Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
two8two

Soumare

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

No offence to you specifically but I'm getting more and more annoyed by posts like this every, single season. 

How much self awareness do you have to lack as an English football fan to sit here moaning every transfer window that clubs in Italy and Spain can't afford to compete with even Championship clubs in England for wages and fees. 

Like these ****ing clubs WANT to be skint. 

The Premier League (and English football in general) is absolutely suffocating the life out of the rest of the European game and fans of "little" Leicester City have the audacity to moan about Italian and Spanish clubs making supposedly low ball offers for players we ridiculously overpaid for because we have the enormous privilege to be able to. 

And some of these same fans will go off in another thread and bemoan X or Y about modern football or Man City or the Rich Six or Super Leagues or something with no sense of irony or humility. 

Makes me a bit queasy to be honest and I'm so ****ing sick of hearing it. 

Where is this unicorn football club with trillions to spend but players worse than ours that's desperate to get our hand me downs and cast offs and buy them from us for enough that the amortisation doesn't kill our FFP budget because they're more reckless and stupid than English clubs? 

Short of Top paying bungs to Saudi to do us a favour (which would make me even more sick) I'm not entirely sure what some of you are waiting for. Rudkin is shit because he can't convince clubs from a skint dying league to spend money they don't have on our rejects? 

Thank You

ATTENTION TO EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE HALF A BRAIN TO THINK ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL SITUATION REGARDING FOOTBALL OUTSIDE OF ENGLAND.  PLEASE READ THIS.  THE PASSION SHOWN IN IT AS WELL IS GREATLY APPRECIATED BY MYSELF.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

No offence to you specifically but I'm getting more and more annoyed by posts like this every, single season. 

How much self awareness do you have to lack as an English football fan to sit here moaning every transfer window that clubs in Italy and Spain can't afford to compete with even Championship clubs in England for wages and fees. 

The Premier League (and English football in general) is absolutely suffocating the life out of the rest of the European game and fans of "little" Leicester City have the audacity to moan about Italian and Spanish clubs making supposedly low ball offers for players we ridiculously overpaid for because we have the enormous privilege to be able to. 

And some of these same fans will go off in another thread and bemoan X or Y about modern football or Man City or the Rich Six or Super Leagues or something with no sense of irony or humility. 

Where is this unicorn football club with trillions to spend but players worse than ours that's desperate to get our hand me downs and cast offs and buy them from us for enough that the amortisation doesn't kill our FFP budget because they're more reckless and stupid than English clubs? 

Short of Top paying bungs to Saudi to do us a favour (which would make me even more sick) I'm not entirely sure what some of you are waiting for. Rudkin is shit because he can't convince clubs from a skint dying league to spend money they don't have on our rejects? 

The issue is that they are actually not skint. Bologna and Sevilla have bought plenty of player in the £10m price range recently and will probably buy multiple players that cost the same as the release clauses for Soumare and Kristiansen in the coming summer. They are just trying to squeeze as much off the transfer price as possible.

There are teams in Serie A and La Liga that are struggling but Sevilla and Bologna are not one of them considering they have both spent more than they have sold in recent years.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

The issue is that they are actually not skint. Bologna and Sevilla have bought plenty of player in the £10m price range recently and will probably buy multiple players that cost the same as the release clauses for Soumare and Kristiansen in the coming summer. They are just trying to squeeze as much off the transfer price as possible.

There are teams in Serie A and La Liga that are struggling but Sevilla and Bologna are not one of them considering they have both spent more than they have sold in recent years.

Can you blame them? We should emulate them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

They may not be skint, but they may have prudent dofs that won't overspend on players. What we think Soumare/Kristiansen are worth and what teams are willing to pay for them are 2 completely different things. It is true though that English teams get bent over by teams abroad when it's comes to both buying and selling players. Cant really blame them though when the money in the English game is so much greater than every other league. 

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

What kind of idiots would pay 10million for Soumare or Kristiansen 

35 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can you blame them? We should emulate them.

I think there is a middle ground between the craziness of our tranfer strategy in the years before we went down and teams that will try and put the selling club in a tough position to force a panic sale. Even though the deal didnt go through offering 40 mil for Trincao a couple months after he got sold for 20mil was as bewildering as it got, especially considering how he has turned out as a player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I think there is a middle ground between the craziness of our tranfer strategy in the years before we went down and teams that will try and put the selling club in a tough position to force a panic sale. Even though the deal didnt go through offering 40 mil for Trincao a couple months after he got sold for 20mil was as bewildering as it got, especially considering how he has turned out as a player.

I believe it was actually 45 mil. If I recall correctly, it was structured as a 2-year loan with an obligation to buy. Nuts!! 

But at least it made @Ric Flair happy for a minute. lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Sometimes one wants to give or show more than a “thumbs up or facup emoji”

Finers I will just say.beyond a .Fking Excellent post…:appl:..

I love Enzo & his system..I want fans to understand we wont anymore go down that dark alley,of blindly pay big money for big name over exorbitant players.That market will find a balance one is starting to see in mainland Europe….Though Barcas and R.Madrid super leagues might carry on corrupting the idea for a short while,but even there

BvB,Bayern,Ajax,Sevilla,A.Madrid,any Italian club will not put up to super lateral transfers or wages…They will start to slowly fall..

5 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Oh yes, I remember that one now, there's been two or three haven't there. Having said that, who really knows what we offered or whether we were even genuinely interested? You tend to get the same thing every summer now and in our case, like this summer, we end up with players we've never perhaps heard of let alone rumours 🤣.

14 hours ago, honeybradger said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/s/4w5CZQu6NE

22 hours ago, two8two said:

Soumare played 90 for Seville v Real last night. Enzo will have watched, does he got his chance if/when we are in the Prem?

I've watched almost all his games in Spain, he's become he main man in that Sevilla midfield, people who think he's lasy are imo being lazy in thier assessment of the guy.

Maybe because he doesn't run around like Robbie Savages people think he doesn't care.