Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

The authorities whoever they bloody are need to sort themselves out first before dishing out fines. Proper bollox with having to roll back points deduction. Doesn’t look good for them. 

‘IF’ there is any truth to us being charged I will wait until I see the article on the bbc not the sun. Also, with Everton and Forest still in the muck doubt any other clubs are gonna get sanctioned at this time until they sort those two out first. I know there is no smoke without fire but I truelly hope our club has managed this behind the scenes properly. This is such a critical time we are in fighting yes fighting now to get promoted!

we aren’t cruising anymore - those days are gone.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

As if anyone believes The Sun anymore :giggle:

I'm sorry, but this is extremely naïve. Yes, the Sun publishes a lot of stuff that turns out to be nonsense. But they are also very often the first to stories that turn out to be true. Their record at digging out scoops is second to none.

All the story says is that other clubs believe we may be in breach of financial rules. I think this is highly plausible. That doesn't, of course, mean we are in breach. But anybody who confidently dismisses the story because it's in the Sun is burying their head in the ground.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

would be the most inept piece of planning in history to be relegated because you didn't spend money in the summer window to avoid breaking ffp and then be relegated whilst still breaking ffp ......  

and if it happened we'd still not have one local journo asking the obvious questions  .......  

Not sure spending money and breaking FFP by even more is the cunning plan you seem to think. 

Not only because Rodger's wasted a huge amount of money anyway, but we'd currently be sat in the permier league with a massive points penalty, that made Everton's pale into insignificance.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If we have failed FFP in 2022/23 despite selling Fofana and Maddison in that accounting period then it is beyond belief.

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Exactly. Too beyond belief for the clowns running the show I would hope.

How is it beyond belief? We got relegated, something that would never have been in the budget. 

• Like 1

It's very very naive to think there isn't a strong possibility this could be close to the truth. We were already pretty close hence the summer of 2022. We then got relegated, had to sell Maddison before the accounting period and we've then been told we've got FFP issues this winter.

Buckle up, many of us feared this could happen. 

I just don't see us making deals like Fatawu and Winks or even Coady and Mavididi if we're that close to the edge, to be honest. 

And KDH definitely would have gone. 

Of course there's always the possibility that accepting our fate, getting promoted and just simply taking a 10 point deduction and thinking it's better than not being in the Prem at all is just... the plan. 

But it's far more likely that the Sun are just taking a bunch of speculation and just filling inches up with it while it's relevant news given Everton and Forest. 

If credible sources start chiming in then okay sure, maybe there's grounds for concern. But it's the ****ing Sun and that article isn't an article, it's not journalism, it's just rumourmongering 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Seems a very easy article without major conviction or detail to publish. The same applies to Leeds and Saints. 

But was told by a poster last week that I was wrong in my convictions that the FFP position is very grave and serious. We are burying our heads in the sand to think otherwise 

Anyone what thinks this club has a handle on it are in for shock. A lack of promotion probably see us stung on FFP for two seasons, possibly three dependent on how bad last year's PSR calculation was. 

I'm sure they've got to grips with it. They've overseen the most avoidable relegation with the biggest wage bill in Premier League history but despite this I've absolutely no doubt they know what they're doing and it's all fine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

100% clickbait but might have some truth in it, i certainly don't know and i'm pretty sure neither does the Sun. Regardless the whole way FFP runs, needs to change.  And sooner rather than later, its just a joke now with points deducted then given back, points deducted in the following season and points never deducted at all. I get why it was brought in initially but there has to be a better way of doing it.  

It is changing as of next season I think. It's being brought in line with UEFA's FFP rules that mean you can only spend a certain percentage of your overall revenue (my vague memory says 70% or something like that). It'll still mean the big boys can outspend everyone else though. 

If we have failed FFP in 2022/23 despite selling Fofana and Maddison in that accounting period then it is beyond belief.

You have to sell them by the June 30th cut-off date, or they get lumped into the 23/24 period. It's what Forest are using as a flimsy defence against their points deduction, because they sold Brennan Johnson after that date so they could get more money for him and don't think it's fair they they should be punished for that. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure spending money and breaking FFP by even more is the cunning plan you seem to think. 

Not only because Rodger's wasted a huge amount of money anyway, but we'd currently be sat in the permier league with a massive points penalty, that made Everton's pale into insignificance.

either you dont understand what i was saying or i don't understand what you're saying ......

assuming we have broken  ffp:

1) we didnt spend in order to avoid breaking ffp

2) we were relegated

3) we broke ffp anyway

hence we may as well have spent a bit more in the summer to try and avoid being relegated.  whether we broke it by 10 mill or 20 mill isnt going to make much difference to the sanction ????

• Like 3

The 'we had to spend to chase the big 6' line doesn't stand up to much scrutiny wrt transfer fees. We've spent about £140 since 2019 (excluding this season) and only 3 of those players were nailed on starters in the PL.

Our ridiculous wage bill has been the problem because we overpay and subsequently can't shift players, then loads left on frees further weakening our financial position. Top, Rudkin and Whelan can't negotiate running a club in 2024 and Top's too weka or too stupid to do anything about it.

12 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

100% clickbait but might have some truth in it, i certainly don't know and i'm pretty sure neither does the Sun. Regardless the whole way FFP runs, needs to change.  And sooner rather than later, its just a joke now with points deducted then given back, points deducted in the following season and points never deducted at all. I get why it was brought in initially but there has to be a better way of doing it.  

I don’t think it’s much FFP,but too many media outlets muddying the waters,

by playing Inspector Clouseau…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

The whole FFP thing is a fecking joke, just protects the big boys. 

Teams in the EFL are getting shafted left right and centre. Leeds took what 16points years back, Reading have had loads despite their owner passing the EFL fit and proper test. Its an absolute shambles.

Everton cry in the Prem like babies and get points back, they dont know the half of it! Typical whiney scousers. 

Funny how we might be having financial issues after the Premier League restricted our earnings and spending power after winning the league, with our eventual ascent in 2019-2022 spooking the "big clubs" enough that they would a) try to restructure the league to benefit only them with "Project Big Picture" in 2020 and after that failed b) try to set up their own "European Super League" in 2021 in an attempt to bankrupt the rest of the footballing pyramid with their own league just for them.

While at the same time c) Manchester City managing to get a CAS panel, 66% of which was their choosing, to overturn a UEFA ruling on the technicality of it being "time barred" after they spent 5 years refusing to cooperate with the authorities, and thereby keeping us out of an earned Champions League place twice.

"We don't want too many Leicester Citys"

The Premier League's protectionism of their most popular members; their failure to deal with Man City's cheating in time; and their failure to deal with Everton's cheating in time, is what lead to our financial issues and our eventual relegation. We have been cheated, pure and simple, and that should be our reaction to any charge of "failing" to deal with our finances, if their client media (known for being corrupt liars) is true. 

I want Top, Susan and Rudkin to ****ING STAND UP FOR OURSELVES and take these corrupt ***** head on.

When Labour get in, we need to be taking this to government level and try and bring the whole thing crashing down.

**** it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

either you dont understand what i was saying or i don't understand what you're saying ......

2) we were relegated

3) we broke ffp anyway

hence we may as well have spent a bit more in the summer to try and avoid being relegated.  whether we broke it by 10 mill or 20 mill isnt going to make much difference to the sanction ????

It's his latest attempt at his extreme whataboutery shtick.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

2) we were relegated

3) we broke ffp anyway

But that's exactly the point, yes it does. The worse the breach the worse the sanction, not only that to be seen to flagrantly break the rules in such a way would also lead to harsher sanctions. 

As for 1) We didn't spend to either not break FFP or to not break it by any more than we already were. 

And as for 3) We don't know that. 

Edited by Babylon

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Funny how we might be having financial issues after the Premier League restricted our earnings and spending power after winning the league, with our eventual ascent in 2019-2022 spooking the "big clubs" enough that they would a) try to restructure the league to benefit only them with "Project Big Picture" in 2020 and after that failed b) try to set up their own "European Super League" in 2021 in an attempt to bankrupt the rest of the footballing pyramid with their own league just for them.

While at the same time c) Manchester City managing to get a CAS panel, 66% of which was their choosing, to overturn a UEFA ruling on the technicality of it being "time barred" after they spent 5 years refusing to cooperate with the authorities, and thereby keeping us out of an earned Champions League place twice.

"We don't want too many Leicester Citys"

The Premier League's protectionism of their most popular members; their failure to deal with Man City's cheating in time; and their failure to deal with Everton's cheating in time, is what lead to our financial issues and our eventual relegation. We have been cheated, pure and simple, and that should be our reaction to any charge of "failing" to deal with our finances, if their client media (known for being corrupt liars) is true. 

I want Top, Susan and Rudkin to ****ING STAND UP FOR OURSELVES and take these corrupt ***** head on.

When Labour get in, we need to be taking this to government level and try and bring the whole thing crashing down.

**** it.

Whilst I largely agree with sticking it to the establishment and the blob, Im not quite sure how a Labour government helps with this, they are all part of the elitist establishment and protection of this status. 

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

But how do you know that? You can't prove that?

Well, kind of can, actually. The whole point was breaking FFP isn't a set points deduction. The amount you break it, and the way you break it entirely dictates the santion. That's not "whataboutery", it's a cold hard fact you and toddle off and read about.

So the notion that we should have just spent a load of money, really is just making the problem worse isn't it. The cloth had to be cut. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well, kind of can, actually. The whole point was breaking FFP isn't a set points deduction. The amount you break it, and the way you break it entirely dictates the santion. That's not "whataboutery", it's a cold hard fact you and toddle off and read about.

So the notion that we should have just spent a load of money, really is just making the problem worse isn't it. The cloth had to be cut. 

You've missed the joke here pal 🤣

To be fair to the club, the goal posts were moved in an attempt to stop clubs like us challenging. We created a new wage structure to secure our assets and make us competitive.  Then FFP came in and it’s obviously very hard to then go back on that structure. Yes vardy gets 125kpw but you need to come in on 20k. 

FFP was designed to put clubs like us in our place. So i’m not fully blaming the club for not meeting it. 

We wouldn’t have signed anyone last year but due to desperation had to throw money at souttar, VK and tete in an attempt to survive. 

Take the points deduction and get on with it 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3