Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
two8two

Soumare

If memory serves, he had a run in the team that coincided with the pre-xmas 'good run'

Also, I'm not sure he was ever really played in the right position for us.

I can see him being a better #8 than the deep holding mid/box to box mid rodgers tried him as.

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Sly said:

In a weird post on Instagram, Mavididi has asked Soumare to come back :D

Soumare is even smiling in the photo! 

IMG_1175.jpeg

Christ alive 

All depends what we can do in the market. I’m accepting the fact either way KDH is going, because we know he will sell, and possibly Winks too. I don’t mind selling, provided we reinvest properly. 

We aren’t going to raise funds from selling players like Soumare, Praet and co….. because they pretty much worthless. 

Just now, Jimmy said:

If Enzo wants to give him a chance next season great

Doesn’t deserve it imo. He could have stayed and learnt the enzo way this season.

I don’t particularly want to keep any of the players who weren’t willing to give it a try this season.  We may be forced to keep him but it’s certainly not something i’d be happy about. 

He could do the winks role pretty well, but he wouldn’t put that extra effort in that winks does. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Well if we do go up I guess we'll need to use him next year if the resources are limited.

Points deduction and another season watching Soumare in the PL - Cannot wait!

Especially if he just ambles around the pitch again watching players jog past him. 

The thought of losing KDH and Winks and them being replaced by Soumare and Hamza is giving me the heebie jeebies. 

• Sad 1

Still find it hard to judge this guy on what we saw in his time here with the majority of it being under Rodgers and his run in the team coinciding with a number of higher rated players who quickly seemed to lack interest in the cause. I don't think he's a world beater, but I also wouldn't begrudge him being given another chance and happy to reserve judgement until then.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Doesn’t deserve it imo. He could have stayed and learnt the enzo way this season.

I don’t particularly want to keep any of the players who weren’t willing to give it a try this season.  We may be forced to keep him but it’s certainly not something i’d be happy about. 

He could do the winks role pretty well, but he wouldn’t put that extra effort in that winks does. 

I guess it depends whether he pushed for it particularly or if he was ‘encouraged’ to go. We know with Kristiansen for example that he didn’t seem keen to stay but I don’t remember seeing anything specifically for Soumare in this regard…

On 26/02/2024 at 16:35, NasPb said:

i live in Sevilla and follow them actively. hes been very good with them,

Yes, don't be too offended, many posters on FT do like a player to hound unnecessarily. Soumare didn’t hit any heights with us, but her certainly isn’t as bad as many make out. Likely better suited to Spanish and Italian football better. I’d take him back personally and see what Enzo could do with him. 

• Like 1

There is a player in there and that’s the frustrating thing, he’s a big powerful guy who’s actually pretty strong on the ball and a fairly strong runner. He just needs a rocket up his arse and he needs someone to make him want to play. He definitely is a player that needs to be fluffed up to play well. 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Firstly to footballers, it's in the main just a job. They're not supporters usually. 

Secondly, from the players point of view, he was a young man who had just won the league with his previous club and would have come here with certain ambitions as well as no doubt an improved pay package. It would be a different culture perhaps and he'd have to adapt but, nevertheless he came possibly with certain expectations. 

Upon his arrival he finds himself under a manager who when he did play him sporadically, it was in a position or role that was not conducive to the skill sets that helped his previous team win the league or for which he was known in France. Yet another Rodger's square peg in a round hole. If the rumours surrounding Kristiansen's experience here are true, neither was it a happy camp for some young players coming either.

We only saw glimmers of what he could actually do when Smith played him in his favoured role and contrary to some biased popular opinion, compared to players like Tielemans and Maddison he absolutely busted a gut. 

So against your opinion that he wouldn't deserve another chance because he chose not to stay and learn Enzo's way, I'd say quite the opposite. It's just a job and if I were him I'd have been gagging to leave too! Why would he trust leicester City as a club? If he was unhappy and was given another opportunity elsewhere why not go? Why on earth should he show any loyalty here? The same goes for Kristiansen. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

All depends what we can do in the market. I’m accepting the fact either way KDH is going, because we know he will sell, and possibly Winks too. I don’t mind selling, provided we reinvest properly. 

We aren’t going to raise funds from selling players like Soumare, Praet and co….. because they pretty much worthless. 

Selling Winks would be pointless for the same reason because we need profitable sales. Impressive as he's been, I don't see many clubs offering more than we paid. This is why Chelsea are hawking round the likes Gallagher, Broja and Chalobah because they're 100% profit, and the reason the club would happily entertain bids for Keirnan or even Nelson. They would have loved for Alves or Braybrooke to get a run in the team this season because it would have put them in a shop window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Unfortunately we will probably have to keep him. Cannot afford to replace him, likely why vesty will stay too. 

Vesty is out of contract isn’t he?