Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Refusing to invest, when already breaching FFP anyway, Only Top and Whelan can do that. O_o

Not sure that would have been a good look tbh

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Made pure profit on Ramsay, Archer, Grealish, Philogene, Azaz, Chukwumeka totalling 160m. 

Made money on Targett too. 

I raise you:

Chilwell

Barnes

Hurst

All of which were pure profit totaling to circa £96m 

Add to that small buys/big sales of:

Drinkwater

Mahrez 

Maguire 

Fofana 

Maddison

I appreciate they weren't pure profit and there are sell on %'s involved but you're looking in the region of £200m (and i've knocked quite abit off, i'm being generous, it should be way more than that figure)

I also get i'm looking over many seasons and a bigger window but the point i'm making is we've made more small buys/big profits, had more successes and generated more money than alot of clubs, yet we've acted like paupers for years.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

So basically if we don't go up we have screwed up a massive points lead, having been top all season, be a laughing stock, lose all our best players and fade into oblivion. Or we Do go up, probably start off ten or more points behind everyone, and unable to spend any money and finish bottom. Great times. 

• Haha 1

I don’t get how you can win a premier league second season into being in the top flight with having spent next to **** all in comparison and then make humongous profit on selling players constantly without really spending more than any mid table side. Play multiple seasons in Europe and end up in such a shit financial situation any decent DOF would of been laughing being in charge of a club in that situation

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I don’t get how you can win a premier league second season into being in the top flight with having spent next to **** all in comparison and then make humongous profit on selling players constantly without really spending more than any mid table side. Play multiple seasons in Europe and end up in such a shit financial situation any decent DOF would of been laughing being in charge of a club in that situation

Have you seen our wage bill? And the £100m training ground?

22 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

The club needs to come out 2morrow with any form of statement with yes or its not true 2MORROW.

Why? 
the accounts will be published later this month and then everyone will know 

it’s not relevant to this season 

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The training ground doesn’t affect ffp although the money spent could have been diverted to clearing some debt and reducing the interest payments which affect the bottom line 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

The club needs to come out 2morrow with any form of statement with yes or its not true 2MORROW.

Crikey.

if all clubs responded to articles in the Sun that were Inaccurate  can you imagine the amount of press releases/ statements there would be?

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The training ground doesn’t affect ffp although the money spent could have been diverted to clearing some debt and reducing the interest payments which affect the bottom line 

Yep, and that’s the point isn’t it. Too interested in wanting to look good than showing any sensible business acumen.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I believe the training ground is a separate entity & doesn't affect FFP.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I raise you:

Chilwell

Barnes

Hurst

All of which were pure profit totaling to circa £96m 

Add to that small buys/big sales of:

Drinkwater

Mahrez 

Maguire 

Fofana 

Maddison

I appreciate they weren't pure profit and there are sell on %'s involved but you're looking in the region of £200m (and i've knocked quite abit off, i'm being generous, it should be way more than that figure)

I also get i'm looking over many seasons and a bigger window but the point i'm making is we've made more small buys/big profits, had more successes and generated more money than alot of clubs, yet we've acted like paupers for years.

1 hour ago, FoxOnWheels said:

IT'S THE PLAYER WAGES GUYS!

We've spent millions upon millions on immoveable objects on four and five year plans.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

On today’s Big Strong Leicester Boys podcast, Rob Tanner basically said that he fully expects us to be in breach of the rules and that our hopes depend on pleading for mitigation because we’ve made more of an effort than other clubs to comply with the rules.Unsurprising perhaps, but not exactly reassuring…

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

On today’s Big Strong Leicester Boys podcast, Rob Tanner basically said that he fully expects us to be in breach of the rules and that our hopes depend on pleading for mitigation because we’ve made more of an effort than other clubs to comply with the rules.Unsurprising perhaps, but not exactly reassuring…

North West teams are going with ‘we’re not guilty’; East Midlands clubs are preferring ‘we’re guilty but we did our best’ 😬 

21 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

their charges are ‘too complicated’ to be assessed and therefore being forgiven (*sniff, *sniff, cocaine, briefcases exchanging, *sniff, EPL being deep throated by mancity owners, make it stop!).  All 115 of them.

Lol

5 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

You think the club will have given them permission to publicly discuss our finances?

You think the club will have discussed finances with them?

In terms of the finances, we meet with the Finance Director just before the annual accounts are made public to go through them & raise questions, so this will be towards the end of March covering the accounts for 22/23 season which run up to June 30th 2023. This has been the annual practice for several years now, albeit the timings have changed (meeting used to be end of Feb with accounts running to May 31st, the adjustment to the timing period was registered at Companies House last April)

However this discussion is confidential, so you are correct that we cannot reveal anything learnt in addition to that published (either via a club statement or on public record at Companies House)

Edited by Foxes_Trust
  • Like 1