Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

23 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Is that really going to work?

The commercial difference between say Leeds and Luton could be huge. Spending caps could differ a fair bit from season to season.

Put it into player contracts, wages depend on the seasonal spending limits.  A bit like relegation clauses.

Bear in mind this would be a starting point, the end game would be a consistent low spending limit, but that would never get voted in from the off.

Other sports as I have said before have fixed spending limits, having it based on turnover is not just unfair, but also weird.

Also its based on tv income mostly, so it wont vary as much as you think.  The rule will also encourage more equal spread of TV monies, as then the clubs having more TV income means the big clubs can spend more.

I just honestly dont get it, how so many fans think basing on income is way to go.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Other sports as I have said before have fixed spending limits, based on turnover is not just unfair, but also weird

It's absurd and plain for all to see that it's designed to assist the big clubs (who'd never, ever agree to a salary cap, but why should a sport need their agreement?)

As a salary cap is out of the window, the only realistic rule changes could be 

1. Squad capped at 25 

2. No loaning of players to a club in same division (on the basis of conflict of interest) 

3. A cap of only three contracted players allowed to be loaned out to other divisions (to avoid Chelsea and man city stockpiling)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

It's absurd and plain for all to see that it's designed to assist the big clubs (who'd never, ever agree to a salary cap, but why should a sport need their agreement?)

As a salary cap is out of the window, the only realistic rule changes could be 

1. Squad capped at 25 

2. No loaning of players to a club in same division (on the basis of conflict of interest) 

3. A cap of only three contracted players allowed to be loaned out to other divisions (to avoid Chelsea and man city stockpiling)

The EPL ironically doesnt need their agreement, as a vote of 14 does it, I expect there is all sorts of threats thrown across the room to prevent the other 14 voting it in, a bit like how they avoided punishment for the ESL.

EFL of course also doesnt need the big 6 agreement, but the big 6 of course will be threatening to pull the solidarity payments.

As you said there is many other alternatives, but the problem is FFP is a tool currently used to lock in the status quo under the guise of keeping football clubs safe.

I'm hearing that the EPL are going to try and also carrying over the EFLs transfer embargo they imposed on us aswell. Not only that, I would also mean we can't renew players contracts that have expired. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? Bloody hell imagine all that plus a sizable points deduction! I think it's fair to say we'd be what's known in the trade as ****ed!   😔

Edited by Walshy5

6 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

I'm hearing that the EPL are going to try and also carrying over the EFLs transfer embargo they imposed on us aswell. Not only that, I would also mean we can't renew players contracts that have expired. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? Bloody hell imagine all that plus a sizable points deduction! I think it's fair to say we'd be what's known in the trade as ****ed!   😔

There's no precedent or grounds for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would much rather take the points deduction (as clearly we have breached the rules) and then fight back and stay in the PL, rather than finding random loophole, being called cheats by other teams and not having to face any repercussions for our misdemeanor which just wouldn't feel right. Screw the EPL, give us the points deduction so we can then show that Leicester city are indeed, FEARLESS! 

14 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Hearing from where ?

suspect its posturing to try and get us to to come into line with the hearings etc to get things settled during the summer 

8 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

How can they just make it up as they go along on the hoof though, trying out different punishments?

Can you imagine that happening in criminal law? We don't like what you've done, it's against the rules, so we're going to make a brand new rule or punishment up just for you? It's ludicrous, lawyers would have a field day.

Yes, if you get caught breaking the rules you absolutely deserve to get punished but ... when the rules are put in place, at the same time, logic dictates that a sliding scale of punishments dependent on the severity of the breach of those rules should be ready at the same time, open and transparent so that every club, in every, division knows exactly where they stand.

To not do this leaves any governing body open to criticism for favouring certain clubs and quite rightly so. It really isn't that difficult. Yet again like VAR and the FA Cup, the Football Association comes over as inept and it's about time they were scrutinised properly because they just don't appear to be fit for purpose. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's ludicrous, lawyers would have a field day

Fortunately for us, KP always strike me as a proper litigious corporation, as most billionaire businesses are. 

They'll go on both the attack and defence v the PL / EFL. Not saying I agree with those tactics, but big business tends to do law by stealth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Fortunately for us, KP always strike me as a proper litigious corporation, as most billionaire businesses are. 

They'll go on both the attack and defence v the PL / EFL. Not saying I agree with those tactics, but big business tends to do law by stealth. 

I hope they show them up for the inept fools that they are. We're not alone in this either, everyone needs to know where they stand.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I would much rather take the points deduction (as clearly we have breached the rules) and then fight back and stay in the PL, rather than finding random loophole, being called cheats by other teams and not having to face any repercussions for our misdemeanor which just wouldn't feel right. Screw the EPL, give us the points deduction so we can then show that Leicester city are indeed, FEARLESS! 

The club hasn't been found guilty of breaching any rules yet. Nothing clear about it.

LCFC will be called cheats by those misinformed no matter what the outcome. The club has been since the 2002 administration despite the evidence not supporting that accusation. 

I don't think that King Power will be walked over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

The club hasn't been found guilty of breaching any rules yet. Nothing clear about it.

LCFC will be called cheats by those misinformed no matter what the outcome. The club has been since the 2002 administration despite the evidence not supporting that accusation. 

I don't think that King Power will be walked over.

You know who has though?

The Premier League and the EFL.

Anyone complaining about Leicester City needs to be reminded of that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Where did you hear this?

4 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

They could try but they will fail. There’s no way they could do this, it would be squashed straight away… 

What gets me about these punishments is that this happens because a club struggles to be competitive.

So what's the punishment?

Make it even more difficult!

Genius.

4 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

They seem very quick to want to punish us , but slow to deal with man shitty

I hope whatever deduction we get is announced fairly early so we can start the appeal process early. Last thing we need to starting the season with uncertainty 

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

You know who has though?

The Premier League and the EFL.

Anyone complaining about Leicester City needs to be reminded of that.

Like that has any bearing on our spending over the last few years?

We all get it, their implementation of the rules seems to be lacking integrity and consistency (and loads of all other stuff I'm sure you can rattle off), but can you please give this victimhood stuff a little break Urban?