doesn’t see it that way.

He knows what he wants for himself and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s up to each player how they wish to follow their career. Add to that the talk he was treated badly by a particular clique of players you really cannot blame him for wishing to move on.

Look at how other players particularly Souttar (and Daka until he became involved) have had their careers stalled by not moving. VK just wanted to play and in the position he has grown up playing in.

Given how the left side has been more of a traditional full back (especially with JJ in it) and with the long term injury to Doyle, it may look a bit of a hasty decision but it’s what he wanted to do.

On 05/01/2024 at 18:15, Sly said:

SHOCK AS ITALIAN TEAM TAKES A PLAYER ON LOAN, THEN DOESN’T WANT TO PAY AGREED ASKING PRICE AND OFFERS 47p AND A PACKET OF HARIBOS. 

due to rising costs because of inflation i doubt we would even get the packet of Haribos.