Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Daka

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Even in the PL he's more or less a 1 in 3 striker from the minutes he's played.

Our fanbase has been a bit spoilt with Vardy so I think it's totally fried our perception of what strikers are actually like.

A 20 goal a season striker in the premier league is a rare commodity amongst teams in the bottom half , but Daka should be aiming for that target if he’s first choice next season.

• Like 3

He has got goal-scoring instincts, and will score plenty like the one at the weekend when he's just in the right place. Would've had another too after KDH mishit shot because he was running on to it at the back post before the defender intercepted. Touch can be all-over the place but he presses hard, and creates space for others. A full season in and he'd be right up for top goal scorer in the league. 

I don't know how much was him not wanting to be here to begin with, or Enzo just not fancying him, but either way he's never come across as someone who wouldn't give their all on the pitch given a chance. 

• Like 4

Yeah like others have pointed out we just look a better attacking side with him on the pitch and the stats back it up.

Theres an element of chaos with Daka like you never know what sort of first touch you’re going to get but championship defenders will be terrified of him. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

A 20 goal a season striker in the premier league is a rare commodity amongst teams in the bottom half , but Daka should be aiming for that target if he’s first choice next season.

If he starts 35 games, I think he'll score 10-13 which is absolutely fine for where we'll be at 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

If he starts 35 games, I think he'll score 10-13 which is absolutely fine for where we'll be at 

Yeah agree. 20 goals+ is elite level and Daka's not there atm. Also the way we play, with the striker coming deep and CMs running off him (KDH goal against Swansea) and wingers in advance positions, I think our goals will be more evenly distributed. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

If Daka next season is our first choice CF, & he has found a club now

with the system he can play to.I reckon he will reach that 16+ mark.

He won’t be alone to be the main deliverer of goals,all our front 6 like this season

will deliver goals,plus our back 5 adding the odd few.

Then Cannon,Vardy will add a few…might at times take over the front runner role.

Mavididi and Fatawu ( if we close out loan),will be very important chasing down

at least 12-14goals between them

I have no idea which quarter of the PL  we will find ourselves challenging.

I won’t go into team predictions,but our grade of success will depend on scoring

goals through the team,and that bloody obvious of not conceding too many.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stadt said:

Your previous post re being spoilt with Vardy, spot on.

And this also which I can see is in reply to him needing to score 20 next season if we are in the Prem. I agree with you here. The theme of this side under Enzo seems to be goals from across the pitch but particularly wingers and the ‘8s’ when you look at the return KDH and Mavididi have. Add Wilf to that when he’s been fit. 

If we can keep this up next season, there isn’t the pressure on our central striker to bag 20 like there has been in the past when we have been overly reliant on Vardy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AKCJ said:

People don't understand how rare it is to have a striker like that. 

I think (without looking it up) JV ‘only’ got 20+ 3 times and he’s considered a PL all time great…

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I think (without looking it up) JV ‘only’ got 20+ 3 times and he’s considered a PL all time great…

The only non big 6 strikers to get 20+ in the last 10 years are Vardy, Toney, Ings and Lukaku if i remember correctly. Vardy and Lukaku are the only ones to do it more than once.

• Like 2

He scores goals, all types of goals. What I like about him more than anything 90% of his goals appear to be scrappy, when it is in fact his ability to just be in the right place. He gambles when the ball comes in and he’s most aggressive when he is in that position, and often wins those 50/50 balls leading to a scruffy goal. 

I’d like him to watch back Vardy in the PL title winning season, and just note at how aggressive Vardy was when in pursuit of the ball. My favourite Vardy moment ever was when he ran through Kaboul like he wasn’t even there, that’s the kind of aggression I wasn’t Daka to try and adopt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

He scores goals, all types of goals. What I like about him more than anything 90% of his goals appear to be scrappy, when it is in fact his ability to just be in the right place. He gambles when the ball comes in and he’s most aggressive when he is in that position, and often wins those 50/50 balls leading to a scruffy goal. 

I’d like him to watch back Vardy in the PL title winning season, and just note at how aggressive Vardy was when in pursuit of the ball. My favourite Vardy moment ever was when he ran through Kaboul like he wasn’t even there, that’s the kind of aggression I wasn’t Daka to try and adopt.

He's great at bundling the ball in at the back post, curiously Vardy has scored surprisingly few tap ins over the years. 

His ability to get very close to the opposition goals is why he picks up a lot of assists too, for an uncreative player.

I would actually like him to become a little more selfish. At times he's been far too respectful to those around him. Its great he seems a really nice bloke and that everyone loves him, but i would also like players to fear messing up a little bit more. I remember against Leeds last year him laying a pass to Vardy (who scored but was offside) instead of taking the chance himself - i was convinced it was out of respect to Vards. Against Stoke there was a moment in the 2nd half when Mavadidi should have passed to him in front of goal. He just strugged it off nicely rather than made his frustration clear.  He was the main striker against Swansea but didn't take the penalty that he created.  I like to think if we made him the main man, then he might start owning this all a little more.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2024 at 14:59, Happy Fox said:

This is kind of the point about us being spoilt with Vardy. Nothing wrong with aiming for it but how often a team outside of the top sides has a striker hit 20+ is rare. Vardy truly was what we had over everyone else - he was something clubs like Chelsea, West Ham, Everton etc... have spent hundreds of millions trying and failing to get.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is kind of the point about us being spoilt with Vardy. Nothing wrong with aiming for it but how often a team outside of the top sides has a striker hit 20+ is rare. Vardy truly was what we had over everyone else - he was something clubs like Chelsea, West Ham, Everton etc... have spent hundreds of millions trying and failing to get.

And he was a genuine shakily with the number of shots he took and his conversion. The best striker take lots of shots and score slightly more than average - Vardy never shot *that frequently* but he scored so often comparatively 

• Like 1

On 05/02/2024 at 14:59, Happy Fox said:

He can aim for it all he want he won't get it, Jamie vardy the best player in the clubs history and one of the best strikers in premier league history only averaged 14 goals a season in his time in the Premier league scoring 20 or more 3 times out of 9 seasons. For daka or anyone else to get 14/15 goals in the Premier league would be an insane return. 

• Like 1