Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

9 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Could we not argue that point,  you can't choose when you do or don't enforce the rules.

Not sure as it’s their competition, so just not sure how much pushback clubs have in such scenarios.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Could we not argue that point,  you can't choose when you do or don't enforce the rules.

yep and i’m sure that would be part of our defence.  I think we have broken the rules whatever way you look at it, so the only thing we can fight is how it’s being governed inappropriately. Because of that, getting other sides to join us would probably be the best thing we could do. 

We might win individual fights about technicalities because of the league switch but Im pretty sure that just delays an inevitable punishment.  I’d love for a group of clubs to really challenge this process though because everton in particular, highlight just how cockhanded this whole thing has been. 

• Like 1

I am curious how are breech fairs alongside Evertons breach, I think I'm correct in saying our breech is higher than theirs? if so its likely to be 12 points deducted before we kick a ball next season hopefully in the Prem given Evertons for less totals 8 points? Apologies if this has been covered already.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing Everton will have theirs deducted by a point, and in their best case scenario quashed to 0 points. 

Apparently they'll appeal based on the fact that they've had two breaches amounting to 8 points deducted, whilst Forest's breaches were 'worse' and only got 4 points. It just smacks more of PL not really knowing what to do with their own rules in their own jurisdiction. As if they're totally out of their depth like @urban.spaceman alluded to. 

They've made up a set of rules that was meant to 'level the playing field' but in turn it's just complicated matters even more so that when a team has seemingly breached them, they've not been prepared enough to indicate the necessary punishments for the level of such a breach. 

You'd hope independent regulation outside of the PL will smooth things up. 

Nick De Marco to the Premier League and the EFL:

tumblr_n5lmzyJX2q1szs6xeo1_250.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

I'm coming to the conclusion that if the commission was made up of some of the 'fans' on here that we'd probably get thrown out the league, have a transfer emabargo for 5 years and have our names taken off the Premier League Trophy and FA Cup. Our CL run would also be scratched.

Some of you just love wallowing in your own shite.

We were spending £1m a week more than we generated, the wages alone were 116% of turnover, the average wage was £90k a week. You can stick your head in the clouds as much as you want, I think 'fans' have a right to be pretty pissed off at the way our club has been run.

6 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I am curious how are breech fairs alongside Evertons breach, I think I'm correct in saying our breech is higher than theirs? if so its likely to be 12 points deducted before we kick a ball next season hopefully in the Prem given Evertons for less totals 8 points? Apologies if this has been covered already.

I’ll be astonished if we get more than six points.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

I honestly think we’ll double down, if we go up I really don’t think we’ll sell anyone that we don't want to sell. And if we do it'll only be for the right price. KDH might be tempting as it’s pure profit, but other than that what benefit would having a fire sale do for us? Well have to replace those that we sell and let’s be fair, KDH aside, not many are going to fetch the kind of amount that’ll vastly improve our finances. We’ll plummet out the league and then be marooned in the EFL for years.

We might be buying in a different market but I still think they’ll be incomings. Another raft of high earners and amortised transfer fees are dropping off the wage bill and I suspect the board will be weighing that up in a risk/reward way

We’ll break it again no doubt, but the horse has bolted on our finances, we just need to take our punishment and try and get it in order in the coming years. But with 90m plus loses 2 years on the spin, and now a season in the championship, it’ll be pretty impossible to not breach next year too regardless of what we do

I get the feeling PSR will change in the next 12 months and we’ll take “another” calculated gamble on it changing in a way that works more in our favour than the current calculations

I'm not endorsing this approach by any means, I can just see it happening 

Seems you are not the only one to think this. I didn't with the way we stopped spending for one whole window but I feel more excited thinking we might go all in again. 

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

I’ll be astonished if we get more than six points.

Thanks why 6, are you saying our breech was not as high / bad as Evertons, appreciate your take on it I can see you have posted alot about it so probably understand it better than me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Laughable, absolutely no order or sort to it 

This is probably what a majority of our legal case and push back will stand on. One that likely says we have broken the rules but without any advantages whatsoever or any impact on the league, but the punishment level hasn't been defined with no level playing field etc. 

6 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

This is probably what a majority of our legal case and push back will stand on. One that likely says we have broken the rules but without any advantages whatsoever or any impact on the league, but the punishment level hasn't been defined with no level playing field etc. 

Plus the fact that the PL's own rules state that there is only a 9 point penalty for insolvency, and there is no suggestion that we are anywhere near that. With that in mind, a points deduction anywhere near the sanction for insolvency would be disproportionate even without both Everton and Forest only getting 4-6 points per charge. I would go so far as to say that the upper limit would be six points with these precedents, and it could be low as three points. If we can't survive in the Prem with a decent transfer window and keeping our mainstays with a modest three point deduction, we don't deserve to stay up.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Plus the fact that the PL's own rules state that there is only a 9 point penalty for insolvency, and there is no suggestion that we are anywhere near that. With that in mind, a points deduction anywhere near the sanction for insolvency would be disproportionate even without both Everton and Forest only getting 4-6 points per charge. I would go so far as to say that the upper limit would be six points with these precedents, and it could be low as three points. If we can't survive in the Prem with a decent transfer window and keeping our mainstays with a modest three point deduction, we don't deserve to stay up.

Hope you're right!

Just now, StanSP said:

Also Everton are playing mitigation again and admission of guilt to try and get a lesser punishment. 

That doesn't bode so well for us in some respects... 

On the contrary, I think as Kieran Maguire's tweet points out in @moore_94's post, the Premier League have displayed complete and total incompetence throughout this whole affair, and that's just if you're being kind. I believe they are downright corrupt.

With us they've proved they don't even know their own rules and are willing to act outside of them, and their strategy with punishing Forest and Everton is completely incoherent.

I don't think we'll shithouse our way out of trouble, though it would be hilarious if we did.

I know I keep banging this drum but this is a real opportunity to make a point about their anti-competitive behaviour.

Pursue this legal action against them and invite Forest, Everton and whoever else wants to join in. 

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

They had no interest in points deductions until the threat of the regulator came in. No surprise they haven't got a clue what to do.

And conveniently now clubs realise this they're voting for another system

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Hope you're right!

I just think any chance of them going in tough has dissipated with the legal action and appeals. The precedents basically rule out anything like double figures or anything close to it.

Surviving with -6 would be tricky but doable, but doing so with -3 looks very realistic given the fact that we'll be coming up with two other similarly limited sides, up against a Brentford side in decline, one of Luton or Forest surviving and Palace a big sale or two away from being in the midst, not to mention Everton, and it looks doable so long as we buy smartly and learn the tactical lessons from this season. 

Edited by Bilo
  • Like 2