Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

So we just sell the training ground to king power assuming they dont already own it instead of the club.  Its odd, as the EFL treated stadium sales as against the rules, so its either the EPL choosing a different path or looking for ways to not punish the bigger clubs.

EFL bans sales of assets (non playing) being included whereas apparently the EPL don’t 

I think the epl will close this loophole now 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I think any outcome after the league finishes is a mockery to the sport. You cannot have a situation where fans and players can celebrate staying up only to be retrospectively relegated on appeal and vice versa. So hopefully this is carried out. What a sorry state of affairs this has become though

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 3

Stefan Borson (Football Finance Expert) on Talksport saying it's completely possible that we get two lots of points deductions next season if we stay in the EFL because the PL is keen not to have suspended sentences. We'll have our 3 season breach deduction applied in the EFL as well as a deduction from the EFL for breaching this season. But if we go up only the 3 season breach would be applied.

🥴

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Stefan Borson (Football Finance Expert) on Talksport saying it's completely possible that we get two lots of points deductions next season if we stay in the EFL because the PL is keen not to have suspended sentences. We'll have our 3 season breach deduction applied in the EFL as well as a deduction from the EFL for breaching this season. But if we go up only the 3 season breach would be applied.

🥴

Well he's the expert so I defer to his superior knowledge, but didn't the EFL recently admit that there was no way to punish us for our PL breach while we were in the EFL? This is what they said:

"Having taken legal advice, the EFL has confirmed to all parties that whilst it would want to respect any decision of a Premier League disciplinary commission (and vice versa) to deduct points in the EFL, it does not have the power under the regulations as currently drafted."

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

🥴

That would set a new precedent would it not? Or has it never needed to happen before therefore only new in occurrence rather than the rule itself.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Well he's the expert so I defer to his superior knowledge, but didn't the EFL recently admit that there was no way to punish us for our PL breach while we were in the EFL? This is what they said:

"Having taken legal advice, the EFL has confirmed to all parties that whilst it would want to respect any decision of a Premier League disciplinary commission (and vice versa) to deduct points in the EFL, it does not have the power under the regulations as currently drafted."

Under the current rules. I presume the PL and EFL will be working together to change their rules so that they can punish team in the other's jurisdiction on each other's behalf? 

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Under the current rules. I presume the PL and EFL will be working together to change their rules so that they can punish team in the other's jurisdiction on each other's behalf? 

Even if they are, I would be extremely surprised if they could impose a new rule retrospectively. If they tried, I'm sue Nick De Macro would be all over that like a rat up a drainpipe. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Can see us on -10 to start the season, only good thing about this is they’d be no pressure on the team, they’d just have to go out and see what they can achieve. 

Even if they start at -10 I think we would be able to get that down on appeal like Everton did as you get -9 for going into administration, I can’t see how they can justify giving more than that

Edited by moore_94

22 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Can see us on -10 to start the season, only good thing about this is they’d be no pressure on the team, they’d just have to go out and see what they can achieve. 

How on earth would they get to -10? Kieran Maguire reckons our breach will be slightly less than Forest's and they only got -4 (which they are appealing). What is it that convinces you that we'll be hit harder than both Everton and Forest when they obtained a sporting advantage while we were relegated?!

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

How on earth would they get to -10? Kieran Maguire reckons our breach will be slightly less than Forest's and they only got -4 (which they are appealing). What is it that convinces you that we'll be hit harder than both Everton and Forest when they obtained a sporting advantage while we were relegated?!

They think we are tw*ts.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

That may be true, but I’m not sure it actually counts as an aggravating factor. Plus, the PL do not decide the punishment. 

Jokes aside I think we are a consistently aggravating factor to PL. They are going to do all they can to throw the book at us.

We don't want too many Leicester Citys meant referred to the title win. It can also be extrapolated to anyone that upsets the gravy train at the top of the PL and im sure our recent legal challenges won't go unnoticed.

23 minutes ago, kenny said:

They think we are tw*ts.

They can think that, but we have two independent judgments, and a passage in the Everton report, that demonstrates that they are the ones behaving like twats.

Acting in bad faith, repeatedly breaking their own rules, going outside of their own jurisdictions and allegedly breaking the law by sharing our confidential information with each other. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, kenny said:

Jokes aside I think we are a consistently aggravating factor to PL. They are going to do all they can to throw the book at us.

We don't want too many Leicester Citys meant referred to the title win. It can also be extrapolated to anyone that upsets the gravy train at the top of the PL and im sure our recent legal challenges won't go unnoticed.

It's how we deal with the independent panel that reviews our case that matters, not how we have dealt with the PL. It's the panel that  judges how co-operative we are with them, and what the punishment is. They have to explain their decisions in detail, including any further points deducted for aggravating factors and points given back for mitigating factors. Our legal challenges have so far vindicated us, so there is no way they could be used as a reason to punish us more heavily.

There's a lot of confusion about how the process works - plenty of folk on social media etc seem to think the PL can 'throw the book at us' just because they don't like us, but that isn't how the process works at all.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

That may be true, but I’m not sure it actually counts as an aggravating factor. Plus, the PL do not decide the punishment. 

Their overall recommendations to the independent panel was a 17 point deduction, which eventually has been slashed to 8.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Their overall recommendations to the independent panel was a 17 point deduction, which eventually has been slashed to 8.

I think in every case so far the deductions imposed have been significantly less than the PL wanted. 

17 minutes ago, kenny said:

But  the PL isn't just the ep six is it.  All the clubs can vote on arrangements.  Frankly I think the penny has dropped that PRS is not about protecting pl clubs from administration... I fully expect these rules to be heavily revised shortly.  we could even see lcfc punished after the league has voted to change the rules going forward.

IMO these is a real problem in lower leagues where clubs are sometimes bought cheaply, asset stripped and owners will gamble the future of the club on getting promotion... and then walk way when it doesn't work.  Frankly the epl could require s bond or security form owners in return for their golden ticket - and the bond be forfeited if they go in to admin.  This would ensure that those in control have skin in the game and we don't see 100 year old clubs in administration.

By 2021 it must have been obvious that the wage structure made PRS compliance all but impossible - the key question is when making these decisions did the board do so knowing we were or were going to break the rules.  Yes is bad... NO shows negligence.    Where the directors so enamoured with BR that they gambled our future on his ability to secure ECL qualification?  If so they were unwise.

Our lack of candour is now an  aggravating factor.  The likely sanctions will make us uncompetitive for quite some time - as a fan t hat is very disappointing and frustrating.  I am sure we expected more of our owners.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

But  the PL isn't just the ep six is it.  All the clubs can vote on arrangements.  Frankly I think the penny has dropped that PRS is not about protecting pl clubs from administration... I fully expect these rules to be heavily revised shortly.  we could even see lcfc punished after the league has voted to change the rules going forward.

IMO these is a real problem in lower leagues where clubs are sometimes bought cheaply, asset stripped and owners will gamble the future of the club on getting promotion... and then walk way when it doesn't work.  Frankly the epl could require s bond or security form owners in return for their golden ticket - and the bond be forfeited if they go in to admin.  This would ensure that those in control have skin in the game and we don't see 100 year old clubs in administration.

By 2021 it must have been obvious that the wage structure made PRS compliance all but impossible - the key question is when making these decisions did the board do so knowing we were or were going to break the rules.  Yes is bad... NO shows negligence.    Where the directors so enamoured with BR that they gambled our future on his ability to secure ECL qualification?  If so they were unwise.

Our lack of candour is now an  aggravating factor.  The likely sanctions will make us uncompetitive for quite some time - as a fan t hat is very disappointing and frustrating.  I am sure we expected more of our owners.

What ‘lack of candour’? We haven’t even begun to deal with the independent panel yet.

The likely sanction will be a 4-6 point penalty next season. This will make life harder for us, sure, but it won’t necessarily define our future for an extended period. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think in every case so far the deductions imposed have been significantly less than the PL wanted. 

For clubs that were open, up front and importantly co-operated (translation: bent over and asked them to be gentle)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

For clubs that were open, up front and importantly co-operated (translation: bent over and asked them to be gentle)

Yes - with the panel. Our process hasn’t started yet, which means we still have the opportunity to be open and honest with the panel that reviews our case.