Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Victor Kristiansen

He would have been the perfect Pearson signing but not the perfect Maresca signing. Not every signing is going to work out. Shame really as I think he has a good career ahead of him!

Edited by MPH

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I think we may see him return to LCFC as his loan spell is not going well.

:source:

Made 18 appearances in total, starting over 60% of the time. So definitely a starter for them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

:source:

Made 18 appearances in total, starting over 60% of the time. So definitely a starter for them.

Quotidiano Sportivo have revealed that the £17 million man could be set for a return to the King Power Stadium as Bologna boss Thiago Motta is not looking to activate the player’s £12.9 million option-to-buy clause by the end of the campaign.

3 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

Quotidiano Sportivo have revealed that the £17 million man could be set for a return to the King Power Stadium as Bologna boss Thiago Motta is not looking to activate the player’s £12.9 million option-to-buy clause by the end of the campaign.

Yeh can’t see them activating the option to buy at the end of the season. Bologna’s record transfer is €15m. So at the price Victor would be more or less their record signing. A lot of money for a LB. 

19 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I think we may see him return to LCFC as his loan spell is not going well.

Err what? 

from what i understand he was doing well and they were keen to sign him permanently.. They were not keen to pay the price that was agreed, though... so were looking to negotiate that..

Edited by MPH

4 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

He plays pretty much every single game hes available?

Yes, agree he’s been a mainstay of the team. 

He’s just an average fullback that we overpaid for. We won’t get our money back, so potentially need to cut our losses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Yes, agree he’s been a mainstay of the team. 

He’s just an average fullback that we overpaid for. We won’t get our money back, so potentially need to cut our losses. 

He only just turned 21 last month give him a chance....seen many young players new to foreign leagues struggle in their first year or so and then prove the doubters otherwise 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He only just turned 21 last month give him a chance....seen many young players new to foreign leagues struggle in their first year or so and then prove the doubters otherwise 

I didn’t rate him last season either. 

We just had a horrible transfer window in January 2023. 

He’s steady but I maintain that we overpaid for a player that wasn’t that much better, or if at all better than Luke Thomas. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sly said:

I didn’t rate him last season either. 

We just had a horrible transfer window in January 2023. 

He’s steady but I maintain that we overpaid for a player that wasn’t that much better, or if at all better than Luke Thomas. 

I would say he was better than Luke Thomas, but not by miles and as much as his price suggested at the time. 

My worry is the amount of deadwood we now have. They are on high wages, with too high fees we paid for and we would like it back. I can imagine all the players that we wear on loan will return and then what do we do if we can't get rid? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I rate him. It’s a shame that he obviously doesn’t fancy Enzo’s way. He’s make a decent LCB…… but if the opportunity comes to sell him, sell him!

Do wonder if Enzo could reintegrate him when we are back in the PL.

Watch from after he may be rethinking his decision about not wanting to stay.

41 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Do wonder if Enzo could reintegrate him when we are back in the PL.

Watch from after he may be rethinking his decision about not wanting to stay.

I think that that bridge is burned, VK said in an interview he refused to play the LCB role as he was a full back……..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://sportwitness.co.uk/still-lot-money-club-dithering-buying-leicester-city-player-looking-options/

A couple of weeks ago, the Italian media had been commenting on how unlikely it would be for Bologna to buy Victor Kristiansen from Leicester City at the end of the season.

It was said that with the full-back failing to impress at the Serie A side, they weren’t expected to pay the pre-agreed €14m fee to buy him.

As Gazzetta Dello Sport now brings their own report on this case, they say Kristiansen should indeed return to Leicester City in the summer.

They start by claiming that the player’s form at Bologna has been improving, as he was decisive in the draw against AC Milan at the weekend, but it’s ‘still a lot of money’ to secure his permanent transfer.

That’s why Bologna are already looking for other options on the market, seeing if they find someone cheaper for his role.

This is absolutely no news among Italian clubs, as they often agree purchase options that they’d never trigger. That’s why it’d be no surprise if, in a few months, we see reports about talks with Leicester City to buy Kristiansen for a cheaper fee.

The problem with this, is it’s just naive from the club.

We could have stopped working on a real deal for the lad because Bologna have got him on a nice loan because we think they actually might trigger it. The never had any intention of signing him. The only way they would, is if his value doubled whilst there. 

A waste of everyone’s time 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3