Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
two8two

Soumare

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

And you've seen Vesty in the prem under E.nzo's management.

Ffs why won't fans give players a chance.

People on here thought Ndidi was done and could not play no 8.

All players should get a reset under a new manager imo. Especially after a manager like bodgers. Him and his attitude ruined so many players. Those left deserve a reset from us fan's.

Judging anyone on form under him is just wrong.

Fyi I am not or wasn't an ndidi rubbished.

I think we saw vwsty against bournmouth last week 

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

we’re hardly going to get 40m for madison and 30 odd for barnes then demand 45 for kdh. 

Weve shot ourselves in the foot by letting them out the door on the cheap. 

cuts even deeper when you see the prices southampton got for livramento and lavia 

The club aren't in a position to demand anything, that's the point and other clubs know it. The best they can hope for is that more than one club are interested and that it bumps the price up. In any case, a really top wealthy club won't be coming in for him because tbh, he's not good enough. 

10 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Fyi I am not or wasn't an ndidi rubbished.

I think we saw vwsty against bournmouth last week 

Never said you was Ndidi was rubbish. I said some well lots on here did.

I've said stuff about players in the past. But under Rodgers and since I've cut them slack. Players don't become crappie overnight but Rodgers seemed to make that happen.

Players out of position and playing a system that didn't suite them. All by an inept manager.

The power of a player not playing week in/week out for us strikes again.

Whilst he was a better version under Smith than he was Rodgers…it’s worth noting the bar was so low it wasn’t the biggest ask.

He’s a CM who lacks any positional awareness and the videos (on social media for his fans) where he lets multiple players ghost past him without breaking out of a jog are unacceptable for a CM at Sunday league level let alone what we aspire for.

If loaning him out again to reduce our wage bill/not make a loss then so be it.

If Soumare came back he'd just struggle again. It's all about the League's that he's playing in. In the Prem and championship your first touch is everything under pressure,  you have no time to settle on the ball. Ofcourse he can stroll around in European leagues and look good where they give you time on the ball, but like Gokhan Inler he got found out. Daka has the same problem, looks even worse in the champs than he did in the Prem.

• Like 1

I'm in the minority here, but I did like Soumare (he did have some poor games, which young players do when adjusting to a new country!). It was always going to be difficult playing next to half arsed Tielemans going through the motions. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Pace isn't a trait which develops overnight. 

I mean there's plenty of defenders who have zero pace and still made good careers out of it because they developed good positional sense and didn't need to win foot races. Not saying that will happen with Jannick, at 31 that should have already happened, but saying that pace isn't a trait that develops overnight is a redundant point

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Theres only one player id have in this team out on loan at the moment and it certainly isnt Soumare, its VK. 

VK is playing great at Bologna....Enzo would have had him on the bench here like the does with Coady and Soutter as VK said he doesn't want to play the role Enzo had for him.

Obviously the Italians aren't going to pay anything as near as much we paid for him if the want to buy him this summer 

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I mean there's plenty of defenders who have zero pace and still made good careers out of it because they developed good positional sense and didn't need to win foot races. Not saying that will happen with Jannick, at 31 that should have already happened, but saying that pace isn't a trait that develops overnight is a redundant point

Requires manager to play a deep block system 

6 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Theres only one player id have in this team out on loan at the moment and it certainly isnt Soumare, its VK

Why, so KDH and his mates can have another sulk at a kid calling them out?

• Thanks 1

Our game consists around passing the ball a lot. Something Soumare struggles with. 

Also he just isn't physical enough or agile enough for English football. Just doesn't suit him and I'd rather we sell, cut our losses and reinvest in someone better. 

• Like 2

On 29/03/2024 at 07:50, scinnell said:

I'm in the minority here, but I did like Soumare (he did have some poor games, which young players do when adjusting to a new country!). It was always going to be difficult playing next to half arsed Tielemans going through the motions. 

I’d read safewayfox reply for a proper answer..

a so called half arsed Youri was 10x the player that Soumare was 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rigga said:

I’d read safewayfox reply for a proper answer..

a so called half arsed Youri was 10x the player that Soumare was 

Tielemans going through the motions was 10x the player of Soumare is very high praise for an uncommitted player! 😂

Edited by scinnell

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Our game consists around passing the ball a lot. Something Soumare struggles with. 

Also he just isn't physical enough or agile enough for English football. Just doesn't suit him and I'd rather we sell, cut our losses and reinvest in someone better. 

If we cut our losses then they are still losses and we won’t have anything to invest 

I actually think he is physical (string) enough - he just seems a bit slow both physically and mentally. With enzo that second one is a big problem. 

But I think he goes this summer whatever our situation and we just suck up the hit (which is £10m left on his value and wages of £8m less whatever he can earn elsewhere next two years).

we may get £7.5m from somewhere which means we lose about £6m on the books for 24/25.   That indicates a sale approx £13.5 is required to break even 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we cut our losses then they are still losses and we won’t have anything to invest 

I actually think he is physical (string) enough - he just seems a bit slow both physically and mentally. With enzo that second one is a big problem. 

But I think he goes this summer whatever our situation and we just suck up the hit (which is £10m left on his value and wages of £8m less whatever he can earn elsewhere next two years).

we may get £7.5m from somewhere which means we lose about £6m on the books for 24/25.   That indicates a sale approx £13.5 is required to break even 

Do we not just loan him out again and hope someone pays a loan fee/contributes towards his wages?

Add Bouba to the list of expensive/overpaid (aka unsellable) flops for me.

7 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Do we not just loan him out again and hope someone pays a loan fee/contributes towards his wages?

Add Bouba to the list of expensive/overpaid (aka unsellable) flops for me.

If we can get a loan fee of a £1.5m and half his wages covered then we’re better off doing that 

but then next summer we’re struggling to get anyone to pay more than £4m 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, scinnell said:

Tielemans going through the motions was 10x the player of Soumare is very high praise for an uncommitted player! 😂

Well that just tells you how bad Soumare is then… Soumare first 2 years are not a patch on YT first 2 years…

youri had a drop in form when everyone else  did which resulted in our relegation..

His style of running would give  the impression to some that he wasn’t trying… reality was that it was the same from day one to the end of his lcfc days..

his strengths were on the ball and helping making us tick..

id question maddison more during the last 2/3 months where he blatantly downed tools and was an embarrassment in the last few games he played for us..