Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

58 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No, you can’t, but even our goat missed a sitter yesterday even with his outrageously high bar, so would allow Daka this failure (as long as Vardy has the good grace and solidarity to do one as well :D )

Vardy had a defender literally on his heels, Daka pretty much had a free header.

Fair enough Vesty missed two sitters but he is a defender.

12 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Vardy had a defender literally on his heels, Daka pretty much had a free header.

Vardy's was still statistically a better chance to score from

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Vardy's was still statistically a better chance to score from

When you’re coming in, near post from low crosses you angle your foot and direct the ball , just let it hit you if you will, nine times out of ten from that distance it goes in, in this case it flew over, Vardy did everything right.

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Were there no defenders near Daka then? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Were there no defenders near Daka then? 

You can see from the highlights he has a free header, he puts it wide, as he has done on previous matches, you can defend him all you want but after watching him for a couple seasons now, him and Nacho are much of a muchness.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Vardy missed what was effectively an open goal from 3 yards out but yes Raj it was all Daka's fault ...

Like I said Vardy has enough credit in the bank to.miss one now and again.

Let's hope and pray in another 10 years we will be saying that about Daka👍🏾

P.S dont try and call me out alone for hammering Daka when many other have too👍🏾

31 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

You can see from the highlights he has a free header, he puts it wide, as he has done on previous matches, you can defend him all you want but after watching him for a couple seasons now, him and Nacho are much of a muchness.

Not really, and especially of late certainly not. Vardy misses a chance that was arguably easier for a player of his quality, but because he has "credit in the bank" he gets a free pass

Vardy is a far better player than Daka could hope to be, but he still gets a pass despite this. If all you want to do is watch the old guard buy a VHS already, but would like to look forwards as well as back personally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not really, and especially of late certainly not. Vardy misses a chance that was arguably easier for a player of his quality, but because he has "credit in the bank" he gets a free pass

Vardy is a far better player than Daka could hope to be, but he still gets a pass despite this. If all you want to do is watch the old guard buy a VHS already, but would like to look forwards as well as back personally.

Jog on, do not like my opinion ignore me, in my opinion he is not that good a player, you go and buy a VHS to see how it should be done.

• Haha 2

Just now, ithuriel said:

Jog on, do not like my opinion ignore me, in my opinion he is not that good a player, you go and buy a VHS to see how it should be done.

You are also free to ignore me and I have already stated Vardy at his best is better already,  but Daka has done ok recently yet missed a good chance yesterday, something he was not alone in.

We must look to the future and its not Vardy despite how much everyone loves him and pretending that is an option does Leicester and Vardy a huge disservice.,

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We lost. Get over it and stop making a tit out of yourself on every thread possible.

I've had 2 sleeps now and contemplated my posts.

As others have rightly said on another day  these would have gone in and it would have been a decent win again.

At my age i thought i had got over a loss without overthinking too much...my bad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Raj said:

I've had 2 sleeps now and contemplated my posts.

As others have rightly said on another day  these would have gone in and it would have been a decent win again.

At my age i thought i had got over a loss without overthinking too much...my bad

Fair enough mate. It was a frustrating day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Which one?

Tbf it's the Daka thread so I assume Daka's. I mean, he isn't wrong. It was very poor and I don't mean to imply with the above that it wasn't. 

But I do find it boring as all fvck that the man still can't miss a single chance without certain sections of our fanbase still delighting in it and acting like it vindicates their baseless opinions that he's "shit."

Especially in a game when pretty much everyone played absolutely hideously. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf it's the Daka thread so I assume Daka's. I mean, he isn't wrong. It was very poor and I don't mean to imply with the above that it wasn't. 

But I do find it boring as all fvck that the man still can't miss a single chance without certain sections of our fanbase still delighting in it and acting like it vindicates their baseless opinions that he's "shit."

Hahah! good point. I annoyingly recall him scoring a good header at Afcon.

Couldn't agree more about your last 2 comments. Its been a joy to watch him since he came back into contention and his goals / assists stats speak for themselves. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Hahah! good point. I annoyingly recall him scoring a good header at Afcon.

Couldn't agree more about your last 2 comments. Its been a joy to watch him since he came back into contention and his goals / assists stats speak for themselves. 

He's got an alright track record in the air. Scored a couple of half decent headed goals at Salzburg. 

Certainly wouldn't say it's a significant strength of his. 

The header he scored at AFCON was quite Vardy-esque actually. Vards is fairly good at that glancing near post header. 

But you wouldn't describe Vardy as a significant scorer of headed goals and I wouldn't have felt comfortable betting a sizable amount of money on him scoring that Daka chance on Saturday either. That was definitely a moment to have a Ulloa or a Slimani lining it up. 

Edited by Finnegan

18 hours ago, Jimmy said:

yesterday was the first time this season Daka has started where we haven't scored at least 3 goals and if Vardy and Verstergaard take their open goal chances we would have, Daka may or may not be good enough long term but blaming him is pathetic

What?

does Ipswich, Cardiff, and Watford not count then?

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's got an alright track record in the air. Scored a couple of half decent headed goals at Salzburg. 

Certainly wouldn't say it's a significant strength of his. 

The header he scored at AFCON was quite Vardy-esque actually. Vards is fairly good at that glancing near post header. 

But you wouldn't describe Vardy as a significant scorer of headed goals and I wouldn't have felt comfortable betting a sizable amount of money on him scoring that Daka chance on Saturday either. That was definitely a moment to have a Ulloa or a Slimani lining it up. 

It's not like it needed a bruiser to score that chance. He just had to guide a free header from 5 yards out into the gaping free half of the goal.

Easy enough to miss if you mistime it horrifically, but it doesn't really require any sort of skillset to score that chance. I'd back a 12th tier goalkeeper to score that chance more often than it's missed.

He does seem to snatch at the ball at times, I didn't think it was possible to snatch at a header but he's managed it :D

Overall he's definitely a net benefit to the team but his finishing can be highly frustrating and inconsistent.

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

FFS I  said I'm sorry it took me 2 sleepless nights to get over it...what do you want blood!!:D