Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Victor Kristiansen

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-fresh-15m-transfer-9011035.amp

Leicester City in fresh €15m transfer claim as club set to seek talks

Victor Kristiansen says he has no future at Leicester City

Bologna are reportedly seeking talks with Leicester City over loanee Victor Kristiansen. The 21-year-old joined the Serie A outfit on a season-long loan last summer, and Bologna have an option which allows them to buy Kristiansen for €15m.

According to Corriere dello Sport (via Tutto Bologna Web) Bologna consider the purchase fee high and may initiate further talks with City. They want to drive the price down.

The Italian outlet claim Kristiansen "has not yet fully convinced with his performances" and therefore Bologna will have to consider whether to take a risk on a permanent deal.

Technical director Giovanni Sartori is reportedly be behind all decisions.

The Dane meanwhile, believes he has "no future" at the King Power Stadium. The left-back struggled to make an impact after joining from FC Copenhagen for £17m last year. "It has been hard," he added.

"I probably experienced the hardest way to go abroad. I joined a dysfunctional team with a coach (Brendan Rodgers) under pressure, who was then fired. I was in a difficult position as a young and newly acquired player, where I suddenly had to help save the club."

• Like 1

As much as I get there is a huge discrepancy between the leagues and cash sloshing around in them, these guys are legend. lol

So we just don't have one but two left-backs that are probably going. I think keeping Kristiansen over Thomas would be the better option as we will need cover when we finally get back to the premier lge unless we are planning on signing Doyle. 

12 minutes ago, Daveb5569 said:

So we just don't have one but two left-backs that are probably going. I think keeping Kristiansen over Thomas would be the better option as we will need cover when we finally get back to the premier lge unless we are planning on signing Doyle. 

Please don’t sign Doyle unless it’s for under 5 mil

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sly said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-fresh-15m-transfer-9011035.amp

Leicester City in fresh €15m transfer claim as club set to seek talks

Victor Kristiansen says he has no future at Leicester City

Bologna are reportedly seeking talks with Leicester City over loanee Victor Kristiansen. The 21-year-old joined the Serie A outfit on a season-long loan last summer, and Bologna have an option which allows them to buy Kristiansen for €15m.

According to Corriere dello Sport (via Tutto Bologna Web) Bologna consider the purchase fee high and may initiate further talks with City. They want to drive the price down.

The Italian outlet claim Kristiansen "has not yet fully convinced with his performances" and therefore Bologna will have to consider whether to take a risk on a permanent deal.

Technical director Giovanni Sartori is reportedly be behind all decisions.

The Dane meanwhile, believes he has "no future" at the King Power Stadium. The left-back struggled to make an impact after joining from FC Copenhagen for £17m last year. "It has been hard," he added.

"I probably experienced the hardest way to go abroad. I joined a dysfunctional team with a coach (Brendan Rodgers) under pressure, who was then fired. I was in a difficult position as a young and newly acquired player, where I suddenly had to help save the club."

"Want to drive the price down", in other words, they are willing to offer a packet of crisps, and a Mars bar. Typical Italian club. Screw them, they've already agreed a price, if they don't like it, Tough, bring him back in the summer and sell him to someone else.

He’s playing pretty regularly for them so I imagine they do want him.  

I’m quite relaxed - in the prem, you need some cover and he can at least offer that.  He’ll also have a season of Seria A under his belt which is good for him and puts him in the shop window for other clubs.

no need to negotiate now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Criggers said:

Along with Luke Thomas I forgot we had this guy. I must have a something against left backs.

It’s because they’re both not up to the standard we require 

12 hours ago, Daveb5569 said:

No point keeping a player that doesn't want to be here. Kristiansen couldn't wait to jump ship in the summer and still doesn't want to return to us judging by his comments. If Bologna won't pay the agreed price, someone else will. He's still only young so we should get back what we paid for him 

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I’d have to find the source but pretty sure this isn’t correct at all. He was one of the first players with public comments after Relegation and immediately said he was well up for the Championship and the fight to get promotion. 

It was only after Maresca arrived and preseason started that he wanted out - and only because Maresca was honest and said ‘I’m not going to play with fullbacks’. Kristiansen was told he was good enough to play LCB but he personally didn’t want to play that position and wanted to keep developing as a LB. Hence the move. 

Yes I was probably a little harsh in my comments. You're right that he didn't want to play Marescas system so wanted to leave. My point to the original poster was that this won't have changed and he won't want to come back, so we need to try and move him on. 

22 hours ago, Daveb5569 said:

The point is that we play a system that doesn’t require a traditional left back. The left-sided defender in our system is better suited to being a mobile central defender than a traditional left-back like Kristiansen or Thomas. 

To be honest, I don’t think there is any reason why the fullback who steps up into CM could not come from the left (with the right sided defender then being a mobile, right footed CB) but it needs a certain type of intelligent and technical player. Ricardo fits it perfectly, Enzo has only trusted Hamza as the alternative in that role (probably because he is traditionally more of a midfielder). 

Will always remember him for his little cameo when geeing the fans up when walking off at halftime at Fulham. Probably is a decent player in there somewhere but probably not for us and you get the feeling he’s keen never to return 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Will always remember him for his little cameo when geeing the fans up when walking off at halftime at Fulham. Probably is a decent player in there somewhere but probably not for us and you get the feeling he’s keen never to return 

Heard that he wasn't keen on integrating with certain management and players in training.

17 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Says a lot about his time here, when this is the main thing his remembered for.

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Heard that he wasn't keen on integrating with certain management and players in training.

He thought Maddison and his clique were tossers. 

Be a decent player for someone - seems to be getting on okay at a team currently chasing a top four spot in Serie A

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1