Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mdb45

Talksport

Hi,

I am a Researcher at the University of Leicester (and LCFC season ticket holder). I am conducting some research on Talksport radio and am looking to speak to Talksport listeners in order to gain an understanding of what makes the station popular and how listeners feel about various presenters and contributors to the station.

If you think you are able to help me out, or if you would like more information on the research project, please contact me via DM or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for reading,

Matt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

H&J are national treasures who should be protected at all costs.

They are the ONLY presenters on there that aren't complete willy pullers just angling for controversial uproar. 

The rest of it is absolute dirt 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I listen to Talksport in the car going to & from work. The morning with McCoist/Brazil/Townsend is entertaining with the emphasis on Nostalgia, the evening with Goldstein/Bent is more thought provoking with more up to date topics discussed.

When the adverts come on, I turn over, briefly, to Radio 5 which informs me how shit the world is.

29 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

Only station I have on.

H AND J I turn off... don't know why... just doesn't appeal to me. 

Same. They are the worst on the station. So mundane.

38 minutes ago, boots60 said:

I listen to Talksport in the car going to & from work. The morning with McCoist/Brazil/Townsend is entertaining with the emphasis on Nostalgia, the evening with Goldstein/Bent is more thought provoking with more up to date topics discussed.

When the adverts come on, I turn over, briefly, to Radio 5 which informs me how shit the world is.

Aaaalll the people!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

They are the ONLY presenters on there that aren't complete willy pullers just angling for controversial uproar. 

The rest of it is absolute dirt 

Mergh. Max Rushden is good value when Charlie Baker is with him (Baker also does a good job filling in for Jacobs 9/10 shows it seems). The breakfast show was great at the start of the first lockdown during COVID. Laura Woods, Ally McCoist and Freddie Flintoff 90% of the time just basically having a laugh. And the Brazil / Parlour dynamic has always been great.

Any call-ins they have on there inevitably turn brains to mush though. Used to avoid anything fronted by Durham / Goldstein as much as possible, and I felt thicker if I ever caught even a second of O'Hara or Agbonlahor.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 1