Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
two8two

Soumare

1 hour ago, two8two said:

Soumare played 90 for Seville v Real last night. Enzo will have watched, does he got his chance if/when we are in the Prem?

To be fair, it would save us some money.. it’s wether he’ll play the tune Enzo wants him to play or not…

But honestly, someone pays us the money we are asking and we will likely snap their hand off. It’s easier to get rid of a headache  than to try and  start from scratch..

• Like 2

Well I hear the Filbert guy is retiring but then again that role involves doing several laps of the whole pitch every match day so it may be beyond him.

His idea of effort doesn't match the clubs, the minute you hand him a shirt you lower your standards and your expectations, I'm sure this system is better suited to him than last seasons but he didn't care enough to break a sweat for the cause, he lets people down.

If he wants to be here in the prem I'd not be saying no to it, I think his skillset works well for the number 8 role but it all depends whether he's a confidence player who was just completely mentally broken by Rodgers, or whether he's just got a shit attitude. In reality, it'll be a Praet or Slimani situation, just a series of loans until his contract expires 

IF there is anyone who can get the best out of him, it will be Maresca... But is Soumare up for it? thats the big question?

And i know the easier option is to accept a lower offer from Sevilla but it isn't just about about FFP..  Can we get someone of adequate skill and ability  to play that role in the prem for the money we get from him?

His pressures per 90 were never great at Lille, iirc something in the 20th-30th percentile even when they won the league. He's just never going to put himself about enough and he doesn;t sense danger well enough to compensate. Both glaring issues with the way we defend, he' just not reliable enough to screen the defence.

Not as though his ability on the ball is worth the defensive drawbacks either, he can carry it well and sometimes picks out decent passes but his 1 career goal and 5 assists say it all. He's about as threatening as Hermansen.

• Like 2

As others have said, I think he'd be better as an 8 rather than sitting in front of the defence. He's got a decent pass when he can be arsed, but he just can't track a runner, tackle or help out the defence. 

If he had Winks and KDH behind him to help out when an oppo player jogs past him and to feed him balls to play into the attacking players, he might do well. 

Or, he could be just as bad as an 8 as he was a 6. 

I haven't seen enough of him to think he's got what we need and I think we are the last place on earth he wants to come back to. 

58 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

If he wants to be here in the prem I'd not be saying no to it, I think his skillset works well for the number 8 role but it all depends whether he's a confidence player who was just completely mentally broken by Rodgers, or whether he's just got a shit attitude. In reality, it'll be a Praet or Slimani situation, just a series of loans until his contract expires 

I must admit I find it difficult to relate to players who are seemingly* happy to coast along on a big contract. Since the games are being watched, they'd only need to play out of their skins for a few months in order to get a big money move to Chelsea or Man U etc. 

* Of course I'm probably being unfair to them, and they really haven't the skills or attributes to succeed at the top. In either case it shows we misjudged matters in making the signing.

58 minutes ago, Viva said:

I'd take a loss on him with FFP and make the money up elsewhere to get him off the books. Otherwise it will be loan after loan until his contract runs out. 

There's nothing wrong with loaning him out every year if the fees cover his amortisation (approx 3.5m a year I think?) and his wages are paid. Perfectly legitimate way of making money and can turn him in to a net win. 

That said, it'll be much easier to sell him this coming summer. He'll have been here 3 of the 5 years of his contract if I'm not forgetting something so his book value will only be around 7m.

I'll be surprised if we can't get ~10m for him to make it a slight gain. So if we broke even on him this year (actually doubtful if I'm honest but not impossible) his general impact on FFP wouldn't be too horrific.