Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

To be fair to the club, the goal posts were moved in an attempt to stop clubs like us challenging. We created a new wage structure to secure our assets and make us competitive.  Then FFP came in and it’s obviously very hard to then go back on that structure. Yes vardy gets 125kpw but you need to come in on 20k. 

FFP was designed to put clubs like us in our place. So i’m not fully blaming the club for not meeting it. 

We wouldn’t have signed anyone last year but due to desperation had to throw money at souttar, VK and tete in an attempt to survive. 

Take the points deduction and get on with it 

FFP is a sack of shit. 

They should be forced to prioritise dealing with Chelsea and Man City first, instead of picking of the smaller clubs. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Is 'The Sun' a reliable source?

This question keeps coming up. I wouldn't describe them as reliable because they do publish a lot of rubbish, but they're also often first to stories that turn out to be true. 

But all this particular story is saying is that other clubs reckon we might be in breach. I personally find it highly plausible that other clubs are whispering about our finances as our actions in the transfer market have revealed how close we are to a breach. At this stage we don't know whether we're actually in breach (and how much by) or whether we just managed to stay within the limits. That will only become clear when we actually publish our accounts for the last financial year. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very very naive to think there isn't a strong possibility this could be close to the truth. We were already pretty close hence the summer of 2022. We then got relegated, had to sell Maddison before the accounting period and we've then been told we've got FFP issues this winter.

Buckle up, many of us feared this could happen. 

To play Devil's advocate, if you know you have already broken FFP for the 3 year period why sell Maddison early for cheap if you have all bust. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Also, how have Villa not been looked at? They’ve spent a colossal amount of money since they returned to the PL haven’t they? 

Helps when you sale a youth product for 100m 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

To play Devil's advocate, if you know you have already broken FFP for the 3 year period why sell Maddison early for cheap if you have all bust. 

This is true although we wouldn't know how they would react to breaches until Everton had been dealt with.

The problem with the Premier League profit and sustainability regulations is that too many clubs were probably too far down the rabbit hole when they voted for it. 

I suspect some of the restrictions will be eased in the future because it is starting to affect clubs like Newcastle, Man Utd, and Chelsea, once the bigger clubs feel the squeeze then things seem to change. 

As for our club's culpability, well those upstairs knew it was coming, but allowed Brenda to overpay for transfers, and handed out stupid wages for a club our size.  Combined with the hierarchy being convinced of his god-like status and taking his advice to not sell any jewels in the crown this has subsequently left us "up crap creek without a paddle".   In the space of a few weeks, the clouds of doom seem to have descended on our club. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

FFP is a sack of shit. 

They should be forced to prioritise dealing with Chelsea and Man City first, instead of picking of the smaller clubs. 

Can't help but think the whole rotten edifice of the game is fiddling around and this has brought the imbalance that favours the bigger clubs and FFP is not worth the paper it's printed on. All this encourages more to turn off from the game

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

This question keeps coming up. I wouldn't describe them as reliable because they do publish a lot of rubbish, but they're also often first to stories that turn out to be true. 

But all this particular story is saying is that other clubs reckon we might be in breach. I personally find it highly plausible that other clubs are whispering about our finances as our actions in the transfer market have revealed how close we are to a breach. At this stage we don't know whether we're actually in breach (and how much by) or whether we just managed to stay within the limits. That will only become clear when we actually publish our accounts for the last financial year. 

Perhaps an element of revenge for 2002 2003?

I really don’t get how we’ve sold players for such big money, consistently, not really spent mega, had relative successes and continually acted like paupers while others haven’t sold, spent money of shite and not been successful.

I appreciate our wages were and still are high but any comparisons I make with other clubs just don’t add up.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

So, at the moment it's pretty hypothetical.

Other clubs think that we may have breached ffp. An article in the sun, written by a Leeds supporting journo.

whilst of course it may be entirely possible, if it does turn out to be the case then I would be surprised given the lack of activity in 2022, the business we did last summer and the fact that we did not have a fire sale in January.

the article talks about us posting £140m losses but (assuming that is accurate) that would include interest payments on the training ground, admin and other costs exempted from ffp calculations I would imagine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

But that's exactly the point, yes it does. The worse the breach the worse the sanction, not only that to be seen to flagrantly break the rules in such a way would also lead to harsher sanctions. 

As for 1) We didn't spend to either not break FFP or to not break it by any more than we already were. 

And as for 3) We don't know that. 

We don’t know if we’ve broken ffp - hence my premis ‘assuming we have’

if we haven’t then the whole thread is a waste of time !

Spending 10 mill more than we’d already gone over by really won’t make a lot of difference to the sanction (if any).  But that 10mill spend will enable you to spend 30 mill on fees and 4 mill in wages over the season in question. 

the only issue would be if the panel could prove that we already knew we were overspent and continued to spend. I’m sure we could have wriggled out of that position. 

2 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Needs someone from the clubs hierarchy to come out and put a statement out spelling out where we stand with FFP, but we know they won't as they love keeping the fans in the dark.

They’ll ever do that. They hate communicating with fans as it is. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Needs someone from the clubs hierarchy to come out and put a statement out spelling out where we stand with FFP, but we know they won't as they love keeping the fans in the dark.

Tbf, they are hardly going to broadcast being in financial trouble and affect negotiations for, more or less, everything... sponsorship, catering tenders, player contracts. 

Brighton got wind of it  and chanced their arm. Broadcasting it is gonna leave us wide open. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

So, at the moment it's pretty hypothetical.

The problem is everybody has gone haywire..

Got all their wires cost,even crossed them  before posting 

We are presuming, assuming ..and going.. hypothetical…

We are muddying our own waters..

Sun have their story…just by our actions..

Jump onto this forum & start shit stirring…and stirring more