Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Very happy with either cannon or daka. We play one, if they aren’t having a good day we bring on the other… then when we are winning comfortably we bring on vardy so we can all reminisce about the good old days and enjoy our final moments with him.

What is not to like 

Vardy ahead of Cannon. Vardy is still one of the best goalscorers in the league this season whereas Cannon has a bit to go. It's just because Vardy has higher expectations that people are thinking Cannon is having a better season than him.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is all true, but Cannon is the future and he needs to get there by playing

Daka's our near future. I would rather focus on staying up next season with our best two options in Daka and Vardy and maybe get Cannon a loan as im not sure he's ready for the PL.

26 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Vardy ahead of Cannon. Vardy is still one of the best goalscorers in the league this season whereas Cannon has a bit to go. It's just because Vardy has higher expectations that people are thinking Cannon is having a better season than him.

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is all true, but Cannon is the future and he needs to get there by playing

exactly this! we need to be working on cannon for the future. If he doesn’t get the minutes this season it will be hard to bed him in, when in the prem 

I’ve never rated him previously when he’s played in the Premier League. His first touch is poor and he’s quite erratic.

Fair play to him though for coming in and putting in the effort he is doing. He could easily have downed tools when he was left out of the early squads completely. He’s proving a lot of doubters wrong. 

He’s made himself first choice and I didn’t see that coming at the start of the season. Nacho is the one who’s proved a huge disappointment. 

Good enough for the PL if we go up? I’m still not sure I’d want to rely on him if I’m honest, but I’m really pleased with his work right now. 

38 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Got goals in him this lad.

I 'm not sure we will see Nacho play for us again, unless Enzo fancies him in one of the midfield roles.

I would be surprised if Nacho even makes the bench for the rest of the season unless we have injuries.

23 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I 'm not sure we will see Nacho play for us again, unless Enzo fancies him in one of the midfield roles.

Barring injuries you might be right.

And without wanting to be too insulting, I'm not convinced he's got a reliably quick enough football brain to play Enzoball, certainly in midfield...

On 03/02/2024 at 18:16, LVFox said:

6 goals and 3 assists in 9 league appearances.

That's incredible form - delighted for the guy, he's never given less than 100% and has really worked on improving his link up play.

Enough said

On 04/02/2024 at 02:29, BertFill said:

Obviously I love the guy, and he can do no wrong, but if Vardy is one of our best two options in the Premier League next season then we'll have problems.

Plus his wages need removing.

23 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

If he didn't punctuate his excellent work ethic and good bits with regular honking stuff. I'd be much more of an Daka advocate. But when he near enough trips over the ball I'm like - WTF Patson, really???

I mean if he gets a goal contribution or two per game but falls over his feet a couple of times I would say that’s worth it lol. Would rather that than a striker who stands up for 90 minutes but has nothing to show for it!

On 03/02/2024 at 18:16, LVFox said:

6 goals and 3 assists in 9 league appearances.

That's incredible form - delighted for the guy, he's never given less than 100% and has really worked on improving his link up play.

@Dan LCFC actually beat me to it, I'm slacking.

But yes it's actually 6.6 lots of 90 which makes it only just shy of 1.0 G/90 which is remarkable. 

As is, as Dan pointed out, the team's goals per 90 when he's on the pitch vs our average when he isn't. 

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@Dan LCFC actually beat me to it, I'm slacking.

But yes it's actually 6.6 lots of 90 which makes it only just shy of 1.0 G/90 which is remarkable. 

As is, as Dan pointed out, the team's goals per 90 when he's on the pitch vs our average when he isn't. 

Levels! I need to look and see what it is with Cannon in the side. I'd guess it's higher than Iheanacho and Vardy's but not really close to Daka's.

If I can be arsed I'll work out the average position of the opposition we've faced - I do feel without looking that it's quite a generous run of fixtures he's had, but even so we've been quite stodgy against some of these teams this season. Only 1 scored at Huddersfield, 2 at Rotherham, 2 at QPR, 1 at Wednesday - all before Daka had played a minute. Now we seem to hit 3 more often than we don't.

He has his flaws, absolutely no doubt but he seems to get held to a ridiculous standard compared to some.