Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

3 hours ago, Libertine said:

This must be the best spell he’s ever recorded? 🤓

That’s what happens when a coach actually coaches players. 

We’d probably be on more than 75 points if he had played before December. Thinking those three losses could’ve all been draws or wins.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

That’s what happens when a coach actually coaches players. 

We’d probably be on more than 75 points if he had played before December. Thinking those three losses could’ve all been draws or wins.

I was just making another Postman Pat pun my dawg but you make a fair point.

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I still think he's a really poor footballer and get so frustrated watching moves break down as the ball comes to him but can't argue that he is effective, and most crucially, seems to improve us as a team. So, reluctantly, on board team Patson.

Great pass for Praet to win the penalty yesterday.

Actually think Enzo has improved him already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Great pass for Praet to win the penalty yesterday.

Actually think Enzo has improved him already.

Yeah, he's definitely getting better. That turn that Strider posted to get past a marker was a clear sign of increasing dynamism in his game. But he still really struggles with the basics at times and is thus extremely inconsistent 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The biggest element of Daka's game that has been improved this season? LINK-UP PLAY.

Let me present you with some evidence.

Exhibit A:

giphy.gif

^ The ball is loose after a scramble in the middle of the park, Patson works hard, gets there first and then immediately knows who to play it to and with a great weight of pass. Praet checks onto his left foot and it's a penalty for Leicester.

Exhibit B:

giphy.gif

^ Drops deep, uses his pace to spin the marker that is man-marking him, accelerates into the space that's been vacated and then picks out KDH with a great pass. Too bad KDH didn't pass to Fatawu!

Two really good bits of play to go with another goal and another couple with him on the pitch. I rate Maresca for doing with Daka - it clearly wasn't his first choice and he's been won around.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This pleased me as much as Ricardo's goal. The difference in intensity of Daka compared to what wr got with Iheanacho leading the press or closing down is night and day. 

It's given our way of playing a huge boost.

Agreed - for me it’s his biggest asset, the intensity at which he presses his opponent is phenomenal and at this level it really scares them and pressures them into making mistakes. Even without the goals and assists it’s reason to start him over the others imo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

another reason why hes starting for me

This is an excellent example..for showing the doubters on his all round display,but

to add Cannon also for a bigger guy,does this backtracking well..

MightI add also Mcateer & Fatawu.

I believe we have a better alround squad,than many in the two top divisions.

Players who are not out of place,backtracking covering one minute,then being

there,creating….assists,or converting the end chance the next.

Amusingly everyone also capable of dropping a bullock…at anyone moment.

Everygame one or two opposition players will decry not being their normal assertive selves ( even using our right blunder to say they found a way back in)

Its the way we play,our system and movement,that prevents them being assertive.

So I must also give credit to the teams,that prevented us converting or taking our

100%ers…Leeds,M’borough,Hull >.Coventry with our 10 men <

We still have to take care of our business along the 16 game routine,

but I suppose many fans want to see with more interest  

the return games of Soton,Leeds,M’borough,Hull and maybe Sh.Wednesday.

Will we get the double over a still surging Southampton,

are the other 3 just has irritable and difficult to break down,

& have enough on the day to take the full points off us..??

All together one could say they held “THE” whole 12pts difference

to stop us taking top spot.. throw then in a couple of Sh.Wednesdays.

Is our CF position defining….Daka,Cannon,Vardy,Alves,Mcateer..??

Especially if we have…muscle strains,injury loss..

Dare I say we also have Nacho at present the bottom of the closet.

He also has that habit to turn up unexpectantly and close important

games out..

Interesting will be Enzo’s selections through the hardest time of the season.

Hes the type of manager that could see Daka on quick 12 goals,then bring

back anyone of the others…Or rest now and bring him back for EOS run in.

Thats what makes him exciting and often positively canny.

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

another reason why hes starting for me

After last year, where so many disrespected (I’m looking at you Rodgers, Evans, Top, , Fofana) our club, gave the impression that they were doing us a favour (I’m looking at you again, Tielemans), seeing this is just fantastic. 

We needed to regain a lot after last year, get new “hero’s” and this team and manager are slowly doing that. Starting to really enjoy my club again. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Agreed - for me it’s his biggest asset, the intensity at which he presses his opponent is phenomenal and at this level it really scares them and pressures them into making mistakes. Even without the goals and assists it’s reason to start him over the others imo. 

It's what Vardy used to do, but age has caught up with him. When Daka really gets his eye in, hopefully he'll be as good a finisher.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This pleased me as much as Ricardo's goal. The difference in intensity of Daka compared to what wr got with Iheanacho leading the press or closing down is night and day. 

It's given our way of playing a huge boost.

Massively important, even more so next season if we go up! 

Most impressive thing is his attitude, for me. Seems like back in the summer (rightly or wrongly) he didn't want to play at this level and requested a move, and was (correctly) distant from the pre-season and matchday squads. That move didnt materialise and then it took a long while for him to be re-incorporated. As soon as he was called upon he's been great.

With a different head on his shoulders he'd have been in a sulk for not getting his move, annoyed at Maresca and not bothered when played and simply waiting for his next club

• Like 3

I think at times under bredan he didn’t work as hard. Or seem to. Might be the way he was asked to play.

always thought there was more to come, he’s younger than KDH. Which I think things like that get forgotten when a player is signed for a fee. Still younger than vards was when he made is premier league debut.

hope he keeps going and keeps improving.

32 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Most impressive thing is his attitude, for me. Seems like back in the summer (rightly or wrongly) he didn't want to play at this level and requested a move, and was (correctly) distant from the pre-season and matchday squads. That move didnt materialise and then it took a long while for him to be re-incorporated. As soon as he was called upon he's been great.

With a different head on his shoulders he'd have been in a sulk for not getting his move, annoyed at Maresca and not bothered when played and simply waiting for his next club

His attitude is why he's improved as well, he's obviously very willing to listen to Enzo and staff.

• Like 2