Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

Depends how desperate we are when it comes to P&S rules.

In an ideal World, Souttar, Praet & Iheanacho are the trio that we should be looking to flog.

I doubt we’d be willing to take a hit on Souttar though, it’s unlikely that a club will come in with a £15-20 million bid for him, therefore the only option is to loan him out. 

I doubt any club will want to take Praet off our hands for 10 million plus.

Iheanacho is about the only one who we may get decent money for, despite him being out of contract in the summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Depends how desperate we are when it comes to P&S rules.

In an ideal World, Souttar, Praet & Iheanacho are the trio that we should be looking to flog.

I doubt we’d be willing to take a hit on Souttar though, it’s unlikely that a club will come in with a £15-20 million bid for him, therefore the only option is to loan him out. 

I doubt any club will want to take Praet off our hands for 10 million plus.

Iheanacho is about the only one who we may get decent money for, despite him being out of contract in the summer.

Praet and Nacho are worth close to nothing, with both being out of contract in 5 months. 

Souttar needs to be sold for around that fee just to break even. 

10 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Just scratching my head to think of some...

James Maddison and Harvey Barnes maybe? 

Sorry, more specific January.

I'd aregue we were a relegated prem team at that point, we are mid way through a championship season now, I can't see us getting more than £30m  

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I'd aregue we were a relegated prem team at that point, we are mid way through a championship season now, I can't see us getting more than £30m  

Which would not be enough, hence why this is so unlikely to happen.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Who was the last player to be sold from the championship for £40m +, or £30m for that matter.

D999048A-5804-458C-8F50-70045ED39B1C.pngJoao Pedro, Ollie Watkins and Jude Bellingham are the only 3 on the list who werent signed in the summer from a relegated Prem club

Edited by South Shire Fox

Dewsbury-Hall interestpublished at 13:11

13:11

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpgSimon Stone
BBC Sport

It's transfer deadline day week and we are still waiting for the kind of deal that might trigger a few more.

The Premier League's Profit and Sustainability rules - and the charges that have followed for Nottingham Forest and Everton - seem to have focussed minds amongst club executives, which explains the relative lack of business.

One to keep an eye on is Leicester's Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

It is a quirk of the P&S rules that selling your own players, who cost nothing, is a better way of creating space in your accounts to buy players.

Selling Dewsbury-Hall would help Leicester fund Enzo Maresca's demand to strengthen his squad for the second half of the season given one of the reasons the Foxes ended up in trouble last term was because they were too close to breaching P&S for comfort.

Brighton are interested in Dewsbury-Hall but Leicester are yet to fully commit to selling the 25-year-old.

47 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

January transfer window will likely lead to a higher fee, premiums are usually always payed as team get desperate, summer window has always been different . We should not be entertaining the idea of selling our best player in this window, if we want to be playing premier league football next year. Likewise if we sell arguably the best player in the league we would no way be getting value for money in finding a replacement, it can’t be done with 3 days left of the window, the reason why it take a stupid amount he isn’t worth to buy him. Maguire was never worth £80m, the club can do it, the club just have to stick to their guns and realise promotion and keeping your best interest player will be worth a lot more than what Brighton will be willing to pay. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/newsletters/football/341336/transfer-confidential-liverpool-latest-as-summer-of-change-closes-in?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MN-MP-FootballNewsletter-240129_Football_NEWSLETTER&signin=none

Local lad Dewsbury-Hall set to stay

LEICESTER'S Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall wants to stay at the club. BRIGHTON made an approach for the 25-year-old last week but Leicester were adamant that they value their homegrown midfielder at over £40million plus add-ons.

That pricing checked the progress of talks but more importantly for Leicester, Dewsbury-Hall (below) wants to remain with the club he started at as an eight-year-old when he joined their academy from local side Shepshed Dynamo Warriors. Arsenal, Fulham and Brentford are also among his admirers.

Leicester expect to sign Stefano Sensi from Inter Milan in the next 24 hours. The deal will cost an initial loan fee of £430,000 with a further £1.7million due should Leicester get promoted.

Leicester still need to sell to move in the market and face a summer overhaul of their squad with eight out of contract but their message over Dewsbury-Hall is that they will not be forced into selling their valued players cheaply.

Maybe we’ll get a proper song for him now 

He won’t be leaving who would we get in a short notice. It’s might look good at Brighton at the minute but I bet he’d be on similar money here and they could end up loosing there gaffer to Liverpool next season. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He won’t be leaving who would we get in a short notice. It’s might look good at Brighton at the minute but I bet he’d be on similar money here and they could end up loosing there gaffer to Liverpool next season. 

or Barca, and i suspect De Zebri might not be there come the start of next season, 

dont get me wrong i think we need to ship some out if we can, think it would be best for Praet to go, hopefully he manages to go to Antwerp before the end of this window

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stu said:

'no disrespect to Brighton or Brentford' about sums it up. KDH will have more ambition than to go to either of those as he's already at a much higher status club that will most likely be back in the PL in 12-16 weeks time. 

• Like 1

Could well see this happening in June even if we go up.

Brighton signed joao Pedro in similar circumstances. And Brentford tried to do the same with Brennan Johnson.

If he has a good second half of the season it might be to someone bigger as they'll need homegrown players for Europe.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Could well see this happening in June even if we go up.

Brighton signed joao Pedro in similar circumstances. And Brentford tried to do the same with Brennan Johnson.

If he has a good second half of the season it might be to someone bigger as they'll need homegrown players for Europe.

They’ll have to pay a lot more in the summer if we go up.