Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

What is Leicester to you?

Filmed back of Tudor Road?  The other advert I remember well is the Wally ones from Swithland Motors.

As per other entries, New Walk, parks, great curry houses, some "interesting" drinking holes down Humberstone and Belgrave Gate.. 

Also, and I've lived in various cities, Leicester has (or had) a great selection of takeaway options. Better than most.

28 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Vicky Park

New Walk

The Black Boy

The Swan and Rushes

The basement

Grace Road

Filbert Street

Bobby's

Used to live near The Black Boy and unsucessully tried to nab the sign after it closed.

Lost department stores - simpkins & james, Adderleys/marshall & snellgrove, old rackhams

Lost theatres - palace, royal opera house, theatre royal, Gaiety

Brilliant street names: horsefair street, gallowtree gate, the jetty, butt close lane, humberstone gate

brutalist gems - lee circle, st georges tower, attenborough/engineering buildings

• Thanks 1

As a kid the dominos toy shop train, the bowling alley at the back of the shires and Burger King randomly. Oh and obviously Fox Leisure. 

As a teenager getting the train over and going to the record shop on granby street (can remember it's name?!) HMV, The Irish and getting the bus back.

As a young adult, Brighton Beach at the uni, the Charlotte, the shed, sophbeck, mosh, Brunny Gate and Las Vegas Chippy. 

Now it's just for the football. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

As a kid the dominos toy shop train, the bowling alley at the back of the shires and Burger King randomly. Oh and obviously Fox Leisure. 

As a teenager getting the train over and going to the record shop on granby street (can remember it's name?!) HMV, The Irish and getting the bus back.

As a young adult, Brighton Beach at the uni, the Charlotte, the shed, sophbeck, mosh, Brunny Gate and Las Vegas Chippy. 

5HQ?

• Like 1

As someone who no longer lives in Leicester but comes back to visit family and friends it's definitely the piss taking humour I miss. I live in Norfolk now and everybody's too nice to each other lol

As for places Cafe Rialto always sticks in my mind. My nan would take me and my cousins there for breakfast when we were younger and they'd have a Nintendo 64 with Goldeneye for us to play on

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Getting banned for life from Las Vegas. Been banned for life 5 times and counting 

Last time I was there they were forking pre-carved elephant leg from a bucket on the floor onto a griddle. Was grim. 

Still ate it. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

DMU

Pubs

The Fan Club

Gigs at the DMU Arena, Shed Seven, Echobelly.

Being dumped by my girlfriend and never coming back :)

I was probably stood next to you at the bar :beer:

Also saw the likes of Cast, Charlatans, and Inspiral Carpets there. Great times.

10 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Bloody hell how could I have forgotten that toy shop.

Which also reminds me of two other places.  

Cafe Bruxelles, no idea if that spelling is correct and I'm too lazy to check.  

Also Akrams (?) a little middle eastern cafe place under a bookshop I think it was where my parents took me for lunch sometimes. 

Mundella.

Rons Cafe

Humbo Park.

Sparrow Park.

Clock Tower.

Filbo Street.

Ainleys and HMV

Haymarket

Brannigans

Fat Cats

Crystals

Zoots