Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Where does all the money go? As far as transfers go, I can only think of one season in the last 10 or so years we have made a significant loss.

Most seasons we turn a profit or are within 10/15 million of the overall outgoingS?

We’ve never really splurged in the Way Forest or Everton have?

Is this more down to the lack of revenue being brought in from other areas of the club?

No surprise. But the deadline day shenanigans - and the summer 2023 - prove that there are efforts to try and comply. 

We are 100% up shit creek if we don't go up tho - and I fully expect virtually zero signings beyond free transfers if we go up. 

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

never experienced a vibe shift on here like the one we've had over the last 10 days.

Was you not looking on here around the end of the transfer window? Plenty of people going crazy that we didn't spend money that we obviously couldn't afford. 

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Where does all the money go? As far as transfers go, I can only think of one season in the last 10 or so years we have made a significant loss.

Most seasons we turn a profit or are within 10/15 million of the overall outgoingS?

Is this more down to the lack of revenue being brought in from other areas of the club?

We were always really high in terms of wages vs income weren't we? I think that has probably had the most negative impact.

The huge clubs don't need to spend anywhere near the same percentage of their revenue on wages because (a) they rake in tons more money and (b) although they do pay higher wages overall, if they're going for the same players as us, for example, they can pay less because of the prestige of playing for a bigger club.

Clubs like ours have had to spend huge amounts to attract the players (and manager(s)) we've deemed to what's required to compete towards the top of the Prem.

It will be interesting to see how Villa end up in the next few years. They have money but their wages are high and I wonder how they're able to reconcile that with their income.

I don't know what Brighton's wages are like but on the face of it, that model allows less money spent on the wages of talented players from poorer markets, so maybe they won't quite be in the same boat as potentially Villa or us, or that Everton and Forest find themselves in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Wages. We allowed Brodgers to hand out 80k p/w contracts to his agent sons clients (Bertrand) and generally on absolute shit.

It’s the 25/26 season.

We are 20th in The Championship 

Robbie Neilson is our manager

Sean Morrison is our captain

Cray Valley Paper Mills have knocked us out of The FA Cup

Jon Rudkin has been made Vice Chairman 

• Haha 1

100% clickbait but might have some truth in it, i certainly don't know and i'm pretty sure neither does the Sun. Regardless the whole way FFP runs, needs to change.  And sooner rather than later, its just a joke now with points deducted then given back, points deducted in the following season and points never deducted at all. I get why it was brought in initially but there has to be a better way of doing it.  

• Like 1

Important points worth reiterating:
- “Other clubs suspect” does NOT mean “information is in hand”
- the two worst COVID years combine for one year in FFP calculations.

Last year, the club published annual accounts on March 7.  So it’s possible the 2022/23 results are now in hand and this is a genuine leak.  But the article does not read that way.  We won’t have long to wait to find out the truth.  But why lose your rag over something in the Sun.

• Like 2

If we have broken ffp this season, it seems nonsensical we backed out of the £500k sensi deal, it’s also got to be annoying for other championship clubs if we get punished next season following promotion.

i think rules and punishments of ffp need ironing out, clubs and fans need to know when clubs are to be investigated, and if guilty, punished. Of course making things fair is a good thing, but seems we’d have been better off breaking ffp last season which would have without a doubt kept us up.

FFP has become a lottery, almost all clubs that spend any money (outside of the top six, sad but true to say) are at risk of being stung by it. The fact that an FFP breach can happen without anyone really knowing they have done it suggests strongly that the entire financing structure of British football is labyrinthine, unfair, opaque and unfit for purposes. But the PL or FA won't do anything at all about this beyond imposing penalties for breaking rules that are arbitrarily enforced. Personally I think football is chaotically organised at a national and global level, but governing bodies are making far too much from it - financially and politically - to even acknowledge there is a problem. 

33 minutes ago, bovril said:

never experienced a vibe shift on here like the one we've had over the last 10 days.

Yeah, it's shocking really, i think it's people waking up and realising that they're "still on Craggy island"!

R(16).jpg

Time will tell.

I dont think any of us would be surprised no matter if we are guilty or not.

Bet most epl clubs outside the top money clubs feel this way these days.

Think it's time we tell the big clubs to fook off and then have the rest of us not big clubs work under a proper structure with soft and hard salary caps with clearly defined points deductions for going X over etc.

We are going to be thinking about this every bloody year, it's not good for any club in the epl, efl.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

Ha, suspect this is being leaked out by certain PL clubs to put us off suing for FFP. 

Not that I fully trust the club to have got this right but the ifs, buts and maybes make this something put out there by rival clubs to try to put us back in our box.