Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't think anyone outside of the big 6 are paying 40m.

Squeeze is on from an FFP point of view.

Squeeze is absolutely huge currently.

Talk of clubs delaying contract renewals etc. 

• Like 1

This is really peeing me off now. :@
Just listened to the latest pod BBC radio when your smiling (one of the best ones so far). headline topic ‘KDH to Brighton?’.

i actually tried to listen to the reasons for it from all sides by taking the emotion out but i still came back to point that he should not be sold period. Knowing KDH as a fan and everything we know about him from interviews he comes over as a genuine loyal fan at heart and I believe him. He personifies something in all of us about being a fan for life and dreaming of one day playing for your boyhood club and becoming someone special. He can’t want to leave us not now where we are in the championship with a job to do still. He’s one of the few that did take relegation to heart and felt a personal responsibility to right the wrongs this season. 

That is why I don’t like the club being silent on this and just coming out and saying KDH is not for sale period. They can talk behind the scenes about summer time that’s another conversation. We can get a lot more money, find a decent replacement and the player has more options than just flippin brighton. If Rudkin is trying to get Brighton to pony up a few more million above what they offered for I will be livid! We sell him for peanuts and our midfield falls apart along with our season I’m sure I won’t be the only one seeing the red mist outside KP wanting heads to roll. 

KDH needs to stay/ ward and crap like him need to go/ Sensi in and we get promotion and finish this season off in style. Is that too much to ask for ffs?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Just listened to the latest pod BBC radio when your smiling (one of the best ones so far). headline topic ‘KDH to Brighton?’.

i actually tried to listen to the reasons for it from all sides by taking the emotion out but i still came back to point that he should not be sold period. Knowing KDH as a fan and everything we know about him from interviews he comes over as a genuine loyal fan at heart and I believe him. He personifies something in all of us about being a fan for life and dreaming of one day playing for your boyhood club and becoming someone special. He can’t want to leave us not now where we are in the championship with a job to do still. He’s one of the few that did take relegation to heart and felt a personal responsibility to right the wrongs this season. 

That is why I don’t like the club being silent on this and just coming out and saying KDH is not for sale period. They can talk behind the scenes about summer time that’s another conversation. We can get a lot more money, find a decent replacement and the player has more options than just flippin brighton. If Rudkin is trying to get Brighton to pony up a few more million above what they offered for I will be livid! We sell him for peanuts and our midfield falls apart along with our season I’m sure I won’t be the only one seeing the red mist outside KP wanting heads to roll. 

KDH needs to stay/ ward and crap like him need to go/ Sensi in and we get promotion and finish this season off in style. Is that too much to ask for ffs?

He probably does. They just obviously want to make content and say hypothetically if it did happen, which it won't. 

8 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Haven’t listened to it yet but I see David Ornstein was a guest. Was he standing by his claim that we’d flog KDH for £30m? 

15 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Doesn't sound like he has a source at the club, looks like he's getting all his info from Brighton/the broader industry. He repeated Brighton are working hard to sign him. 

Kept emphasising the PSR issue (suggests that the footballing community think we've got a significant problem there) and thinks £30m is not a 'wildly offensive offer' but has also heard we want £40m. He added there is a big gap in valuation. 

Sounded like he was a bit stung from fan reaction to his reporting of the story, came across as quite defensive which then made him sound patronising. 

He still thinks the deal is possible and 'in the balance' but no agreement yet and time is fast running out. 

In other words, he knows it’s not happening and it’s got his back up. 

10 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

In other words, he knows it’s not happening and it’s got his back up. 

It's clear he's getting all his info from Brighton, while Dorsett is getting his from us. So you get one saying a deal is closer than the other.

43 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Doesn't sound like he has a source at the club, looks like he's getting all his info from Brighton/the broader industry. He repeated Brighton are working hard to sign him. 

Kept emphasising the PSR issue (suggests that the footballing community think we've got a significant problem there) and thinks £30m is not a 'wildly offensive offer' but has also heard we want £40m. He added there is a big gap in valuation. 

Sounded like he was a bit stung from fan reaction to his reporting of the story, came across as quite defensive which then made him sound patronising. 

He still thinks the deal is possible and 'in the balance' but no agreement yet and time is fast running out. 

Thanks. That’s more or less what I expected…

• Like 2

This move, if sanctioned by Turdkin, would probably derail all of Enzo’ work in a blink of an eye.  The only sweetener to this deal would be the back lash.  To allow what happened last season and then to ruin the recent recovery steps, would be unforgivable.  The Foxes Trust would come down on Rudkin like a ton of feathers.

Sighting any form of Financial Sustainability mis-management as the reason for any sale,  lies firmly at the door of Rudkin’s office. He would simply have to go immediately. 

49 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This move, if sanctioned by Turdkin, would probably derail all of Enzo’ work in a blink of an eye.  The only sweetener to this deal would be the back lash.  To allow what happened last season and then to ruin the recent recovery steps, would be unforgivable.  The Foxes Trust would come down on Rudkin like a ton of feathers.

Sighting any form of Financial Sustainability mis-management as the reason for any sale,  lies firmly at the door of Rudkin’s office. He would simply have to go immediately. 

He has evaded arrest before. I don’t believe this is going ahead anyway. 

Edited by Supergray22

It was all getting a bit depressing the talk of why a deal might be done so I was relieved to a fans perspective from guest Owen Warner who didn’t hold back. He expressed it like how I was feeling about it. “What are the club doing even entertaining the thought of selling KDH?” It’s the wrong time and wrong player. Instead of laboring over when the hell sensi is joining we suddenly get this gossip of KDH leaving. 

can’t wait for this week to be over with.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

A tonne of feathers is the same weight as a tonne of anything else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

A tonne of feathers is the same weight as a tonne of anything else.

True, but if you drop a tonne of feathers on someone from 100ft, I would bet its easier to deal with than a tonne of steel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

True, but if you drop a tonne of feathers on someone from 100ft, I would bet its easier to deal with than a tonne of steel.

I would settle for Rudkin being fired immediately rather than being crushed.  Then appoint Ric as DoF.  

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

From SSN’s Paper Talk 

Daily Mail 

Leicester City's Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall wants to stay at the club despite an approach from Brighton.

Always loved the Daily Mail  :wub::ph34r:

• Haha 1

This is not Ornstein making stuff up for clicks and likes, there is concrete interest, De Zerbi was interviewed on Sky Sports yesterday and was asked directly about KDH, he didn’t dismiss the rumours and actually made a point of not wanting to talk about KDH out of respect for his friendship with Enzo. 

If we receive an offer somewhere in the region of £35m I think we will do a deal, especially if we have options lined up and i still think Ndidi will be back sooner rather than later. Selling now and maximising the fee would give us lots of scope for the summer where we will need and want to give Enzo lots of support, resources and opportunity to further shape the squad as he needs it. 

This is definitely not just journalists playing random transfer generator, I would not be shocked if KDH misses tonight’s game with a knock and a deal is agreed tomorrow or Thursday and we already have a loan lined up to replace him. 

14 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This is not Ornstein making stuff up for clicks and likes, there is concrete interest, De Zerbi was interviewed on Sky Sports yesterday and was asked directly about KDH, he didn’t dismiss the rumours and actually made a point of not wanting to talk about KDH out of respect for his friendship with Enzo. 

If we receive an offer somewhere in the region of £35m I think we will do a deal, especially if we have options lined up and i still think Ndidi will be back sooner rather than later. Selling now and maximising the fee would give us lots of scope for the summer where we will need and want to give Enzo lots of support, resources and opportunity to further shape the squad as he needs it. 

This is definitely not just journalists playing random transfer generator, I would not be shocked if KDH misses tonight’s game with a knock and a deal is agreed tomorrow or Thursday and we already have a loan lined up to replace him. 

35m in the Bank now and risking a Rodgers style choke resulting in us missing out on Automatic promotion, sounds sensible to me.  Get it done Rudders and then FO.    Forget future scope, get promoted first.