Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

2 hours ago, pkonline said:

We've not seen the best of him and he still has much potential. Off the field he comes across very well - didn't moan/sulk, he's intelligent, has good experience, and seems very likeable.

Nice interview but what struck me most is that looks like the club has had to sell all the furniture 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

His attitude is why he's improved as well, he's obviously very willing to listen to Enzo and staff.

Yeah I've thought this. You can tell from his movement and his instincts on the ball that he's hugely changing up his general play compared to how he was under Rodgers even at his best. 

1 hour ago, VG Fox said:

Least surprising article ever. Exactly what I expected to be like and getting some rewards for his attitude. With Daka and Cannon, I think it highlights that we need to let Vards go this summer and Cannon is now behind Vardy again for some reason. Daka's development has been massively hampered and these guys need extended runs in the team.

It was against Napoli in the EL that gave me confidence that Daka could become a top striker as hoped (still a long way to go in that respect). Rightly, his all-round game has been criticised but that night he showed some glimpses of real tenacity, the ability to play with his back to goal etc. Moscow then show how incredible his finishing can be so it's about stringing that all together and then we've got the player we hoped of when we signed him 

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Daka has been playing well and scoring goals.

This is just one game where he missed a sitter. He moved well though and the rest of the team had an off day.

Vardy also missed an absolute sitter.

It happens.

No need to jump on his back at the first opportunity available.

Believe me, it's not the first opportunity to state his lack of finishing qualities.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Raj said:

Believe me, it's not the first opportunity to state his lack of finishing qualities.

It’s clear what he meant. Some people are very quiet in the all the games when he is scoring, assisting and contributing towards some great wins but are straight on here the days when he doesn’t, despite being far from the only one to miss sitters yesterday. Whether it’s deliberate dislike or unconscious bias, he is definitely a scapegoat and held to a different standard by some…

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Is this the Haaland thread ? 

Haaland?

You mean the natural born goalscorer who's just going through abit of a bad spell after an injury as opposed to Daka who we have had for a good few years and failed to deliver on a regular basis and is our second choice behind a 35 year old?

Yes let’s rely on a 37 year old striker and deride an up and coming striker on our books, we should get Huth out the office and back on the grass whilst we are at it.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Haaland?

You mean the natural born goalscorer who's just going through abit of a bad spell after an injury as opposed to Daka who we have had for a good few years and failed to deliver on a regular basis and is our second choice behind a 35 year old?

His goal contributions / minutes ratio is nowhere near as bad as you make out but your mind is clearly set against him 

It would be nice to see more “supporters” just enjoy the ride this season without so much slagging off our players. Next season will be tough so there’ll be plenty of scope for the doom and gloom merchants to say I told you so then 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

47 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes let’s rely on a 37 year old striker and deride an up and coming striker on our books, we should get Huth out the office and back on the grass whilst we are at it.

That's what its come to though.

Vards has ALOT of credit in the bank to.miss a sitter.

He could miss an open goal from a yard and we will still love him.

The more I see Dakas miss the worse it get.

If your overall happy with his tenure here so far then okay👍🏾

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

That's what its come to though.

Vards has ALOT of credit in the bank to.miss a sitter.

He could miss an open goal from a yard and we will still love him.

The more I see Dakas miss the worse it get.

If your overall happy with his tenure here so far then okay👍🏾

It’s really not about, and if we allow a players full tenure as the period of judgement we can never ever replace him as his tenure is that spectacular, but at some point we are going to have too. (Unfortunately)

So we might as well just suck it up and accept the bumps in the road for potential replacments.

Exit. Just to be clear I was talking about Vardy above as a point of reference, but I am sure you got that

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s really not about, and if we allow a players full tenure as the period of judgement we can never ever replace him as his tenure is that spectacular, but at some point we are going to have too. (Unfortunately)

So we might as well just suck it up and accept the bumps in the road for potential replacments.

Exit. Just to be clear I was talking about Vardy above as a point of reference, but I am sure you got that

Yep your right, Bards has created such a legacy no one can ever replicate that as the bar is set too high.

You cant miss a header from 2 yards out though as an international  striker☹

Just now, Raj said:

Yep your right, Bards has created such a legacy no one can ever replicate that as the bar is set too high.

You cant miss a header from 2 yards out though as an international  striker☹

No, you can’t, but even our goat missed a sitter yesterday even with his outrageously high bar, so would allow Daka this failure (as long as Vardy has the good grace and solidarity to do one as well :D )