Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

We know it's coming, every single fan has got a huge part to play next season, we know its going to be one of the toughest seasons we've ever had, let's go out and give it a proper go, what will be will be 

4 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

They'll look for all the excuses to throw the book at us and punish us as much as is legally possible because let's face it, everyone hates us! I reckon -10 at the very least!

What was the amount for admin? Wasn’t that -10? They can’t really give the same or more than that so it’s going to be 6 to 9 realistically. 

I thought minus nine was the standard for administration so, even with the aggravation of our threatening legal action, I can’t see the penalty being greater than this.

however, I see the IC decision, then guaranteed appeal creating uncertainty around the final outcome and dragging things out beyond the beginning of the season.

Edited by JimmyC74

Reading carefully, he says that the 'initial proposed penalty could be double figures.'

The IPP for Forest was 8 points and was whittled down to 4, with similar negotiations over Everton once the independent panel looked at it. Also, as has already been said, there's only a 9 point deduction in place for administration/insolvency, so that would likely be seen as disproportionate. 

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Reading carefully, he says that the 'initial proposed penalty could be double figures.'

The IPP for Forest was 8 points and was whittled down to 4, with similar negotiations over Everton once the independent panel looked at it. Also, as has already been said, there's only a 9 point deduction in place for administration/insolvency, so that would likely be seen as disproportionate. 

There could be 2 penalties applied at the same time. Based upon Forest they could go for 16 points as a starter.

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

There could be 2 penalties applied at the same time. Based upon Forest they could go for 16 points as a starter.

What would the second one be for? If there was one, based on Everton, it would be lenient as one had already been applied in the season. 

Everton 'could' have got 20 points in total but ended up with 8.

18 minutes ago, Bilo said:

What would the second one be for? If there was one, based on Everton, it would be lenient as one had already been applied in the season. 

Everton 'could' have got 20 points in total but ended up with 8.

This season? Who knows they seem to be making it up.

37 minutes ago, kenny said:

This season? Who knows they seem to be making it up.

Indeed, but they seem to be getting more cautious and lenient. I suspect they'll drop them altogether given how much of a mess applying them has caused.

Whatever the deduction is, I actually think it will galvanise the whole club, we always seem to be at our best when we are the underdogs and things are against us. Let’s pull together now and show that Fearless and Foxes Never Quit spirit and attitude. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

What we reckon now then, -6? 

I think that's about right. It's what Forest would have gotten if they hadn't cooperated.

1 hour ago, kenny said:

Then it just isn’t competitive, there has to be a deduction that still means you can compete otherwise it’s all pointless 

Logically it should be -6, regardless of what the Premier League propose. Their proposals so far have been laughable.

Question is, if we do breach for this season, can the EFL touch us? Previously clubs like ourselves and Fulham have broken FFP en route to promotion and agreed a settlement with the EFL.

9 hours ago, Spudulike said:

So where does this now leave us? EFL can't touch us but PL can chuck the kitchen sink?

Nick de Marco's blue n white army :sweating:

I presume the EFL could still fine us or retain the right to deduct points if/when we got relegated again.

In this mixed up world of pantomime football finance anything could happen.