Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

If the talk about us needing to sell before the end of June is true then I guess it doesn’t do any harm for us to be seen to negotiating in the championship in Jan and knocking back a sizeable bid or two. Sets a floor ahead of any low ball june offers 

And also shows the player and his agent that we hadn’t refused to engage in any discussions on a sale now.  

I do think that there is a fee that would convince us to sell this week if it’s agreed tomorrow. we can get a loan in on Wednesday. I’m sure we have identified options in case a club are mad enough to come in with £30/35m

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If the talk about us needing to sell before the end of June is true then I guess it doesn’t do any harm for us to be seen to negotiating in the championship in Jan and knocking back a sizeable bid or two. Sets a floor ahead of any low ball june offers 

And also shows the player and his agent that we hadn’t refused to engage in any discussions on a sale now.  

I do think that there is a fee that would convince us to sell this week if it’s agreed tomorrow. we can get a loan in on Wednesday. I’m sure we have identified options in case a club are mad enough to come in with £30/35m

Which is more along my line of thinking - given some of the relationships of people involved 

Latest from Ornstein - the final line is the key one. Difficult to see us wanting to sell, definitely Brighton/agent fanning the flames on this one: 

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall: Leicester to Brighton

Brighton & Hove Albion have been in talks with Leicester City to sign Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and while there is a gap between valuations, the top-flight side are working hard to get it done.

Leicester are top of the league, pushing for promotion and know losing one of their best players now carries risk, but their PSR position dictates that a deal could happen. Brentford, Arsenal and Fulham are fond of Dewsbury-Hall, too, but Brighton are in the driving seat if Leicester sell.

11 hours ago, Foxysausages said:

Clubs make inquiries all the time. There's nothing new in that.
Brighton low-balled us thinking that we needed the cash, but we don't.
Even if he is a sellable asset, which he isn't. 1. Brighton don't spend £40 million on anybody. 2. KDH is on a long-term contract to the club  3. KDH doesn't fit their player model, typically going on 19-23 year olds. 

least im not the only one thinking that, dont get me wrong they do layout alot on some players but they have alot more potential for a higher resale,

dont get me wrong they sign people over 25, but they are very smart and frugal about it, and this one just doesnt fit for me,

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Latest from Ornstein - the final line is the key one. Difficult to see us wanting to sell, definitely Brighton/agent fanning the flames on this one: 

Brighton & Hove Albion have been in talks with Leicester City to sign Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and while there is a gap between valuations, the top-flight side are working hard to get it done.

Leicester are top of the league, pushing for promotion and know losing one of their best players now carries risk, but their PSR position dictates that a deal could happen. Brentford, Arsenal and Fulham are fond of Dewsbury-Hall, too, but Brighton are in the driving seat if Leicester sell.

thats a very vague update tbf, but would Brighton pay another £20mil to go to £40mil(what we want) I highly doubt it, would be a massive shock if they did

other journos saying we dont need to sell either, 

its all alot of IFS BUTS and COULDS

I COULD become a millionaire, IF I won the Lottery, my word

• Like 2

Is this being leaked by the club or KDH’s agent in an attempt to create a bidding war, it’s not really in Brighton’s interest to publicise their interest as likely to alert other clubs, would suggest whilst club don’t want to sell, he does have a price and the club would be prepared to do business if the right offer comes in. I do think this has been planted by us to smoke out other clubs with a view to a late deal. As @st albans fox says highly likely we have 1 or 2 loans lined up in the event a deal is done late on. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Is this being leaked by the club or KDH’s agent in an attempt to create a bidding war, it’s not really in Brighton’s interest to publicise their interest as likely to alert other clubs, would suggest whilst club don’t want to sell, he does have a price and the club would be prepared to do business if the right offer comes in. I do think this has been planted by us to smoke out other clubs with a view to a late deal. As @st albans fox says highly likely we have 1 or 2 loans lined up in the event a deal is done late on. 

thats the thing we Brighton transfers the last few years, theyve always been so far down the road before theyve become public knowledge, like the Barco transfer, most thought he was going Man City, then its announced brighton hes going brighton

Brighton dont seem like the team who want a bidding war, they like to get it all done and dusted, not pay over the odds

Edited by FrankieADZ

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats a very vague update tbf, but would Brighton pay another £20mil to go to £40mil(what we want) I highly doubt it, would be a massive shock if they did

Looks like he is now trying to protect his reputation by now saying 'if' we want to sell.   Good chance of Enzo stating there is s muscle problem tomorrow night.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Looks like he is now trying to protect his reputation by now saying 'if' we want to sell.   Good chance of Enzo stating there is s muscle problem tomorrow night.

thats the thing, if you look at Brighton transfers of late, its rare to see stuff like this being said about it, even the Joao Pedro one, that didnt take them long to do or massively in the public eye either until it was about done(bare in mind hes like 22 and more of a resale value compared to KDH)

personally believe if anything happens in regards KDH, its more likely to be in the summer still, because i just cant see anyone wanting to pay the near £40mil we want(other journos saying we want nearer a Harvey Barnes fee)

do think KDH will be playing tomorrow night too

11 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

What happens if Brighton offer £40m?

Sadly accept it and go all in on them under priced scandi players like Gronbaek and nanasi and pray it gets us over the line!

Edited by les-tah

56 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Typically journo post that covers every eventually. So he can say "I told you so" to basically whatever happens. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

When you work for an online media company, clicks are everything. You need to drive traffic to the website irrespective of how strong your story is. So it's obviously in the interests of journalists to exaggerate the likelihood of a transfer happening because if they tweeted, for example, "Brighton are interested in Dewsbury Hall but it's highly unlikely to happen", hardly anybody would bother to click. Rob Tanner was up to it also yesterday - tweeting that KDH's future at Leicester was 'uncertain', then linking to a story which basically admitted that nothing had changed and Leicester aren't inclined to sell. He was just trying to generate more clicks, which is fine - he was just doing his job. But it does create a distorted picture of what's actually going on.

With this story in particular, I've no doubt Brighton are interested and that Ornstein spoke to somebody there. But I suspect he deliberately used the word 'negotiations' when in reality he knew it was just a tentative offer followed by swift rejection. He needs to imply that the move is very possible otherwise he doesn't have much of a story, which is not good for an online journalist who is paid to break stories. Personally I can't see this happening unless Brighton offer silly money that is enough for us to make 2-3 signings that clearly improve the team overall, and I'd say the chances of that happening in the next three days are very slim. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Typically journo post that covers every eventually. So he can say "I told you so" to basically whatever happens. 

And then when an event happens they'll requote their tweet/article saying "we called this XYZ ago" 

• Like 2

The only thing about this that's out of the blue is it happening in the Jan window, rather than summer. 

Leicester has always relied on player trading to fund a majority of their signings, under this ownership. This is even more pertinent and necessary with the PL's Profit and Sustainability Rules. 

And even with the income from promotion, we don't have a Fofana, Barnes or Maddison to cash in on this summer. 

KDH is our most 'sellable' asset this summer, and crucially the entire fee would be in the profit column, as he's an academy product. 

Unless it gets silly - i.e £45m+ I don't see why we'd sell now when it could jeopardise our promotion, when we can probably sell in the summer for the £30-40m being quoted now

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Dorsett once again saying we absolutely don’t want to sell and would take 40+. There’s no way surely anyone pays that this late in the window. 

There's also no chance KDH is worth £40m to any other football club other than Leicester. It's clear that he's integral to the very specific way that we play. 

He's a player with a lot of potential but he's in the peak of his career, he's running out of time to be a CM choice for a top 7 club like Brighton. It's a gamble buying him for that much because at PL level he's by no means the finished article and surely won't be sold again for profit if they pay £40m.

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

There's also no chance KDH is worth £40m to any other football club other than Leicester. It's clear that he's integral to the very specific way that we play. 

He's a player with a lot of potential but he's in the peak of his career, he's running out of time to be a CM choice for a top 7 club like Brighton. It's a gamble buying him for that much because at PL level he's by no means the finished article and surely won't be sold again for profit if they pay £40m.

I’m not sure KDH would be that arsed about going to Brighton. Yes they are in Europe and play great football but surely if he rips it up next year in the prem (if we get there) he gets a top 6 move anyway. It would be a dull move for him with respect to Brighton. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

This is just a private school Fabrizio Romano post, says absolutely nothing and intentionally or not is a bit of a backed backpedal from his breaking of the story on Friday.